• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Barry hired.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
barry is an upgrade , the lions days are slanted , he has learned much more now while haslett was below avg for 18 years , blah blah blah

no one will listen

so when all else fails i will go to my man meatloaf who said 2 out of 3 aint bad :suds:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this doesn't work it will be time to get all the Buccaneers out of the building. Joe, Jay, and Bruce.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
barry is an upgrade , the lions days are slanted , he has learned much more now while haslett was below avg for 18 years , blah blah blah

no one will listen

so when all else fails i will go to my man meatloaf who said 2 out of 3 aint bad :suds:

Actually I do agree with you dad. Barry is most likely an upgrade to Haz, even if it's only slightly. We already know that Haz has been unable to out scheme other teams or coach up our D.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll stick by for what I said. Haslett needed to go. 5yrs of bad schemes and bad coaching. The players seemed as if that were not ready, always making the same mistakes, and midgame/halftime adjustments rarely even happened. If Barry is hired, he should only be given a 4yr deal. To me, he has 1 1/2yrs to improve the defense if we stick to 3-4. 2 fulls yrs if we switch to 4-3. I won't jump to alot of conclusions about Barry, everyone else has beaten me to it. But I rather deal with a new "crappy" DC than look at the same one we've had for 5yrs prior

Agreed. How can anyone be worse than Haslett? Hell, we could get Madden 2015 and press the "Ask Madden" button and get better results.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. How can anyone be worse than Haslett? Hell, we could get Madden 2015 and press the "Ask Madden" button and get better results.

Welcome to the Hoop and the team board redskinsfan:suds:

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm. Well, I guess you earned the right to say I told you so:lol:.

I will say this. At least they did a thorough search and interview process before deciding on this guy. So they must have seen something in him that put him above some other more experienced (and successful) candidates.

So I'll try not to bash him to much to early. I'll wait until at least the second preseason game.

this. Out of all the interviews it seemed jay liked him the most. We didn't interview all these candidates. Jay got his guy, good for him. If it fails jay and Barry will both be gone very soon and Scot can hire some 49ers and Seahawks coaches.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Bullock

Haven't fully researched Barry. But early indication I get is he would run a 1-gap, aggressive 3-4, which is what I think most fans wanted.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are new here. Welcome to the board.. I'll play nice. :)

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are new here. Welcome to the board.. I'll play nice. :)

Thanks to both CaliSkinsFan and Sharkinva for the warm welcome. I too live in Cali, but am a native DMVer as Shark appears to be.

I also didn't know there were any Haslett supporters left in our village. :)

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just sad we go from Fangio to Barry we are in trouble boys hell Wade Phillips would of been a better hire don't expect us to be any better with a new GM too many Allen and friends in the picture

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to both CaliSkinsFan and Sharkinva for the warm welcome. I too live in Cali, but am a native DMVer as Shark appears to be.

I'll introduce myself.

I appreciate people bringing emotion to the board, regardless if they are right or wrong. Even if it means treading the line of what is acceptable. I have been called names, and I have dished a few out.
I don't like to embarrass people when they are wrong, and I try to be respectful (and don't always succeed). I certainly have been wrong more than a few times.

Oh and if we draft Brandon Scherff, you know who introduced him to our board first.
Me me me me me me me!

Welcome!

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll introduce myself.

I appreciate people bringing emotion to the board, regardless if they are right or wrong. Even if it means treading the line of what is acceptable. I have been called names, and I have dished a few out.
I don't like to embarrass people when they are wrong, and I try to be respectful (and don't always succeed). I certainly have been wrong more than a few times.

Oh and if we draft Brandon Scherff, you know who introduced him to our board first.
Me me me me me me me!

Welcome!

Well, far be it from me not to recognize such acclaim, sir. Thanks for the intro to Mr. Scherff! Will we draft him? Now that's another story.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just sad we go from Fangio to Barry we are in trouble boys hell Wade Phillips would of been a better hire don't expect us to be any better with a new GM too many Allen and friends in the picture

barry runs the one gap style of 3-4 phillips does and he is younger . most fans want an aggressive defense so here is a guy who runs it .

i gave haz a chance last season and i will give this guy a chance too . if he cant cut it he will be shown the door

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

100 posts and you've been here only a month.? Very impressive.

Now fetch me a beer you noob!

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to give him a chance solely based on Brian Mitchell stating that the big name Head Coaches with lofty reputations have arrived here and failed. So maybe this HISTORIC loser, will turn his career around.
If not our GM should know what to do, lol.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again: We know that Haz isn't a good DC. We don't know what this guy can bring. Not my favorite choice, obviously, but if we closed the book on every coach who failed early with crappy personnel the bios of Bill Belichick and Joe Torre would read much differently.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again: We know that Haz isn't a good DC. We don't know what this guy can bring. Not my favorite choice, obviously, but if we closed the book on every coach who failed early with crappy personnel the bios of Bill Belichick and Joe Torre would read much differently.

19aejg3xa5prppng.png

All I know is I was told repeatedly we would NOT hire some one who could be worse than Haslett. And apparently based on track record, we found the one DC who managed to not once but TWICE have a defense finish dead last in points AND yards given up.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19aejg3xa5prppng.png

All I know is I was told repeatedly we would NOT hire some one who could be worse than Haslett. And apparently based on track record, we found the one DC who managed to not once but TWICE have a defense finish dead last in points AND yards given up.

and we didnt, haz in his 18 years finished last a time or 2 i dont like the hire but i will give him time to see what he has

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn guys. I'm sorry to hear you guys hired Joe Barry. I really am! Not that Detroit had a lot of talent for him to work with but he was terrible in Detroit. I've seen a few people saying he'll run an aggressive 3-4 defense. I hope so because he couldn't run the Tampa 2 to save his life and that's what he has most of his experience in. Anyway, good luck with that guy.

Not to dredge up the past but I got ripped by Redskins fans on CBS for saying how terrible a hire that clown Bruce Allen was. I see you guys are seeing what I saw from him in Tampa.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100 posts and you've been here only a month.? Very impressive.

Now fetch me a beer you noob!

Know what goes good with that beer? How about we get him to sing his alma mater fight song?