• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Clayton --douchebag

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And he used to be one of the better writers at ESPN when it comes to the details. Lately it seems like he's gone through a divorce and serious mental breakdown, because his analysis has been poor, and even his writing hasn't been as dynamic.

Good call on "his analysis is worse than Skip Bayless," a member of the media who I just can't listen to anymore. His opinions are badly off the mark, and his arrogance is a complete turn off. Even if what he had to say was relevant, and it never (not rarely; never) is, the way he goes about conveying his point of view is irritating to say the least.

He seems to be channeling Peter King...change of the guard on which writer to beat down the 49ers? Either that or he's getting sweet on King and that's why his wife left him...

:hdn:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok i just watched skip bayless talking about mayweather and how a boxer using steroids is fine and is not cheating.

so clayton is not the biggest idiot of sports talk anymore. it's all up from here for clayton!

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know of course that there are about a 100 different opinions on a team's draft. Chris Burke I think of SI gave the 49ers a bad grade. I guess what offends me about Clayton is that he is based here in Seattle, he should know the NFC West better than that, and he has said other dumb stuff about the 49ers too.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know of course that there are about a 100 different opinions on a team's draft. Chris Burke I think of SI gave the 49ers a bad grade. I guess what offends me about Clayton is that he is based here in Seattle, he should know the NFC West better than that, and he has said other dumb stuff about the 49ers too.

i dunno???

i read (almost every day) more NFC West items here, but doesn't mean i know DETAILS on Seattle, St Louis, and Arizona?

in his case, he has to cover all 32 NFL teams right? if so, he has to place equal effort in all 32 of them, he can't afford to focus on the NFC West. if i had his job, i'd go 'equal' .........except for SF. :-)

living in Seattle might give him more insight on Seattle, but why would it give him more details on SF, St. Louis, and Arizona?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This was the epitome of a draft hack piece, so shallow and simplistic. Its one thing to try to analyze a draft right after it happens.....but its a whole other level of idiocy to judge it on a short-term basis.

Its hard to believe a guy like this stays employed.....there are 1000 talented, highly-motivated football writers on the web. People who would probably work twice as hard as Clayton for half the price. Shows how important name recognition - basically Clayton's only advantage at this point - is to an operation like ESPN.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This was the epitome of a draft hack piece, so shallow and simplistic. Its one thing to try to analyze a draft right after it happens.....but its a whole other level of idiocy to judge it on a short-term basis.

Its hard to believe a guy like this stays employed.....there are 1000 talented, highly-motivated football writers on the web. People who would probably work twice as hard as Clayton for half the price. Shows how important name recognition - basically Clayton's only advantage at this point - is to an operation like ESPN.

he stays employed because we fans require it. we need them to justify our own opinions, and mostly have someone to blame/curse.

what if all media ONLY reported facts? what if there were NO opinions from talking heads or writers?

retech

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he used to be one of the better writers at ESPN when it comes to the details. Lately it seems like he's gone through a divorce and serious mental breakdown, because his analysis has been poor, and even his writing hasn't been as dynamic.

Good call on "his analysis is worse than Skip Bayless," a member of the media who I just can't listen to anymore. His opinions are badly off the mark, and his arrogance is a complete turn off. Even if what he had to say was relevant, and it never (not rarely; never) is, the way he goes about conveying his point of view is irritating to say the least.
Skip Bayless is horrible; what a pompous ass. He reminds me of the scene in 'Planes, Trains, and Automobiles' where Steve Martin goes off on John Candy:

It's like going on a date with a Chatty Cathy doll. I expect you have a little string on your chest, you know, that I pull out and have to snap back. Except I wouldn't pull it out and snap it back - you would. Agh! Agh! Agh! Agh! And by the way, you know, when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the listener!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I can't believe how unprofessional Skip was he was in this interview w/ Suggs. Not that Suggs is any better, but he's a football player; they're not paid to talk.

[YOUTUBE]OGR-2S2vvNo&feature=endscreen&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he stays employed because we fans require it. we need them to justify our own opinions, and mostly have someone to blame/curse.

what if all media ONLY reported facts? what if there were NO opinions from talking heads or writers?

there's opinions and then there's guys like clayton and skip bayless. those two guys alone make tivo worth it.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe how unprofessional Skip was he was in this interview w/ Suggs. Not that Suggs is any better, but he's a football player; they're not paid to talk.

[YOUTUBE]OGR-2S2vvNo&feature=endscreen&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

I never saw this, that was hilarious. I wish they had done that with the two of em in the same room. Would have been like when Rome got knocked over on the set!