• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Elway great search for the next John Elway

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fangio thinks the players don't fit I am fine with a fire sale.

But people act like fire sales will instantly fix all problems in a year. You let go of all our best players this year you had better expect 2-3 years .

The 49ers are at year 3 with Shanahan.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are installing the third blocking Scheme for the OL in 3 in 4 years.

We are in our 4 or 5th O Scheme on O.

We are on our 3rd D since the SB This team needs Zero change for a couple of years other than ST Coach might be a need.

We have become the Cleveland browns. Change over and over starts to get silly.

pick a lane.

You either trust Elway to fix it or not but what you just laid out is all Elway
Yet you continue to say Elway is allowed to make mistakes

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway is like most GMs. He has holes in his team and he tries his best to fill them. That's not bad, it's just extremely difficult to do it and not make mistrakes. Often those mistakes are bringing in vets who don't have the juice they had that made them originally.

Trying to rebuild either the offense or the defense is slow and fans just don't want to see it.

The one thing that Elway has done that drives people crazy is that he'll reach when trying to get a QB and it continually has backfired. It paid off once.........Manning.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pick a lane.

You either trust Elway to fix it or not but what you just laid out is all Elway
Yet you continue to say Elway is allowed to make mistakes

Do you always get everything right?

He is human.

I see a really great Staff That is also Elway.

We need time by the end of the season they will figure out what 99% of what is needed. We have seen two games were they played reasonably good.

We had one blow out It is not like we suck that bad yet.

This Team should be running the Football with the best of them. I am not sure why We are faltering like this?

I Get it CEH this Crap does suck but you need to be realistic And let this staff fix the problems. Canning everyone every year is not the answer.

Fangio IMO is pretty much a straight shooter. He still believes in this team.

I think he is a fault for the KC loss he was not ready for the blitz I did not watch the second half So I did not watch the adjustments.

7 step drops with 11 players crowding the line of scrimmage is not on OL.

KC sold out to win that game we should of made them pay.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway is like most GMs. He has holes in his team and he tries his best to fill them. That's not bad, it's just extremely difficult to do it and not make mistrakes. Often those mistakes are bringing in vets who don't have the juice they had that made them originally.

Trying to rebuild either the offense or the defense is slow and fans just don't want to see it.

The one thing that Elway has done that drives people crazy is that he'll reach when trying to get a QB and it continually has backfired. It paid off once.........Manning.

Hard to prove to fans you're rebuilding when you are grabbing a new QB every year and not fixing the biggest problems around the teams. OL...

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the list of first round picks in the Elway era.

2011 - Von Miller
2012 - no pick - (traded out of round one)
2013 - Sylvester Williams
2014 - Bradley Roby
2015 - Shane Ray
2016 - Paxton Lynch (traded 3rd rounder to move up)
2017 Garrett Bolles
2018 - Bradley Chubb
2019 - Noah Fant

looks to me like one hit (Von) one possible hit (Chubb) and one unknown (Fant). Yes, there have been some that have stuck in later rounds, but the price paid for misses in rounds 1 and 2 is high as you then have to pay a premium for Free Agents which destroys salary cap flexibility.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the list of first round picks in the Elway era.

2011 - Von Miller
2012 - no pick - (traded out of round one)
2013 - Sylvester Williams
2014 - Bradley Roby
2015 - Shane Ray
2016 - Paxton Lynch (traded 3rd rounder to move up)
2017 Garrett Bolles
2018 - Bradley Chubb
2019 - Noah Fant

looks to me like one hit (Von) one possible hit (Chubb) and one unknown (Fant). Yes, there have been some that have stuck in later rounds, but the price paid for misses in rounds 1 and 2 is high as you then have to pay a premium for Free Agents which destroys salary cap flexibility.

I think Wolf was basically our 2012 first-round pick