• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jhonny Peralta

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still rather have Uribe back at that money than Peralta.

Agreed. I just hope Uribe doesn't look at that contract and want it duplicated or above. Hardy is really the last of his competition this year on the market. I love UUU, but I don't like giving a player at his age a 2 year contract. I'd prefer a another 1 year deal for Uribe in a perfect world scenario.

I want U back too though. Should be an interesting offseason.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Uribe is a much better shortstop than Peralta. This doesn't bode well for how much he's going to cost.

A possibility I've been pondering lately is re-signing Rent to around a 1 year 2.5M deal and platooning him with Crawford. Renteria OPS'ed .794 last year against Lefties and his career OPS against lefties is .907. Crawford's hitting wouldn't be a delight but he's most likely going to have an above average glove. That might be the route where you get the most bang for your buck, and use the money to upgrade the offense elsewhere, perhaps taking a shot at Berkman, or maybe even Dunn(although unlikely).

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uribe is a much better shortstop than Peralta. This doesn't bode well for how much he's going to cost.

A possibility I've been pondering lately is re-signing Rent to around a 1 year 2.5M deal and platooning him with Crawford. Renteria OPS'ed .794 last year against Lefties and his career OPS against lefties is .907. Crawford's hitting wouldn't be a delight but he's most likely going to have an above average glove. That might be the route where you get the most bang for your buck, and use the money to upgrade the offense elsewhere, perhaps taking a shot at Berkman, or maybe even Dunn(although unlikely).

The Giants are clearly high on Crawford, so I could see this, but they'd probably be more confident on a one-year deal with someone. Maybe Cabrera or Guzman, but we really couldn't expect much from that. I actually kinda like your idea right now.

After this deal, I am starting to think that we have seen the last of Uribe because in no way does he get that kind of money from us.