• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Skelton named starter in Arizona

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, this is for everyone who wanted Kevin Kolb (or McNabb):

Yep yep. I remember Cazic chronies got all over me when I said Kolb wasn't as good as Alex Smith. Guess I'm laughing last.

BTW is that board still going?

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep yep. I remember Cazic chronies got all over me when I said Kolb wasn't as good as Alex Smith. Guess I'm laughing last.

BTW is that board still going?

I used this GIF in the NFC West thread about the same topic, and I think it better conveys our feelings on the matter.

yycsx.gif

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, Young would be the greatest QB of all time if he had Matt Jones as his primary receiver. :heh:

I would argue the Michael Vick experiment was a failure as well despite very short stretches of greatness (which is all you ever got from him).

And you'd have the most prolific offense in the history of the NFL if you added Reggie Bush to the mix.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you'd have the most prolific offense in the history of the NFL if you added Reggie Bush to the mix.

Think about the possibilities. Run a play action and while everyone is watching Bush change directions in mid-air, toss it deep to Jones. :pound:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about the possibilities. Run a play action and while everyone is watching Bush change directions in mid-air, toss it deep to Jones. :pound:

It'd be like that TD pass to Crabtree on the fake FG every play. Man, 49ers games would be so long because the replay official would be constantly buzzing down to review it since the 49ers would HAVE to be cheating to toss TDs to Jones while Bush is doing his mid-air magic.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cardinals just traded their 2nd best CB in AJ Jefferson to the Vikings...

Maybe they aren't trying not to compete for 2nd best record within the division

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals just traded their 2nd best CB in AJ Jefferson to the Vikings...

Maybe they aren't trying not to compete for 2nd best record within the division

Maybe they think if they get rid of all their talent they could draft a QB.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think maybe the Cardinals are regretting letting Matt Leinart go yet? He was no worst than the mess they have right now and would have saved them the Kolb trade. =\ Oh well proof that sometimes change is not always the best option. We stuck with Alex and now we're a Super Bowl favorite while the Cards are looking like a #1 pick possibility.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think maybe the Cardinals are regretting letting Matt Leinart go yet? He was no worst than the mess they have right now and would have saved them the Kolb trade. =\ Oh well proof that sometimes change is not always the best option. We stuck with Alex and now we're a Super Bowl favorite while the Cards are looking like a #1 pick possibility.

ya but lienart was just showing up for the beer money...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell man, I keep thinking about how we as 49ers fans dodged that Leinart bullet. If he didn't stay at USC to avoid being drafted by the 49ers, we might have been stuck with that guy instead of Alex Smith.

Which is saying a lot because obviously the 49ers still screwed up with Smith over Rodgers... so, how much does Leinart suck?

But anywhoozle... at that point, Leinart was getting a TON of hype and he seemed like the obvious choice and all of those "draft experts" had him as #1

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell man, I keep thinking about how we as 49ers fans dodged that Leinart bullet. If he didn't stay at USC to avoid being drafted by the 49ers, we might have been stuck with that guy instead of Alex Smith.

Which is saying a lot because obviously the 49ers still screwed up with Smith over Rodgers... so, how much does Leinart suck?

But anywhoozle... at that point, Leinart was getting a TON of hype and he seemed like the obvious choice and all of those "draft experts" had him as #1

Obviously, Rodgers > Smith and would probably be so even if he came to our poor team in 2005. (Sounds obvious and not very debatable, but I've heard the opposite claim.) Either way, in 2012, he'd likely be roughly where he is now (just a guess). (We had oline problems, but the rate at which Rodgers absorbed them in GB early would have scared him if he were susceptible.) But if it makes you feel any better, for the first few Smith years, we weren't missing out on Rodgers in his current form or the Rodgers of the last four years. He'd likely eventually have gotten there over the course of 7 years, but his success and numbers would overall be much lower, imo. (By 2012, you could expect about the same as now) Just trying to save some holes in your wall. ;)

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo rodgers would be out of the league with concussion problems if we drafted him

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, who are the Cardinals drafting in the first in 2013? Barkley? Jones? Wilson? Thomas? Bray?