• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Clayton --douchebag

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I read this guy, or listen to him on the radio, he's either equating Alex Smith to Tavaris Jackson or publishing the below piece of shit.

2012 NFL draft: The Green Bay Packers surprised with trades on Day 2 - ESPN

I mean, who can judge a draft, but I understand the 49ers wanted speed on offense after this last year and they got it, who knows whether the picks will pan out, but Clayton doesn't even seem to understand that.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
skip bayless gives better analysis than clayton. which basically sums it up.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
its human nature to want validation, we seek it soon after we made each pick. the grades we get are similar to the mocks prior, its anyone's opinion?

yes, no one really knows how each team did on 'field production'. but scribes need to write about the draft cause its their jobs. IMO don't take bad grades too seriously, nor good grades to heart.

national scribes like Clayton can't focus on all 32 teams, its a given he'll miss details.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its human nature to want validation, we seek it soon after we made each pick. the grades we get are similar to the mocks prior, its anyone's opinion?

yes, no one really knows how each team did on 'field production'. but scribes need to write about the draft cause its their jobs. IMO don't take bad grades too seriously, nor good grades to heart.

national scribes like Clayton can't focus on all 32 teams, its a given he'll miss details.

lol, exactly.

If it makes you feel better, read some grades on prior drafts and how they panned out.

Niners had good grades from their 2008 draft, kentwan balmer and chilo rachal...good value, my azz lol

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ESPN gave us a C for last year. I'd say after 1 year it looks to be an A+ though.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it definitely doesnt matter just now what anyone grades our draft. I think that we got the guys that the coaching staff wanted and that is good enough for me....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah it definitely doesnt matter just now what anyone grades our draft. I think that we got the guys that the coaching staff wanted and that is good enough for me....

yep, each team has a little different view because of their schemes. we wanted these guys for what WE intend to do. national scribes look at it in general, and is why name recognition is bigger for them.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, each team has a little different view because of their schemes. we wanted these guys for what WE intend to do. national scribes look at it in general, and is why name recognition is bigger for them.

Indeed. I trust Harbaugh and Baalke I think they did a tremendous job last year, and I think Baalke is going to make the 49ers a dynasty again by building through the draft.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he gets paid to know the details...

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he used to be one of the better writers at ESPN when it comes to the details. Lately it seems like he's gone through a divorce and serious mental breakdown, because his analysis has been poor, and even his writing hasn't been as dynamic.

Good call on "his analysis is worse than Skip Bayless," a member of the media who I just can't listen to anymore. His opinions are badly off the mark, and his arrogance is a complete turn off. Even if what he had to say was relevant, and it never (not rarely; never) is, the way he goes about conveying his point of view is irritating to say the least.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ESPN gave us a C for last year. I'd say after 1 year it looks to be an A+ though.

I think this year will be an A+ when it's all said and done (2-3 years) but this year it won't appear so like it did last year. I've read reports saying that Jenkins is a future pick, meaning that he's going to be competing for the starting job and developed, moreso than a sure-fire starter is developed. That might be "I didn't see this coming so therefore it's a bad pick" type of reporting, but if true, there's no way these same people will then see it as an A+ until the full period of evaluation has passed. By then, they will have moved onto the 2014 questionable pick.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this year will be an A+ when it's all said and done (2-3 years) but this year it won't appear so like it did last year. I've read reports saying that Jenkins is a future pick, meaning that he's going to be competing for the starting job and developed, moreso than a sure-fire starter is developed. That might be "I didn't see this coming so therefore it's a bad pick" type of reporting, but if true, there's no way these same people will then see it as an A+ until the full period of evaluation has passed. By then, they will have moved onto the 2014 questionable pick.

I did not understand the Jenkins pick at all, but when we took James in the second it was clear what draft/team strategy Baalke was incorporating. I agree with your future grade of this draft, but I think Jenkins will be heard from this season.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am super excited to see how Harbaugh/Roman/Chryst use these selections to be creative in the Offense. LMJ/Hunter will be a 49ers backfield of the future

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not understand the Jenkins pick at all, but when we took James in the second it was clear what draft/team strategy Baalke was incorporating. I agree with your future grade of this draft, but I think Jenkins will be heard from this season.

Me too. I think he will and I hope he will. On one side, if he disappoints but still plays, it means the other options (Crab, Moss, or Manningham) didn't work out, and Jenkins gets some valuable experience. Or on the other side, if he plays, it means that he's developed so quickly, have a good scheme for him, or performed so well that even with the other picks he's excelled. My guess, for him individually, is that it'll be somewhere in the middle - he adds something, but we won't all see it this year.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am super excited to see how Harbaugh/Roman/Chryst use these selections to be creative in the Offense. LMJ/Hunter will be a 49ers backfield of the future

I had this very thought just last night. But, by the past I have been conditioned to reject such a thought as neither are what I would consider to be prototypical "between-the-tackles" RB's.

But after reviewing extensively the reels of both backs, I think you just might be right. With both backs on the field do the LB's pinch toward the tackles? Do the safeties creep toward the box?

You're point about how the staff uses these playmakers is key. Each back brings much more versatility than vulnerability and I see the staff maximizing one while minimizing the other to the great frustration of many front 7's or 8's.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

a few can't even keep up with details for one team?

most can't keep up with the NFC West even if we wanted to?

how can he know all the details for 32 NFL teams?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. I think he will and I hope he will. On one side, if he disappoints but still plays, it means the other options (Crab, Moss, or Manningham) didn't work out, and Jenkins gets some valuable experience. Or on the other side, if he plays, it means that he's developed so quickly, have a good scheme for him, or performed so well that even with the other picks he's excelled. My guess, for him individually, is that it'll be somewhere in the middle - he adds something, but we won't all see it this year.

Absolutely! What's interesting, at least IMO, is how "open" the competition is for all WR spots. The point here is simply that Jenkins is not coming in behind Rice, Taylor, Clark, etc. with little chance of making the rotation. He, again IMO, has a true equal opportunity to make the rotation at any spot.

Moss is the only WR we have that is even remotely close to an intimidating presence, everyone else are just typical run-of-the-mill #2/#3 WR's. It is from this bunch that the cream will rise and our future #1 and #2 WR's will emerge to work alongside of Moss and eventually replace him after this season (or even before as Deep noted).

If Jenkins brings the game, the attitude and the work ethic we drafted him for to camp, then along with the guidance of our staff I see nothing but great things from this kid - and probably sooner rather than later.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a few can't even keep up with details for one team?

most can't keep up with the NFC West even if we wanted to?

how can he know all the details for 32 NFL teams?

well mcdonalds is hiring