• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JJ Watt/Sherman on the Patriots!?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came home to visit my parents and booted up my Madden 08 PC game. Football freaks (now football idiots) creates custom rosters/draft classes and you can mod the Madden 08 PC game (which is why I still consider it the best Madden!).

Anyway, was browsing through my old franchise/game files back from 2010-2011... I used to own all teams back then and picked everyone's draft through 4-5 rounds.

That said, somehow browsing through that roster JJ Watt and Richard Sherman (an 83 and 69 overall respectively LOL) were on the Pats. I quit playing week 9 of the 2nd season with that roster so they were still both rookies.

Imagine if the Pats had those two players right now. Holy mother of God. Some other notables:

St. Louis had Julio Jones
Cleveland had AJ Green
San Fran had Blaine Gabbert
Seattle (the team I owned) had Cameron Hayward
Buffalo had Cam Newton
Boys had Andy Dalton (lol)

Anyway, crazy memories. Anyone else have any crazy trades in sports video games that would've been INSANE!?

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watt probably would have played a lot more 3/5 tech for the Patriots and his stats would look more mundane(think Justin Smith) instead of the 4/7/9 tech he plays in Houston that allows him to rush the passer almost every down.

Sherman had opportunity and scheme fit with the Seahawks probably would be a backup or not in the league.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came home to visit my parents and booted up my Madden 08 PC game. Football freaks (now football idiots) creates custom rosters/draft classes and you can mod the Madden 08 PC game (which is why I still consider it the best Madden!).

Anyway, was browsing through my old franchise/game files back from 2010-2011... I used to own all teams back then and picked everyone's draft through 4-5 rounds.

That said, somehow browsing through that roster JJ Watt and Richard Sherman (an 83 and 69 overall respectively LOL) were on the Pats. I quit playing week 9 of the 2nd season with that roster so they were still both rookies.

Imagine if the Pats had those two players right now. Holy mother of God. Some other notables:

St. Louis had Julio Jones
Cleveland had AJ Green
San Fran had Blaine Gabbert
Seattle (the team I owned) had Cameron Hayward
Buffalo had Cam Newton
Boys had Andy Dalton (lol)

Anyway, crazy memories. Anyone else have any crazy trades in sports video games that would've been INSANE!?

Sandbagger:lol:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow both players would have have loved here, kudos to Seattle and Houston, 2 studs

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watt probably would have played a lot more 3/5 tech for the Patriots and his stats would look more mundane(think Justin Smith) instead of the 4/7/9 tech he plays in Houston that allows him to rush the passer almost every down.

Sherman had opportunity and scheme fit with the Seahawks probably would be a backup or not in the league.

BB is one of the great defensive minds of his generation. Pretty sure he could utilize an athlete like Sherman.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he could utilize an athlete like Sherman.

He probably wouldn't have had the opportunity though NE had Mcourty who was a first rounder who had 7 picks the year before and and Arrington who is a solid player(7 picks Shermans rookie year) as their starters they had no reason to give him a 5th rounder chance. Plus slow big physical corners really weren't a thing until the Seahawks proved it could work in the NFL.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably wouldn't have had the opportunity though NE had Mcourty who was a first rounder who had 7 picks the year before and and Arrington who is a solid player(7 picks Shermans rookie year) as their starters they had no reason to give him a 5th rounder chance. Plus slow big physical corners really weren't a thing until the Seahawks proved it could work in the NFL.

I wouldn't call Sherman slow. I mean I guess if you're solely looking at combine 40 time, but his game speed and closing ability is very fast. Go watch some of his highlights when he gets the ball in his hands, he's gone. BB is looking for game speed, not 40 times. I also think that BB would likely be impressed with his quick hips and disciplined technique.

As far as competing for a starting spot?

New England Patriots' 53-man roster reflects defensive overhaul entering 2012 regular season

The Patriots went deep at cornerback (six), with newcomers Marquice Cole andAlfonzo Dennard filling things out. Devin McCourty and Kyle Arrington still project as starters, so while "change" is the overall buzzword on defense, this is one area where the club is looking for improvement from returnees, specifically McCourty, who had a rocky 2011.

They brought in a bunch of new CBs, and in 2012, the Pats ended up having the worst secondary in the league. Sherman didn't have a starting spot at the beginning of the season in Seattle either, but he eventually got his shot. Good chance he would have gotten one on the worst secondary in the league.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to defend Sherman to me he is my favorite non-Lion great player with an awesome personality, but lots of great players slip through the cracks in the NFL

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to defend Sherman to me he is my favorite non-Lion great player with an awesome personality, but lots of great players slip through the cracks in the NFL

Oh I agree. I think a lot of coaches would have let him slip through those cracks, I just don't think BB would have, especially with the state of their secondary at the time.