• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeter Out as Marlins' CEO

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per MLB Network. Not sure just why or what he does next. I'm sure he is not done with baseball, however.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard on the radio this AM that he tossed grenades on the way out. Said the org is going in the wrong direction and he doesn’t want his name attached to the organization in any way.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading he thought he had about $15M to play with for FA. Was told due to the lockout that was no longer the case, so he bolts.

What's confusing me is I thought he was an owner. Isn't it HIS money?

:noidea:

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Marlins averaged 7933 fans per home game.
They are the 27th team in the MLB in team salary.
The big myth by the union is, that some teams aren't trying to be competitive.
There aren't enough really good players around for 30 teams. (no matter how much a team is willing to spend.)

List the teams, who do not have a chance, year in and year out.
And then there are idiots who talk about expansion.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't enough really good players around for 30 teams. (no matter how much a team is willing to spend.)

Expansion maybe not but move the Marlins and As and Rays to places that want them. Baseball just doesn't work in Florida outside of spring training.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why but Florida is just not an MLB spot because I have been to both Rays and Marlins games and they both are DEAD. Nobody shows up to watch them play. I can understand the Marlins attendance I never put it on the fans to show up to games when your team is in the bottom of the division but having gone to Rays games that stadium would be dead unless the yankees came to play then all the retired New Yorkers that live in FL would go to the game.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why but Florida is just not an MLB spot because I have been to both Rays and Marlins games and they both are DEAD. Nobody shows up to watch them play. I can understand the Marlins attendance I never put it on the fans to show up to games when your team is in the bottom of the division but having gone to Rays games that stadium would be dead unless the yankees came to play then all the retired New Yorkers that live in FL would go to the game.

100%

I've been to more Yankee games in Tampa than I have in NY over the last decade or so.

Tampa's problem is the ballpark is an abomination and located in St Pete, which is a pain in the ass to get to.

But the stadium in Miami is gorgeous and centrally located downtown. They made the playoffs only a season ago. That one I don't quite understand.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100%

I've been to more Yankee games in Tampa than I have in NY over the last decade or so.

Tampa's problem is the ballpark is an abomination and located in St Pete, which is a pain in the ass to get to.

But the stadium in Miami is gorgeous and centrally located downtown. They made the playoffs only a season ago. That one I don't quite understand.
I am still pissed at the Miami stadium.

Some of the best time I don’t remember happened at the OB in the mid-90s. The OB may have been a trash heap, but I had some EPIC tailgates there.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as long as there are teams willing to pay one pitcher $43+M for 1 season some teams don't have a chance. the Marlins told the CEO he had $15M to spend on FA's, these days that's not even enough for 1 level 2 FA for 1 season and fans aren't going to come watch a team like the Marlins

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he accomplished the primary mission, which was to get rid of that abomination in the outfield.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100%

I actually understand the Marlins more than the Rays. The Marlins (besides the corona year) havent had a winning season in 11 years and in their franchise history havent won more than 92 games winning 90 plus games only twice. That is a lot for a fan to deal with and I am a Mariners fan.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually understand the Marlins more than the Rays. The Marlins (besides the corona year) havent had a winning season in 11 years and in their franchise history havent won more than 92 games winning 90 plus games only twice. That is a lot for a fan to deal with and I am a Mariners fan.
And both times they won it all, the fans hearts were ripped out by full sell offs right away.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few years ago, Miami had an outfield of Yelich, Ozuna, and Stanton. Let that sink in.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move both teams and Athletics to new cities: Las Vegas, Charlotte or Nashville (probably not both), Montreal, etc