• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Elway great search for the next John Elway

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on hindsight - this Bronco's team took a wrong turn when they didn't hire Kyle Shanahan.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking about another Elway as QB or another Elway as GM?

as a winner in general.

He has been magic . What he has touched seems to have come back in it over and over . He won the SB of arena League in like year 2 of him owning the Crush yet we see over and ove people talking shit about how Elway sucks as a GM.

He is not perfect . I do not claim that but he does have a clue .

He makes very Few veto Draft picks . He lets the staff have 90% of all the draft picks as IMO he should .

He hires coaches and lets them talk and have say . Well some broncos fans want to say that is wrong. I say they are full of beans.

I never seen a Broncos Coach say Elway did not produces what they wanted in players.

People talk shit but it is just that . Elway is not perfect he gives staff he hired the players that fits their scheme. When Manning lost the SB he built a D of the ages and SB50 was ours. Life is not perfect people should not throw stones because god will judge as well them as they judged others.

I get it NE has had a run that time will soon pass. I see this year as the end one way our another

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, he's looking for another incredibly overrated quarterback? :noidea:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on hindsight - this Bronco's team took a wrong turn when they didn't hire Kyle Shanahan.

The Deal is I Am sure Elway loved Kyle.

I myself get that he did not want to fire a kid he probably admired,if it came to that.So decided It was not going to happen because of that.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, he's looking for another incredibly overrated quarterback? :noidea:

He has been a part of a lot of Crazy wins Call it what you like . It has never been boring when Mister Elway has been around .Magic seems to follow him.I have never seen him panic.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway should have produced the next Elway the old fashioned way, but that only led to Osweiler.

It is not like he did not give his best jack wad?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway’s greatest struggle is to find a QB. Many GMs across the league have that same struggle.

If you think about Elway he spent most of his life trying to figure out defenses so it is reasonable that he could find defensive players easier the offensive players. I have hope for Lock but he has a lot of work to do to be the QB that meets expectations in Denver as the standard has been set high.
agreed but he listens to staff he Drafted some QBs I am sure that failed that was his only mindsets and failed but to say all the QB's were his is silly.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love hindsight Bs....

How many #1 round QB's Drafted make it be honest!

Hell, how many QBs since Elway Retired won an SB other than Brady stop acting like HOF QB's drop out of the sky.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People said the colts were so damn lucky to have Luck .....Manning

Look at the Chargers and Rivers .. I see Brees

Hind site so good luck with that crap.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love hindsight Bs....

How many #1 round QB's Drafted make it be honest!

Hell, how many QBs since Elway Retired won an SB other than Brady stop acting like HOF QB's drop out of the sky.
A shit load.

Five have won a SB after being selected in the first round after JE retired. Two Mannings, one Brees, a Roethlisberger and a Rodgers.

10, I believe. Including Joe Flacco.

Also somewhat certain there have only been Four SBs since John retired without Brady or a First round QB starting. One of those is on account of Wentz being brittle.

Zero SBs in the 90's without a first round QB starting. Same for the 80's.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a winner in general.

He has been magic . What he has touched seems to have come back in it over and over . He won the SB of arena League in like year 2 of him owning the Crush yet we see over and ove people talking shit about how Elway sucks as a GM.

He is not perfect . I do not claim that but he does have a clue .

He makes very Few veto Draft picks . He lets the staff have 90% of all the draft picks as IMO he should .

He hires coaches and lets them talk and have say . Well some broncos fans want to say that is wrong. I say they are full of beans.

I never seen a Broncos Coach say Elway did not produces what they wanted in players.

People talk shit but it is just that . Elway is not perfect he gives staff he hired the players that fits their scheme. When Manning lost the SB he built a D of the ages and SB50 was ours. Life is not perfect people should not throw stones because god will judge as well them as they judged others.

I get it NE has had a run that time will soon pass. I see this year as the end one way our another

Not breaking your balls dude. Just not sold on Elway as GM.
In a way he is like Flacco. Found his way to a SB win and has been losing ground since.
Has nothing to do with the run of the Pats. Just an observation by a fellow fan with a different opinion.
If Elway did not have a SB win as a coach and player, Bronco fans would be hunting him for bounty

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not breaking your balls dude. Just not sold on Elway as GM.
In a way he is like Flacco. Found his way to a SB win and has been losing ground since.
Has nothing to do with the run of the Pats. Just an observation by a fellow fan with a different opinion.
If Elway did not have a SB win as a coach and player, Bronco fans would be hunting him for bounty

I was not mad I enjoy NE fans most of you are great posters and good people in General.

Same here just answering.

Elway Built odd at times. I agree he is human.

I am fine with his not in a Hurry approach this year. This team at this point is in a System overload. We never Addressed MLB'er in the Draft.

I am Sure Elway has to know at this point whether certain players fit or not.

We as a team have to be long term somewhat and lighten up. We may suck like 49ers did the first 3 years like with Shanahan.

I like Fangio He just might be decent time will tell.

I don't want change because of where we are we had IMO decent drafts the last two years.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here’s two more basically binary decisions that did not work out and could have changed the fortunes of the team

Bolles and Lynch vs ramcheck and dak. There was a reason Kubiak did not like Lynch he wanted Dak and gave Elway a what’s up in the last game of 2016 when he played Siemian the whole game.

Some would argue coach and QB are the two choices you need to get right
With LT right behind QB.

All the other hit or misses do not have as a dramatic impact .

see SF 2017 first round picks if you can find them.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest two issues with Elway are:

- The way he negotiates contracts, not that I disagree with type of contracts he negotiates, but more that he alienated agents and players in the process.

- His tendency to reach with draft selections and his draft trading. His last two drafts have been better, but it is going to take time to repair the damage of the previous poor drafts.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 32 teams are always looking for their next "John Elway". It ain't easy. Having said that, the Broncos have struck out again and again in the last several years. I'm anxious to see what Drew Lock is. We need to know if we're in the market for another QB in 2020. I hate sticking him behind that O-line but the Broncos don't have a choice IMO. Hopefully a QB that can scramble a bit can have better fortunes.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the bad Drafting people state all is on Elway . He also listens to staff

Gotsis Our DL coach wanted.

I think the QB's this year were Staff wanted players.

So not all is one way or another.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are installing the third blocking Scheme for the OL in 3 in 4 years.

We are in our 4 or 5th O Scheme on O.

We are on our 3rd D since the SB This team needs Zero change for a couple of years other than ST Coach might be a need.

We have become the Cleveland browns. Change over and over starts to get silly.