• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Ross

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will he be this year. He was leading the league un yards last year before he got hurt. I see him finally having a good year with burrows

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you consider a 'good' season? I see him as the potential 4th offensive weapon (I'm including Mixon when I say 'offensive weapon') for the Bengals, with a chance to move down the pecking order depending on how Tee Higgins plays out.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he sucks Foot. Dude caught a few DB's napping in week one, and got one lucky pass week 2..and thats all he did, all year long. between Green, Boyd, and Mixon, and a rookie QB with whatever shit show off season we're gonna end up having, thats an awful lot against an at best #3 option in an offense, in a defense dominated division. And I ain't even touched on the likelihood that Tee Higgins eventually takes his spot.

Edit- don't forget, they declined his option for next year too. Not exactly an endorsement of what they think of him either

Last edited:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is there big play guy. So he will get a few targets every game.

just like all players of that type, they won’t get many receptions and they will be inconsistent week to week.

with that said, the bengals will be playing a lot of games from behind. So....

I’d rank him in the 55-70 range on top wrs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he sucks Foot. Dude caught a few DB's napping in week one, and got one lucky pass week 2..and thats all he did, all year long. between Green, Boyd, and Mixon, and a rookie QB with whatever shit show off season we're gonna end up having, thats an awful lot against an at best #3 option in an offense, in a defense dominated division. And I ain't even touched on the likelihood that Tee Higgins eventually takes his spot.

Edit- don't forget, they declined his option for next year too. Not exactly an endorsement of what they think of him either

Exactly.

Burrow is going to be good, but most rookie QBs struggle in year 1. Ross is an all or nothing HR threat, and not a particularly good one. He will have a handful of big fantasy weeks, mixed in with many more duds. Not a guy worth owning aside from an occasional spot start.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thoughts...

Offense... Everything hinges on Joe Burrow and how he transitions to the NFL. The offense is loaded with big play types and Burrow has a big arm. My guess is if he cracks the top 3 depth chart he has a decent year, but is largely overshadowed by AJ Green & Tyler Boyd. Boyd operates primarily from the slot but does rotate outside & Green will obviously be outside. In 3-wide sets it will either be Ross or Higgins. Ross is somewhat of a 1-trick pony, but any time they use him it will most likely be to try & take advantage of his speed to stretch the field.

Tough division... The AFCN boasts some of the best secondaries in the NFL and have only gotten stronger on paper this offseason. Steelers were ranked #3 in passing yds allowed per game in 2019, Ravens were #6, and the Browns were #7. All top 7 passing defenses, and being divisional the Bengals will play roughly 40% (6/16) of their season against top 5-10 passing defenses. I know a lot changes from year to year, but that's a tough stat to stomach when looking at ANY AFCN WR, let alone a fringe WR3/WR4 type player. Joe Burrow is going to need to be some sort of transcendent type talent if he's going to thrive in his rookie season. I think Burrow will be good, just not right out the gate like most think. But they could be sneaky players for garbage time stats.

Contract year... Bengals declined Ross' 5th year option. Typically this lights a fire underneath someone's ass, but the Bengals have drafted to ensure that there is no loss within the WR corps. My guess is they will do everything they can to get Tee Higgins involved early which means less looks for Ross.

My take... I'd pass. Not seeing a whole lot to like about Ross this year outside of the occasional long ball TD. He'll be a tough player to predict this year and I don't think he'll be a reliable option. I think it would take an injury to Green or Boyd before Ross would see any sort of consistent targetting.

Last edited:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he worth a roster spot. He is currently on our waivers as someone dropped him to make room for a trade a they did

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he worth a roster spot. He is currently on our waivers as someone dropped him to make room for a trade a they did

depends who you would drop... But chances are NOT.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume this is Dynasty... Post your current WR depth so we can make a better recommendation

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, dependant on the cost. Ross is likely a better use of a roster spot, than say, a third TE, or a 3rd or 4th QB (depending on scoring/format, the third QB may be better). But if youre dumping a WR/RB for him, the dude better be a flat out scrub or its a lateral move at best

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i see a lot of catch up football in Cincy so when the inevitable happens and Green goes down i think Ross will do alright as Boyd and Higgins will help swallow coverage

but do ya want to bank on that ineveitable injury i do not think so

and ya who ya dropping....

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i see a lot of catch up football in Cincy so when the inevitable happens and Green goes down i think Ross will do alright as Boyd and Higgins will help swallow coverage

but do ya want to bank on that ineveitable injury i do not think so

and ya who ya dropping....
No drop needed I have to add a guy

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's fast so right up your alley. .... so go for it.