• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Trotter on AJ Jenkins on Seattle Radio

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said in his observations that Jenkins has showed nothing, that he "has no dog in him" that he will be given every chance in pre season and as many snaps as possible, but if he doesn't show anything he may be gone.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said in his observations that Jenkins has showed nothing, that he "has no dog in him" that he will be given every chance in pre season and as many snaps as possible, but if he doesn't show anything he may be gone.

The sooner, the better. It was clear from the start that this was a mistake.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

IF this happens, then so be it. the 49ers will have provided Jenkins enough opportunities to show potential. if he doesn't show potential after Pre-Season, then no reason to keep at it. for me, not even asking for fireworks, but enough potential to indicate a much higher ceiling.

that said, if I had to bet on it today, don't think he'll be gone this season. he may be the 5th WR, but not gone, because nobody is taking control past Boldin.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be disappointed if he wasn't out there for at least the 1st half of each preseason game. After screwing the pooch last year he needs game reps to prove his worth to the 49ers

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was interesting is that Trotter said that Jenkins just isn't a fighter, that some people, like Crabtree, are fighters and will battle -- Jenkins just doesn't do that. That's just his observations, but it gibes with what the hints are from other articles, and I don't think you can coach that into someone.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When was his observation though? He was getting over a hamstring thing and then really turned it on the last few days. According to Maiocco he had like 10 catches in 11 on 11 and ripped a reception away from Cox to highlight the session. Hopefully he can keep it up and turn the corner.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was his observation though? He was getting over a hamstring thing and then really turned it on the last few days. According to Maiocco he had like 10 catches in 11 on 11 and ripped a reception away from Cox to highlight the session. Hopefully he can keep it up and turn the corner.

He was there yesterday I think.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He needs to step up and make some big plays in the preseason games. If he can get some momentum and confidence from the preseason games it might do the trick.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can't wait to say I told you so when Jenkins proves himself in the season:hope:

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never was one of those people who declares someone a bust after one season, particularly a receiver. But that being said, I promise the sports gods that if you are right I will pretend that I declared AJ a bust just so you can tell me you told me so.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I never was one of those people who declares someone a bust after one season, particularly a receiver. But that being said, I promise the sports gods that if you are right I will pretend that I declared AJ a bust just so you can tell me you told me so.

We need more posters like you, willing to take the bullet for another man's happiness. AJ was the offense at Illinois his time there and it really stands out when you look at the percentages. He just needs a boost of confidence before he breaks out.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As some know, I wasn't much a fan or really an informed fan about Jenkins other than big10 football...

I wanted Hill at that selection but whatever now...

Other than this "speed" gift he supposedly brings, what did Harbaalke see in AJ to draft him? The no dog comment is pretty alarming, that's a hit on his character.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As some know, I wasn't much a fan or really an informed fan about Jenkins other than big10 football...

I wanted Hill at that selection but whatever now...

Other than this "speed" gift he supposedly brings, what did Harbaalke see in AJ to draft him? The no dog comment is pretty alarming, that's a hit on his character.

Crabtree injured, can Jim Harbaugh turn to AJ Jenkins? | RotoViz

This link literally doesn't work after one click unless you're tech savvy like I :-)

EDIT: Yes, this isn't my 1st time posting this link

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I declared him a bust a quarter of the way into the season. Never in the history of the NFL has a first round draft pick been unable to even crack the active roster. Its unfathomably bad.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I declared him a bust a quarter of the way into the season. Never in the history of the NFL has a first round draft pick been unable to even crack the active roster. Its unfathomably bad.

It is a small detail, but he played in 3 games last year and had one pass thrown his way that he dropped and was immediately benched.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is fodder for an excellent bump down the line; question is, will it be you bumping or someone like TobyTyler?

willtalk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not done so or even wanted to declared AJ a bust. I have only been skeptical that the skills he showed in college wouldn't translate to the pro's. But since I also believe that if I were to declare someone a bust this early, the football gods would certainly punish me by granting him success purely to spite me personally. So in the best interests of the 49'er team I will DECLARE AJ JENKINS A BUST as of today.