• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Judgement Day for the Canucks

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not every team that faces a elimination in game 5 needs to hang their heads in shame? The Red Wings and Flyers both had games that could have gone either way and did not. They simply got some bad bounces and made minor mistakes that cost them. They should not be going into a game where they needed to look themselves in the mirror.

The Canucks are not in the same boat. They need to look long and hard and search deep into their very beings to understand the embarrassment that this loss will encompass this franchise! Its not losing that will hurt what this team has tried to accomplish this past season, not at all, losing is part of the game everyone understands that going into a playoffs that anything can and generally will happen that the team that finds the “zone” fastest will be the one that plays the longest and probably wins the last game in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. If the Canucks lose this round they will go out with the most disappointing loss in Franchise history.

Yes the most disappointing, you see the Canucks had become the most unravelled in a series that this fanbase has every seen. They have lost 100% composure in the most critical time of the year. This team prided itself on being able to handle every situation this year. They became a team that saw them come back from 3rd period deficits 12 times, 12, that is impressive. They had won their 3rd division title in 4 years, that is impressive. They had advanced to the 2nd round for the same time period. However that is where is stops. They lose, they find a way to lose when they shouldn’t. The year they lost to the Ducks was expected, the Canucks were in the playoffs with a newer team and the Ducks were unstoppable, they only lost 4 games in the playoffs that year, they dominated everyone. Last year we lost on being outplayed in the crease. We know it wasnt all Luongos fault however that game 6 was a below average game that should not be seen in a playoff.

This year is all different, there is not ONE player that you look at and go man he was a huge reason we lost? This was as big a meltdown as any have seen. They have lost, fallen apart, melted down, collapsed as a team and its not just in how they played. Its how they have acted. They came into this series talking about swagger, confidence, being the better team, learning from last year, and they failed completely…. Well not YET.

The Canucks still have a chance at redemption, a very slim one but they have one. Until that 4th game is lost the Canucks still have life. The Blackhawks are 13-0 when leading 3-1 in the 2nd round, the Canucks have never come back from a 3-1 deficit in the 2nd round but again this is not the same players from the past. These are players that have a chance to change history, these are players that have a chance to redeem themselves, Lose like this and the memory of this playoff will last maybe the longest of them all.

Find your glory Canucks, Find your HEART.

GO CANUCKS GO

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great first post matt, and welcome to the board. I wonder what's going on inside the Canucks dressing room, there really seems to be a lack of leadership and accountability and that all starts and ends with the captain. Maybe it's just me, but I've been disappointed in some of Luongo's comments and it makes me wonder if his teammates feel that he's passing the buck and assigning blame onto them. Just really surprised at the lack of discipline and composure that the Canucks players are showing in the series. For all the talk that they were past all the trash-talking, their actions display that the Hawks are still in their heads.

Last edited by a moderator:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note - Bobby shaved his playoff beard for "better luck". lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Guys. I sent a question to a few of the sportsnet guys on twitter about luongo and being captain it was a pretty general consensus that is part of the issue but no real details. this falls to just more than one individual and Luongo talking they way he does sometimes does cause confusion on where the leadership is coming from. I dont think he really points fingers and passes the buck even though some of his answers indicates that, I think he is trying to be the leader and hold individuals accountable and doesnt go about it hte right way, something that should be done in a locker room and then also backed up with they way he plays on ice (not letting in a goal 18 seconds in to start would be good)

The whole team has lacked a consistency this entire year. Luongo has probably been the most inconsistent which begs to have the captaincy looked at. If it was removed from him it would certainly show how big a leader he really is in how he would act. Im betting they wont do it but I do notice that he doesn't wear that C on his mask anymore (at least I cant see it anymore)

Luo is not the only one that needs to step up here, the Sedins and Burrows and especially Kesler need to get their act together, winning a series is not just about scoring (lol I know how that sounds but they need to play a complete game)

- its not a bedpan lol haha

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note - Bobby shaved his playoff beard for "better luck". lol

yeah I saw that. He hair is freaking wild again too lol. maybe he will be Crazy Lou and save us

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
welcome Matty... took ya long enough :)

worst thing about this is that history seems to be repeating itself.
last year, we were 3 minutes from taking a 3-1 series lead when the walls caved in.
this year we were less than a period away from going up 2-0 before the homestand, and the same thing has happened.
can't keep thugs away from our crease, and are losing 90% of the battles for the puck in front of the net. seriously, 80% of the goals scored are getting put in from 3 feet or less. That's partially a goaltending issue (rebounds), but why are the Hawks stick getting to them ahead of ours pretty much ALL the time. Same issue at their end. If we create rebounds, we aren't getting to them with any urgency.

and yes, Luongo simply has to be the best goalie on the ice.