• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Collins - Busted PEDS

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I have always been incredibly careful about what I put in my body, but I took a supplement, which, unbeknownst to me, had been contaminated with an illegal component. I plan to appeal my suspension in arbitration so I can get back on the court as soon as possible and continue to contribute to our 2019-20 campaign."

How many times do these athletes get to claim dumb? If you're taking a supplement, check it out first. This supplement likely wasn't "contaminated" by an illegal component, it was part of the recipe (unless he's buying bathtub supplements, lol).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I have always been incredibly careful about what I put in my body, but I took a supplement, which, unbeknownst to me, had been contaminated with an illegal component. I plan to appeal my suspension in arbitration so I can get back on the court as soon as possible and continue to contribute to our 2019-20 campaign."

How many times do these athletes get to claim dumb? If you're taking a supplement, check it out first. This supplement likely wasn't "contaminated" by an illegal component, it was part of the recipe (unless he's buying bathtub supplements, lol).

Exactly. The first couple of guys that got popped for PED's by accidentally taking something that weren't supposed to could be understood.

But at this point, if you're not going to your team, or even the league and asking if a supplement you want to take is okay...you have no one to blame but yourself.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it was an obscure component, perhaps it is believable.

But Peptide-2 growth hormone?

However it was described on the supplement, a professional athlete has to know if there are any kinds of growth hormones in their supplements. At the very least, the team medical staff should know what each player is putting into their body.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard about this. To bad as he's a good talent. Still you're an adult, you have to be responsible for all that you do. Hope this a 1 time thing for Collins.