• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Tressel show cause penalties

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Tressel's name seems to be popping-up this week across the interwebs due to all the CFB coaching hot seat rumors.

Here's what I understand about Tressels current situation (correct me if I'm wrong)-----

-----We must remember the problem with hiring Jim Tressel is that his five year show cause penalty does not expire until December 19, 2016 which means any team hiring Tressel before that date will have to adhere to the stipulations of the penalty which includes a postseason ban for the first year of his coaching tenure at his new job...additionally, Tressel must sit out the first five games (including practices & meetings) of his first season on his new job.

So, it is not likely a school will hire Jim Tressel as a football coach prior to December 19, 2016, unless of course the school is very desperate.

Also, there are the rumors that Tressel could be considered for the position of president of the University of Akron after the current president of Akron retires in June 2014. Tressel is currently vice president for student success at Akron and is also teaching a course on coaching at the school.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't understand why he doesn't go coach for free with some D2 school looking for a splash to get that first year stuff out of the way.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Tressel's name seems to be popping-up this week across the interwebs due to all the CFB coaching hot seat rumors.

Here's what I understand about Tressels current situation (correct me if I'm wrong)-----

-----We must remember the problem with hiring Jim Tressel is that his five year show cause penalty does not expire until December 19, 2016 which means any team hiring Tressel before that date will have to adhere to the stipulations of the penalty which includes a postseason ban for the first year of his coaching tenure at his new job...additionally, Tressel must sit out the first five games (including practices & meetings) of his first season on his new job.

So, it is not likely a school will hire Jim Tressel as a football coach prior to December 19, 2016, unless of course the school is very desperate.

Also, there are the rumors that Tressel could be considered for the position of president of the University of Akron after the current president of Akron retires in June 2014. Tressel is currently vice president for student success at Akron and is also teaching a course on coaching at the school.

Those are not bad penalties.

1. Is your team going to go to a bowl game? It might, but if your team is a dumpster fire, it is probably thought of as a transition year anyway. Only a handful of teams will pull an Ohio State and go from 6-6 to 12-0. Texas and USC being two that could because of the supposed talent levels.

2. The first five games. So, that is three or four non-conference games(one or two might be against good teams), and one or two conference games. The assistant coaches and the coach will have meetings, but they will be called get togethers or team building events. Tressel would NOT meet with the team though, that would get out very quickly.

If your assistant coaches cannot handle the non-con games, then hire new assistant coaches.

I say if a team wants Tressel, he will be hired.