• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets in on Crabtree?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter
6 mins ·
When Michael Crabtree came out in 2009, he was No. 1 player on Jets' board. Jets former GM Mike Tannenbaum now in MIA. Crabtree visiting.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damnit, make that miami.

read it too fast.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Miami makes a ton of sense. NYJ with Decker and Marshall makes zero sense to go after Crabtree.

....at first I read the part about Crabtree being #1 on the big board and chuckled. Then I remembered that the '09 draft was one of the worst drafts ever in terms of having any top prospects in it so Crabtree #1 on a big board doesn't sound as ludicrous as it initially seems.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the price is right he could fit well...especially with Clay as good as gone. Will be lots of 3 WR sets..

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a nice pickup for Miami.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a nice pickup for Miami.

Eh we'll see. I don't like the pickup of Crabtree for Miami or the Jets. Crabtree has a bad attitude. He constantly rolled his eyes at Kaepernick in multiple games during 2014, doesn't really help QBs by breaking off routes if the QB is in trouble, and is pouty a lot of the times when things don't go right.

For the Jets, you already got a little bit of a prima donna in Marshall and a QB 'situation' so why bring in a WR with a known bad attitude that seems to rarely help his QB with positive reinforcement and aid in route running?

For the Dolphins, the team did everything they could to get another bad attitude receiver (Mike Wallace) off their team while working to pick up high on field integrity players with little 'team attitude', why would you bother bringing in an exact clone (attitude wise) of a player you just got rid of for that reason?

Even in Crabtree's contract year he seemed to attitude it up at times when you want to be at your best. He didn't play that great but granted he was coming off an injury and Harbaugh was basically mailing it in towards the end of the season.

I don't like anything but a 1 year 'prove it' or very small guaranteed 2 year deal. As to the 1 year prove it deal, I doubt Crabtree will even go for that considering his image of himself unless it's a last resort.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a diva whose going to still expect whatever team signs him to overpay. Good luck with that.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a diva whose going to still expect whatever team signs him to overpay. Good luck with that.
Most WR's are diva's but if he's going to sulk on the sidelines after every drive I don't want him. I don't mind players wanting the ball heck I wanted the ball, puck whatever too but you don't sulk when you are a grown adult. From my understanding that's what turned the team on Wallace.

Otherwise if Crabtree can come in here and make a difference in the redzone at a decent cap hit I'd welcome him with open arms. Fins left way too many points on the field last year...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most WR's are diva's but if he's going to sulk on the sidelines after every drive I don't want him. I don't mind players wanting the ball heck I wanted the ball, puck whatever too but you don't sulk when you are a grown adult. From my understanding that's what turned the team on Wallace.

Otherwise if Crabtree can come in here and make a difference in the redzone at a decent cap hit I'd welcome him with open arms. Fins left way too many points on the field last year...

There were many instance of Crabtree sulking. Even after he caught a 50 yard reception he walked back to the bench with no emotion and sat away from his teammates with his head down. He sulks after not getting the ball, he sulks when the ball is thrown his way and the QB doesn't get it EXACTLY where he is, etc.

Crabtree attitude wise is a spitting image of Wallace (diff. skillsets granted, Wallace is a deep threat which Miami replaced with Stills and Crabs is a bit more possession so I get the appeal).

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were many instance of Crabtree sulking. Even after he caught a 50 yard reception he walked back to the bench with no emotion and sat away from his teammates with his head down. He sulks after not getting the ball, he sulks when the ball is thrown his way and the QB doesn't get it EXACTLY where he is, etc.

Crabtree attitude wise is a spitting image of Wallace (diff. skillsets granted, Wallace is a deep threat which Miami replaced with Stills and Crabs is a bit more possession so I get the appeal).
I guess it would be easier to handle the sulking if the salary is half as much as Wallace but we'll have to see what he demands.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Crabtree: the Jay Cutler of wide receivers

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets can have him. All those WRs and no QB. LOL

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh we'll see. I don't like the pickup of Crabtree for Miami or the Jets. Crabtree has a bad attitude. He constantly rolled his eyes at Kaepernick in multiple games during 2014, doesn't really help QBs by breaking off routes if the QB is in trouble, and is pouty a lot of the times when things don't go right.

For the Jets, you already got a little bit of a prima donna in Marshall and a QB 'situation' so why bring in a WR with a known bad attitude that seems to rarely help his QB with positive reinforcement and aid in route running?

For the Dolphins, the team did everything they could to get another bad attitude receiver (Mike Wallace) off their team while working to pick up high on field integrity players with little 'team attitude', why would you bother bringing in an exact clone (attitude wise) of a player you just got rid of for that reason?

Even in Crabtree's contract year he seemed to attitude it up at times when you want to be at your best. He didn't play that great but granted he was coming off an injury and Harbaugh was basically mailing it in towards the end of the season.

I don't like anything but a 1 year 'prove it' or very small guaranteed 2 year deal. As to the 1 year prove it deal, I doubt Crabtree will even go for that considering his image of himself unless it's a last resort.
Sounds really ood to me - Miami should sign him now!!!!!
Give him a 5 year contract!!!!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any fans from the NFL west will say....good luck with Crabtree. :lol: