• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Haden

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some good CBs available in free agency. You take the savings from Rogers and sign one plus keep your draft picks. I wonder if Vontae wants to play with his bro. I think he graded out as the #3 CB for PFF.

Really at #3? damn... higher than I would imagine...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Revis who got a new contract for like 16 million per season.

Right, I meant free agents. What is funny about Revis deal is it has no gtd money. $13M per with a $1.5M off-season bonus each year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib is scheduled to be a FA however the Pats may resign him...if not already...

I would have Talib high on my FA CB radar

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib is scheduled to be a FA however the Pats may resign him...if not already...

I would have Talib high on my FA CB radar

I'm pretty sure Baalke passes on him character wise.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way is want Vontae Davis. He's one of the dumbest guys I've ever seen on a professional football field.

I really wanted us to go after Sean smith last year in FA. Our corners are really the only thing holding us back right now. Brock and brown have been sufficient, but we can obviously find better.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to get Haden but I don't see how likely that is. We need a #1 CB as I don't have much faith in Culliver taking that spot, Brock is a solid #2 like Brown. Vonte would be a bit of a bargain and I would consider him at the right price, I think he would be a pretty solid upgrade over Rogers or Brown.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In our favor is Vontae would get a 10% discount at Vernon's Jamba Juice franchise. So we have that going for us.....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Speaking of Culliver the Niners need to extend that guy's contract in the offseason ASAP. He's one of the few young, talented players on the roster who can be had for relatively cheap.

I don't want Tarrell Brown back; I don't want Rogers back (neither is good enough to justify the money someone else will give 'em IMO), but Culliver's a penny stock right now. He's one of the guys they can keep long term without jeopardizing the bigger names.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be okay with Brock, Cully, Vontae, Morris, a cheap vet, and a rookie early round pick heading into camp.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Culliver the Niners need to extend that guy's contract in the offseason ASAP. He's one of the few young, talented players on the roster who can be had for relatively cheap.

I don't want Tarrell Brown back; I don't want Rogers back (neither is good enough to justify the money someone else will give 'em IMO), but Culliver's a penny stock right now. He's one of the guys they can keep long term without jeopardizing the bigger names.

They already signed such a player in Brock, Culliver is still young and could develop into a good CB but he's got a way to go in becoming more technically sound in coverage and coming off of an injury doesn't help his development. At this point, I don't think he has done enough to earn a contract at this point he hasn't earned a contract extension.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They already signed such a player in Brock, Culliver is still young and could develop into a good CB but he's got a way to go in becoming more technically sound in coverage and coming off of an injury doesn't help his development. At this point, I don't think he has done enough to earn a contract at this point he hasn't earned a contract extension.

You're looking at this statically. Essentially what you said ignores the price of the contract. If it's really cheap then he has earned a contract extension.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're looking at this statically. Essentially what you said ignores the price of the contract. If it's really cheap then he has earned a contract extension.

It does ignore the contract, I'm not into extending players until they earn it, cheap or not. Culliver simply hasn't earned an extension yet. As opposed to Brock who the coaches have evaluated for years and love how technically sound he is in coverage, Brock is your prototype #2 CB.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It does ignore the contract, I'm not into extending players until they earn it, cheap or not. Culliver simply hasn't earned an extension yet. As opposed to Brock who the coaches have evaluated for years and love how technically sound he is in coverage, Brock is your prototype #2 CB.

So essentially you're saying hasn't proven he's even good enough to play in the NFL. That's wrong. He was good enough to make his way onto the field a lot in his 2nd year; that doesn't spell not good enough for a roster spot.

And saying Brock is a prototype #2 CB is wrong as well. The Niners may be able to get away with him being the #2 CB next year if the front 7 remains dominant, but he is not a prototype #2 CB. Rogers & Brown are prototype #2 CBs right now. The Niners don't have a true #1 CB.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So essentially you're saying hasn't proven he's even good enough to play in the NFL. That's wrong. He was good enough to make his way onto the field a lot in his 2nd year; that doesn't spell not good enough for a roster spot.

And saying Brock is a prototype #2 CB is wrong as well. The Niners may be able to get away with him being the #2 CB next year if the front 7 remains dominant, but he is not a prototype #2 CB. Rogers & Brown are prototype #2 CBs right now. The Niners don't have a true #1 CB.

No, I'm not saying that he doesn't belong in the league, I'm saying that he hasn't earned any extension, there is a huge difference.

This second part is down right wrong. Brock's technically sound and studies his opponents, he isn't a top level athlete which is the only thing that keeps him from being a #1 CB. Brock is much better in coverage than either Brown or Rogers and has much more upside. The team seems to agree with this as well, they have went out of their way to make sure that he is not only on the team moving forward but a starter.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one it appears.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Brock is much better in coverage than either Brown or Rogers and has much more upside.

Well you know more than Vic Fangio because Vic doesn't think Brock is better in coverage. Otherwise he'd be starting.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one thing we can all agree on is that we don't have a true #1 CB. That's my biggest concern going into the off season. Gaining a true #1 CB has to be a top priority.