• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Judge suggests to Terrell Owens that his NFL career is over

Lightyear49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe owens can work the popcorn machine

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still top 3 WR of all time going by stats and production

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've always been a fan of Owens i'd like to see him play again i think him being a drama queen early in his career has hurt him

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been a fan of Owens i'd like to see him play again i think him being a drama queen early in his career has hurt him

it's pretty obvious he has some sort of personality disorder. he's overly emotional and needs to find a way to keep those emotions in check.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would have taken him back on this team, with no guarantees of playing time.

Go with Crabtree and Williams as the starters and let T.O. work his way into playing time as the playoffs went on. It would not cost you much, and you could throw in some incentives.

T.O. even at his age still brings more to the table than Swain and Hastings.

I'm also concerned can Crabtree and Williams stay 100% healthly, if they get sidelined during the playoffs we are screwed if we have to start Swain and Hastings. Opposing teams can take away Gore and Vernon and force us to try to beat them with Swain and Hastings.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have taken him back on this team, with no guarantees of playing time.

Go with Crabtree and Williams as the starters and let T.O. work his way into playing time as the playoffs went on. It would not cost you much, and you could throw in some incentives.

T.O. even at his age still brings more to the table than Swain and Hastings.

I'm also concerned can Crabtree and Williams stay 100% healthly, if they get sidelined during the playoffs we are screwed if we have to start Swain and Hastings. Opposing teams can take away Gore and Vernon and force us to try to beat them with Swain and Hastings.

I'm not against T.O., and in fact, he's becoming an underdog, which I generally support. BUT, I sort of disagree here.

If I were to take back T.O., it would have to be for (unofficial - as in, I wouldn't tell him or the media this) quaranteed playing time, so that we could get the benefit and cut him once I knew that playing him that long or in that spot would be bad for the team. What I mean is this - why risk the chemistry/lockerroom/diva issues if we're not quaranteeing playing time with performance? Some people with potential is worth the hassle, but a known risk shouldn't be voluntarily taken when you have little confidence of payoff.

I know, I know, you can't guarantee playing time, which is why I wouldn't sign T.O. but under this hypo that if we did sign him, it would have to have the reward if I was going to accept the risk. I would imagine a T.O. without playing time would be worse in distractions and chemistry, etc. If he can't play because he's still injured this is a moot point. If he's no good, it's a moot point because we wouldn't sign him.

I know my point is not on point with what you were saying so that's why I said I "sort of disagreed". I know you meant without guaranteed playing time because you want him to have incentives to earn it, don't want to disrupt our team, etc. but if that's a concern, maybe we're best without him? Even with all our injuries...

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not against T.O., and in fact, he's becoming an underdog, which I generally support. BUT, I sort of disagree here.

If I were to take back T.O., it would have to be for (unofficial - as in, I wouldn't tell him or the media this) quaranteed playing time, so that we could get the benefit and cut him once I knew that playing him that long or in that spot would be bad for the team. What I mean is this - why risk the chemistry/lockerroom/diva issues if we're not quaranteeing playing time with performance? Some people with potential is worth the hassle, but a known risk shouldn't be voluntarily taken when you have little confidence of payoff.

I know, I know, you can't guarantee playing time, which is why I wouldn't sign T.O. but under this hypo that if we did sign him, it would have to have the reward if I was going to accept the risk. I would imagine a T.O. without playing time would be worse in distractions and chemistry, etc. If he can't play because he's still injured this is a moot point. If he's no good, it's a moot point because we wouldn't sign him.

I know my point is not on point with what you were saying so that's why I said I "sort of disagreed". I know you meant without guaranteed playing time because you want him to have incentives to earn it, don't want to disrupt our team, etc. but if that's a concern, maybe we're best without him? Even with all our injuries...

I think T.O. is so desperate to sign with a team now, because of his child support payments problems too, that he would probably just be happy to sign with the 49ers.

I don't think you would have to guarantee him a starting spot, playing time, etc. He is not in any position to demand anything like that anymore.

Also he'd be basically playing on a week to week paycheck so there's nothing to lose.

Then you would let T.O. work his way into the 3 WR set.

I really see it as a no lose proposition. If he bitches just cut his ass and bring Swain or Hastings back up from the practice squad.

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think T.O. is so desperate to sign with a team now, because of his child support payments problems too, that he would probably just be happy to sign with the 49ers.

I don't think you would have to guarantee him a starting spot, playing time, etc. He is not in any position to demand anything like that anymore.

Also he'd be basically playing on a week to week paycheck so there's nothing to lose.

Then you would let T.O. work his way into the 3 WR set.

I really see it as a no lose proposition. If he bitches just cut his ass and bring Swain or Hastings back up from the practice squad.

200% agree. t.o., even at this age and with all his baggage brings a hell of a lot more to the table than what we have beyond crabtree and williams. i'm sure to invoke the wrath of MW but i have a lot more faith in t.o. than i do ginn. in fact, in the red zone, i would love to have owens running the fade or the shallow cross. he was, far and away, the best receiver in cinci last year and i know his health and conditioning may be an issue, but on a week to week basis, where's the risk?

in years prior, he may have disrupted the locker room. but with the leaders we have on this squad, i can't see him running off at the mouth. mostly because willis would shatter his jaw if its perpetually open. and the conditioning would only be a problem if he's on the field for 30+ plays. i want him in there for 15-20 and i think he can be damn effective as a possession type, red zone target. also, he'd be more motivated than at any point in his career and would be playing on what is basically a contract week. if he has any chance to get a deal for next season, he'd have to perform, shut his trap, and go to work. i don't see how bringing him in and having him compete with ginn, swain, et al would take anything away from this team.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chemistry and not screwing with a good thing I think is part of the reason why the team hasn't looked at TO, but he burnt his bridges and probably couldn't leave in a much worse way.

The coaches and I think all the players from his time here in SF are all gone, but the owners and a good part of the Front Office are the same and at the end of the day they're the ones who bring people in and sign the checks and I think they're the ones who have no interest in TO. TO himself may not bring any drama, but it'll be a circus with him on the team no matter what. If he plays its a big deal, if he's not playing its a big deal. Everything TO does and says will be dissected, every player and coach will have to answer questions about TO every single day.

Personally I wouldn't mind taking a good look at what he could do in a work out, but I can see why the team wouldn't want to bother as well.