• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Leylands Playoff pitching genius

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of fingers pointing at Leyland today. Here is something I've heard or read on several occasions, the most recently on WFAN. (Paraphrasing this:) "If the Tigers fire Leyland at the end of the post-season, he will not be unemployed for more than 24 hours."

I guess it is the right of all fans to blame the manager when their team loses. Hopefully, the Tigers rebound and win this series. I sure hope, however, that some Tiger fans don't hang on to this hate and eventually blame JL for all the team's problems during the entire season.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Tigers make it to the WS for a 3rd time under JL and lose again, JL should be fired.......I'll keep saying it. JL is a bum, give me Gardenhire, Francona, someone that wins with less, JL has the most talented team on the field every day and still underachieves.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll never get fired. Doesn't need to be fired. He doesn't have a job the second the Tigers lose four games out of seven. Or the second they win four against an NL team. One year deal...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just Marv Levy in sheeps clothing.....The game passed him by, The Tigers win with superior talent, JL does nothing to increase the Tigers chances, he only loses games for the Tigers.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant be fired when you dont have a contract.....i guess whoever said that pretty much doesnt know what they are talking about.....

So in other words, once the tigers season is over.....someone will sign leyland in 24 hrs? Id like to bet my vcash on that one.....jimmys old....the cubs wouldnt even touch his ass.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JL has the most talented team on the field every day and still underachieves.

Talented in some areas, poor in others (team speed, infield range at the corners, pitchers/catchers who get run on regularly, middle relief....).

I've beat up Leyland enough in the past, anyone should know I'm not a big defender of his. Just being realistic.