• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Johnny Manziel might lose his college eligibility

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news on Johnny Manziel ....Investigation on him taking money for signing autographs and memorabilia right around the time of last years BCS Championship game .

If they take his college eligibility away and they make a decision fast Manziel could be eligible for a supplemental draft in late August. If they wait and take his eligibility away he will have to wait for next years draft.

Look out for Jerry Jones and the Cowboys. I can see Manziel in Dallas and jersey sales explode with Jerry smiling all the way to the bank.

This whole situation should be interesting to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true, I don't feel the least bit bad for him. He seems to be a bit of a dbag.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't he need to be out of school for 3 years? Which would mean he wouldn't be eligible until after this season with him currently being a redshirt sophomore.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he owns the trademark so he can make money off it. NCAA allowed him too.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a stupid reason to blow your eligibility, at least get the type of stuff Reggie Bush did... a couple thousand bucks for autograph signing parties? Dummy.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have got to sit him until this is cleared. This kid is a loose cannon and completely incapable of making mature choices. If he is guilty, and they play him, they'll end up forfeiting all the games they win with Johnny M. as QB.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetically, if he lost his eligibility and was entered into the supplemental draft this year, if Kansas City wanted him but did not want to give their first-round pick, what can they offer, given their conditional with us? I thought that they could give the lesser of the two picks and therefore by default give us the second. However, the third rounder would not get it done maybe. So would they either be stuck giving multiple picks but lower than the second or do they have to operate like they don't have a second or a third? Is it give a first or bust? Why offer a third rounder if that'll just make the media know that they would be trying to replace Smith before the first snap and unlikely to get him? I assume it's confidential but there are always leaks.

On the other hand I don't know if he's a first rounder or lower than the third? I'm not a draft expert.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he enter the SD with only two years in the NCAA? I thought FB players had to have three years.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetically, if he lost his eligibility and was entered into the supplemental draft this year, if Kansas City wanted him but did not want to give their first-round pick, what can they offer, given their conditional with us? I thought that they could give the lesser of the two picks and therefore by default give us the second. However, the third rounder would not get it done maybe. So would they either be stuck giving multiple picks but lower than the second or do they have to operate like they don't have a second or a third? Is it give a first or bust? Why offer a third rounder if that'll just make the media know that they would be trying to replace Smith before the first snap and unlikely to get him? I assume it's confidential but there are always leaks.

On the other hand I don't know if he's a first rounder or lower than the third? I'm not a draft expert.

He can't enter the Supp draft because it already happened. He would have to sit out this year entirely and wait until the draft the coming year.

I also don't believe any team would give anything close to a 1st rounder for him. He is basically Colt McCoy's clone IMO. He also has character concerns and maturity issues. 4th or 5th would be a better guess.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I REALLY like this Phillip Tanner guy for the Cowboys. I love the way he runs!

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who thinks he's a normal 20 year old kid?

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be a normal 20 year old kid, but right now he is also the Heisman winner and face of Aggie football. He is fucking up big time and needs to grow up.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Tanner is looking awesome right now, I'm truly impressed. Granted he isn't playing against the cream of the crop, he showing great vision, explosion, cutting ability, ability to break tackles and patience.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who thinks he's a normal 20 year old kid?

Sure, a lot of 20 year old kids act this way. That doesn't mean I want to spend a high draft pick on them though; also football players have added responsibility of being public figures and have to represent their school and their team.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap, I've been posting stuff in the wrong thread lol

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't enter the Supp draft because it already happened. He would have to sit out this year entirely and wait until the draft the coming year.

I also don't believe any team would give anything close to a 1st rounder for him. He is basically Colt McCoy's clone IMO. He also has character concerns and maturity issues. 4th or 5th would be a better guess.

Thanks for the info. I thought that the supplementary draft already happened and no one was picked, but then when this original post mentioned one at the end of August I thought that maybe there was another one. I did not know enough about the supplementary draft to correct him. I still wonder about the rules in regards to conditional draft picks, but does not apply here now, obviously.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on ESPN that there is a sup draft in late August around the 23rd or 24th. They said Manziel would be eligible if they take away his college eligibility. Is there a sup draft or not in late August? Anyone know? :wtf2: