• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry Sloan looking at a comeback

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is reporting that Jerry Sloan is interested in two coaching jobs as of right now: Orlando and Charlotte.

Obviously those two teams are polar opposites. Orlando is a perennial playoff team with a star caliber player in Howard, while Charlotte had the worst record in the NBA this year. If you were in his shoes, and both teams offered the same amount of roster control, contract amount and any other stipulations you had as a coach, which job would you take?

From my stand point, I would prefer the Orlando job. At 70 years old, I'd say he has at most a 5-year window of opportunity to coach. He would be able to come in and immediately command the respect of all the veterans, Howard included. He could change the culture of that organization by doing exactly what he did in Utah for years. Orlando has been an underachieving team for years, and he could potentially be the key factor in putting them over the top.

If he were to go to Charlotte, I have no doubts he could transform that organization as well, and potentially build a playoff team. That being said, his legacy is already solidified and wouldn't need to prove anything by going to the worst team in the league and building them up. If I were just starting out as a young coach, I would prefer the Charlotte job to the Orlando one. At this point though, with his credentials, I'd go to Orlando.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can turn Charlotte into a contender in 5 years...given that he should have the 1st or 2nd pick in the next 2 or 3 drafts.

depends if he wants to try to win the ring or be remembered for elevating 2 programs that were trash before him.