• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joel Bitonio, OT/G/C, Nevada

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moses is going to be gone by 34. Kojo should be there and should be the pick. We can get a big wr like Coleman from Rutgers in the 4th round if you want a big WR.

Moses, Bitonio, and Kojo should be the targets at 34.

Its not just about a big WR. Its about a big WR who can be reasonably expected to contribute. If Benjamin or Robinson are there, they should at least be considered as both would be considered possible starters on probably half the teams out there right now. If all it was about is getting a big WR, we could sit back and grab Deon Miller in the 7th.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there not starters on our team. How can they contribute this year or next? Only if an injury happens. If we take WR at 34 I would be shocked.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there not starters on our team. How can they contribute this year or next? Only if an injury happens. If we take WR at 34 I would be shocked.

i wouldnt expect our 2nd rounder to be a day one starter . i would love it but i dont expect it . perhaps by mid season or the following year

and who knows what happens next year ? maybe roberts busts out who knows , maybe hank is done ? perhaps robinson gets hurt ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how will a 4th WR be an impact if everyone stays healthy?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he beats out roberts would be one way . maybe they use a benjamin type to fill the 2nd TE role in the 2 TE offense instead of paulson .

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Simple. Where did our Offense bog down last year?? In the redzone. Why?? Because we had no height or mismatches in the redzone once Reed got injured. And even when he was healthy, how many three tries and a fieldgoal did we have?? If you dont think a 6'3" to 6'5" WR who can produce in the redzone would be productive in our offense... I cant help you. Because the point is, a guy like that would be more productive than just taking an OT because we HOPE he would be an upgrade to what we already have on roster.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are going to draft a red zone target why just draft a TE like Amaro?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark you gave the prefect reasoning on why we should draft Amaro at 34. If Reed goes down we have another redzone target. Paulsen could not handle this last year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Reed is only 6'2 and we was good in the redzone. Height doenst always solve everything.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark you gave the prefect reasoning on why we should draft Amaro at 34. If Reed goes down we have another redzone target. Paulsen could not handle this last year.

Because why draft a TE without blocking skills. grab the WR who is not only a Redzone threat, but also a mismatch all over the field. And sure i could see Amaro. I would take him over a reach OT. And yes I think any OT we take in the second is a slight reach because of the shear desperation I hear from every one as to how we need another OT. You dont draft for position, which is exactly what taking an OT at all costs is doing. I also think we need a WR with some size more than a second pass catching TE.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is any OT a reach in the 2nd round? Moses, Bitino, and kojo are reaches? You just got proved wrong by Mcshays mock draft. All are value at 34. Forget blocking skills. Amaro will cause just as much mismatches as Benjamin and he can catch the ball. IF Reed goes down, what happens? That is why Amaro is a better pick than Benjamin. If Garcon or Jackson go down we still have Roberts to pick up the slack. At TE we have no one.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is any OT a reach in the 2nd round? Moses, Bitino, and kojo are reaches? You just got proved wrong by Mcshays mock draft. All are value at 34. Forget blocking skills. Amaro will cause just as much mismatches as Benjamin and he can catch the ball. IF Reed goes down, what happens? That is why Amaro is a better pick than Benjamin. If Garcon or Jackson go down we still have Roberts to pick up the slack. At TE we have no one.

Because you are picking an OT out of percieved need, not solely based on him being the best playerr available. You are bound to over value in your desperation to upgrade. Simply put, you are more likely to fuck yourself because you are drafting based off of positional need instead of talent. So its a reach.

And as far as taking the Te... if your TE goes down and your offense flops, you didnt have a very good offense. a WR with size gives us something we simply dont have and have not had the past four years really. Another TE is simply adding another TE.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh no its not. look at what gesiem and effiert did for cincy last year. 2 passing catching TE's are huge in grudens offense. Huge!!! The tackle position is not a reach b/c they are ranked from mid first to mid 2nd rounders by every draft expert out there. You make it sound like we are drafting mid 3rd round talent at 34. If kojo had a good combine he would be a 1st rounder no doubt. cmon you are way off.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because why draft a TE without blocking skills. grab the WR who is not only a Redzone threat, but also a mismatch all over the field. And sure i could see Amaro. I would take him over a reach OT. And yes I think any OT we take in the second is a slight reach because of the shear desperation I hear from every one as to how we need another OT. You dont draft for position, which is exactly what taking an OT at all costs is doing. I also think we need a WR with some size more than a second pass catching TE.

i would disagree with any OT being a reach at 34 . i get your point about drafting for need and i agree dean is hellbent on an o/lineman at 34 .

but really moses at 34 would be a strong pick kojo would as well .

but they have to be the best players available

i wouldnt target wr at 34 either however if value fell to us you would have to consider it

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would disagree with any OT being a reach at 34 . i get your point about drafting for need and i agree dean is hellbent on an o/lineman at 34 .

but really moses at 34 would be a strong pick kojo would as well .

but they have to be the best players available

i wouldnt target wr at 34 either however if value fell to us you would have to consider it

If Moses or Kojo are the best players on the board sure. But i think the whole OT or bust tends to have them a bit over valued. I also think our WR group is missing one key piece.. size. As i have said Im not targeting a WR with the pick. But I do think if one of the three I have mentioned with size and redzone ability are there and we take the OT instead, it would be a bit of a reach because we drafted for position over total team impact. And i say that because neither Moses or Kojo are considered to be complete OTs yet. Both have work to do as pass blockers, so we are basically just getting younger at that point. I would take Jimmie Ward at 34, but I think a WR with size (and ability) makes more of a total team impact than a rookie safety. Again I have listed three WR's I would take over an OT if they are there. I would consider Amaro, but I would take Ward if there over a TE. And likely Van Noy as well. IM just not as desperate to bring in a new OT because I think they are being over valued for this team at the moment.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh no its not. look at what gesiem and effiert did for cincy last year. 2 passing catching TE's are huge in grudens offense. Huge!!! The tackle position is not a reach b/c they are ranked from mid first to mid 2nd rounders by every draft expert out there. You make it sound like we are drafting mid 3rd round talent at 34. If kojo had a good combine he would be a 1st rounder no doubt. cmon you are way off.

If Benjamin had run a sub 4.4 40 he would be considered a top ten pick. Robinson is considered a 1st round pick, and bryant is considered a 2nd rounder by most. Tackle is going to be over valued by this team period if they think like the majority of the fan base. Now I will say that honestly I do expect them to take one of these tackles with the 34th pick. But I also expect in 3-5 years we will be looking back saying how could we take (insert tackle here) over one of these Wrs that I fully expect to be very good at the position. And if we go into the season with the smurfs 2.0 and no real size, I expect next year many of you will be screaming for a Wr with some size in the early part of the draft.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Moses or Kojo are the best players on the board sure. But i think the whole OT or bust tends to have them a bit over valued. I also think our WR group is missing one key piece.. size. As i have said Im not targeting a WR with the pick. But I do think if one of the three I have mentioned with size and redzone ability are there and we take the OT instead, it would be a bit of a reach because we drafted for position over total team impact. And i say that because neither Moses or Kojo are considered to be complete OTs yet. Both have work to do as pass blockers, so we are basically just getting younger at that point. I would take Jimmie Ward at 34, but I think a WR with size (and ability) makes more of a total team impact than a rookie safety. Again I have listed three WR's I would take over an OT if they are there. I would consider Amaro, but I would take Ward if there over a TE. And likely Van Noy as well. IM just not as desperate to bring in a new OT because I think they are being over valued for this team at the moment.

you are right about the OT or bust mentality on the board . and i am not a part of that train . i just think that we should be able to grab a need that has value at 34 . a wr with size wouldnt be my top need but it is a need and if value is there you address it

your are right about not being tied to a position with our pick .

if we got a benjamin or his type at 34 i wont pout in a corner . i would support the pick as long as it has value

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats funny, look at the Eagles offense. Any Wr over 6'3? Jackson and Macklin are considered surfs and they did just fine. Its funny how you are changing your tune shark to an OT at pick 34.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats funny, look at the Eagles offense. Any Wr over 6'3? Jackson and Macklin are considered surfs and they did just fine. Its funny how you are changing your tune shark to an OT at pick 34.

Oh IM not changing my tune, I expect the team to be just as short sighted as the fan base an take an OT. And i could care less what the eagles have done because the fact is, we the redskins dont have a legit redzone threat outside of Reed. We do need one. And i honestly expect the Eagles offense to be brought back down to earth. Much like every other deep strike big play offense. Which is basically what we are set up to be at the moment.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcon is not a threat in the redzone. He breaks tackles like an Aquan Boldin. If you are dead set on getting a redzone threat you should be banging the table for jace amaro at 34 not benjamin.