• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Johnny Knox forced to retire

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so much this^^^

tiny high school, tiny college...drafted late, and some thought that they were reaching still.

The trick punt return against GB that was nullified by a bullshit penalty, is the single greatest play, I have ever seen in football.

[YOUTUBE]WhY1lQT4mgE&mode[/YOUTUBE]

Not very often, you see 10 of 11 players completely fooled.

That was a thing of beauty and I agree - Hester could have been standing on the sideline and still attracted 2 or 3 guys.

As for the penalty it was a good call - Graham (the same guy that raped Crabtree) appears to horse-collar the Packer just as the ball is being kicked around the Bears 40-yard line.

This serves as just another glaring example of why you never listen to the idiots in the booth - Even if they have won 3 SB's.

I left this off my above post - The flag coming down late is the part I don't understand - almost as if the official who saw the hold was waiting to see if he "needed" the flag. Runback? Yep! "Well we'll just see about that!"

Last edited by a moderator:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that,(it's been a while) but it seemed it was ticky tack..gunners jockeying, plus it was right at the point of kicking....I'm not certain how far downfield he was, but it wasn't far.

Plus, I'm a totally biased Bears fan, and I hate seeing a flag thrown for shit that happens every play, on one of the better schematic football plays you'll EVER see. It's like calling a traveling on Jordan, on a dunk from the free throw line to win Game 7.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A play that awesome...Ida picked that fn flag up in a second, especially considering the violation had ABSOLUTELY no affect on the play. The offended still was going after Hester....I totally understand the call...just thinks it's lame.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY person on the field for GB that saw what was happening, was the Punter.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that,(it's been a while) but it seemed it was ticky tack..gunners jockeying, plus it was right at the point of kicking....I'm not certain how far downfield he was, but it wasn't far.

Plus, I'm a totally biased Bears fan, and I hate seeing a flag thrown for shit that happens every play, on one of the better schematic football plays you'll EVER see. It's like calling a traveling on Jordan, on a dunk from the free throw line to win Game 7.

Being bias is fine; we all are bias on some level. I added "the rest" of my post above - but, I gotta say, the integrity of the NFL has suffered irreparable damage after what I witnessed during the Super Bowl and I would feel that way win or lose.

And, when I see that this "very late" flag helped the Packers I find myself leaning toward believing what I added to my above post. That flag should have been at the spot of the foul not ~20 yards later or even much later if he threw it during the run-back.

Total BS!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a thing of beauty and I agree - Hester could have been standing on the sideline and still attracted 2 or 3 guys.

As for the penalty it was a good call - Graham (the same guy that raped Crabtree) appears to horse-collar the Packer just as the ball is being kicked around the Bears 40-yard line.

This serves as just another glaring example of why you never listen to the idiots in the booth - Even if they have won 3 SB's.

I left this off my above post - The flag coming down late is the part I don't understand - almost as if the official who saw the hold was waiting to see if he "needed" the flag. Runback? Yep! "Well we'll just see about that!"

didn't see this^^^ but ya, that made it even more annoying, and is IMO why Aikman was thrown off too. It was BS fo sho

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about him. He was a good player.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A play that awesome...Ida picked that fn flag up in a second, especially considering the violation had ABSOLUTELY no affect on the play. The offended still was going after Hester....I totally understand the call...just thinks it's lame.
Not very often, you see 10 of 11 players completely fooled.

The ONLY person on the field for GB that saw what was happening, was the Punter.

Two things. First, the player that was called for the hold should have known where the ball was kicked and avoided the hold, ESPECIALLY if it had no effect on the play. I mean, the only reason to hold is when you think you are helping and won't get caught. So either he didn't know where the ball was, was fooled, or messed up. In which, I don't feel bad for him, the ST coach has to deal with him for taking this great play out.

It's like a lane violation on the first of two free throws, especially nullifying your desired outcome. Or calling a timeout too late and giving the kicker practice. Ok, not this one, but I like to mention it whenever I can. ;)

Second, the kicking team should know where the punter is planning on kicking the ball. It wasn't a shank, he purposely kicked it to the left. I don't know if he changed his mind, communicated or didn't communicate his intent, but he should have.

But that was a great play.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things. First, the player that was called for the hold should have known where the ball was kicked and avoided the hold, ESPECIALLY if it had no effect on the play. I mean, the only reason to hold is when you think you are helping and won't get caught. So either he didn't know where the ball was, was fooled, or messed up. In which, I don't feel bad for him, the ST coach has to deal with him for taking this great play out.

It's like a lane violation on the first of two free throws, especially nullifying your desired outcome. Or calling a timeout too late and giving the kicker practice. Ok, not this one, but I like to mention it whenever I can. ;)

Second, the kicking team should know where the punter is planning on kicking the ball. It wasn't a shank, he purposely kicked it to the left. I don't know if he changed his mind, communicated or didn't communicate his intent, but he should have.

But that was a great play.

Bears ST Teams coach(at the time, Toub) said they noticed a tendency in the filmroom that they KNEW he was punting it to the left. The Packers knew the call, but because of Hester running over the other way, must've assumed the punter shanked it. It's really just Hester drawing a WHOLE lot of attention, and absolutely brilliant coaching/play-design.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be a bit surprised to see Dave Toub end up as a great Head Coach some day.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember seeing the hit and just hoping he could walk. I'm not surprised he had to call it quits at all. He was a good football player, but some things are bigger than football.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also...Knox is basically at the line of scrimmage when the ball is snapped, and just bolts to that spot on the sideline, barely over-the-shoulder catching it and staying in bounds.

And yes, Corey Graham is an idiot, as he totally did not have to even touch that guy.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears ST Teams coach(at the time, Toub) said they noticed a tendency in the filmroom that they KNEW he was punting it to the left. The Packers knew the call, but because of Hester running over the other way, must've assumed the punter shanked it. It's really just Hester drawing a WHOLE lot of attention, and absolutely brilliant coaching/play-design.

Ok, didn't consider the possibility of a shank the other way. It makes me feel better that there was some logic and not just not knowing the plan.