• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JJ Hoover.....

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are looking at a big time closer in this league in JJ Hoover. I said this earlier in the year when he was getting shelled and had a 7+ ERA. Since then, JJ has developed a killer curve ball to go with 96 MPH gas. It is killing hitters because they can't sit back on the fast ball now. The Reds better not let this guy go because he has got a huge upside in this league.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently, according to Brantley, Price helped him get command of his breaking ball and when it came, he got confidence. He was a talent a year ago. Atlanta didn't want to let him go but they needed a backup for Chipper and figured Juanderful Juan was a fair price. You notice they didn't keep Juan either.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are looking at a big time closer in this league in JJ Hoover. I said this earlier in the year when he was getting shelled and had a 7+ ERA. Since then, JJ has developed a killer curve ball to go with 96 MPH gas. It is killing hitters because they can't sit back on the fast ball now. The Reds better not let this guy go because he has got a huge upside in this league.

People were really hard on him back in May. I was defending him too. On top of his overpowering stuff, the guy just has a calm demeanor is isn't afraid of anything. He has proven in three saves this year he can come up with a huge pitch with everything on the line. For chrissakes he hasn't been scored on in two months!

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's done well after rediscovering his curveball. I worry about his arm health though- he throws without much lower body- mostly arm, like 99% of your average 12 year olds...of which 99.9% of don't make it as far as he has. Contrast with others with more lower body swing-Arroyo an extreme example-that last longer throwing.