• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Madden Has Died At Age 85

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Michaels is my fave currently.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree there was a Little bias sometimes with Color guys.

If you want to learn how to do this. Watch games he covered.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legendary coach, commentator and video game producer.

Hard to imagine many people who have contributed more to the league than him.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a line I'll never forget when Madden was pictured after his super bowl win and the broadcaster said " Madden looks like a slit watermelon " when seeing Madden smile

some of the best years of watching football came with him and Pat, sad very sad.

PackJason.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually don't give a shit about celebrity deaths, but this one actually get to me. Even though I've never met him, he was a huge part of my childhood

Mine too. This one stings more than most.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear, I couldn't sleep last night and I wound up watching a documentary on him that I stumbled across on YouTube.

Weird how that works sometime.

I remember thinking a little ways back when he turned 80 - that his passing would be a very big one. He's a fucking legend man. One of the most important figures in the history of football AND he revolutionized sports video games. He deserves all of the praise he will get over this next week.

The quote in the tweet is not hyperbole. Growing up as a 90's/00's kid - that man WAS football. From the video game I loved to play - to listening to him and Summerall on FOX on Sundays. Then, listening to him and Michaels on ABC Monday Night Football. He was larger than life.

He lived a helluva great life. It sounds his family/personal life was up to par with his professional success as well.

PackJason.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear, I couldn't sleep last night and I wound up watching a documentary on him that I stumbled across on YouTube.

Weird how that works sometime.

I remember thinking a little ways back when he turned 80 - that his passing would be a very big one. He's a fucking legend man. One of the most important figures in the history of football AND he revolutionized sports video games. He deserves all of the praise he will get over this next week.

The quote in the tweet is not hyperbole. Growing up as a 90's/00's kid - that man WAS football. From the video game I loved to play - to listening to him and Summerall on FOX on Sundays. Then, listening to him and Michaels on ABC Monday Night Football. He was larger than life.

He lived a helluva great life. It sounds his family/personal life was up to par with his professional success as well.

That documentary was great.

I started watching football in the late '80s and him and Summerall were the voices of Sunday. I didn't do the church thing, John and Pat took me there.