• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Madden Has Died At Age 85

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18 in 2003? Your mom isn't from Spokane is she?

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I wasn't expecting this news this morning and then....BAM! it hit me out of the blue.

Sad day for sure. Madden was great. Such a great dude and an interesting character. RIP.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have many memories of John.
I remember his anger at the refs with the "Immaculate Reception"
I remember the great win the Raiders finally had over the Steelers.
I remember his win in the Super Bowl.
He was the youngest coach hired at that time.
And he retired after winning the Super Bowl.

With me, being a DALLAS COWBOY fan, the 90's COWBOYS were on the CBS 3:30 game a lot.
That meant it was a Madden and Summerall broadcast. So I saw many Maddenisms. Very , very funny.
The telestrator was never meant for Maddenisms, but John was fantastic with it.
John loved the Olinemen. Big ol Nate Newton.....

His love for the game and life came through the TV screen.

I played the first Madden video game. great fun. I still have the Madden series.
I remember John's fear of flying.......so there was the Madden Cruiser.
And there were the All Madden teams.

So here's to the Hall of Fame human being.

"Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon."

May God Bless John Madden

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP to a great....

...BUT....

I hated him as an announcer. I have never understood why so many people loved him as one. And the whole not take a plane....grow a pair already. I think people forget how annoying he could be at times. Just think of all the crap people used to give him when he called a Favre game and how many times he was going to say "just enjoys playing the game".

But was a fan of his video game obviously. Hated the teams he coached but respected him as a HOF coach. And always did have an affinity for him simply because he was born in the same city that my pops was born in. And most of all you could always tell he loved football and likely was just an all around great guy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at these morons

WTF? This makes no sense. Why have an issue with Madden? Shouldn't the issue be with the NFL since they were the ones that ignored brain injuries for decades?

If someone wants have an issue with videogames what about all the first shooter games out there? With that kinda dumbass logic that the Madden game has something to do with brain injuries does that mean first person shooter games are responsible for mass murders in the country?

And Dr. McG's comment. Someone shove a stethoscope in his mouth to shut him up. Or super glue his fingers together so he can't post on the social medias. Whatever works better.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I play in a $100 buy in fantasy hockey league.

I can't find someone to compare him too with Hockey...
Wayne Gretzky?

Kidding of course

RIP

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? This makes no sense. Why have an issue with Madden? Shouldn't the issue be with the NFL since they were the ones that ignored brain injuries for decades?

If someone wants have an issue with videogames what about all the first shooter games out there? With that kinda dumbass logic that the Madden game has something to do with brain injuries does that mean first person shooter games are responsible for mass murders in the country?

And Dr. McG's comment. Someone shove a stethoscope in his mouth to shut him up. Or super glue his fingers together so he can't post on the social medias. Whatever works better.

To dipshits like that, any attention is good...and of course with that tweet he got plenty of it... To me it's just more reason to stay off social media...it's a cesspool of attention hounds that will go to ridiculous lengths to get clicks...waste of time and energy if you ask me

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To dipshits like that, any attention is good...and of course with that tweet he got plenty of it... To me it's just more reason to stay off social media...it's a cesspool of attention hounds that will go to ridiculous lengths to get clicks...waste of time and energy if you ask me
I just mute or block them. They don’t deserve attention nor do they deserve responses. They deserve to be ignored. They are the minority.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just mute or block them. They don’t deserve attention nor do they deserve responses. They deserve to be ignored. They are the minority.

I don't go on twitter or instagram or any of that crap...why bother

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't go on twitter or instagram or any of that crap...why bother
Because there are plenty of good folks who share my interests in sports (Twitter) and family on Instagram. It’s easy to block douchebags on both. No different than here.