• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry Rice gets defensive about his stickum admission

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many complaining about stickum today know the reason stickum was banned? It was about all the crap sticking to the ball, not because of a competitive advantage, all teams used it, well maybe the Oakland DB's had an advantage. They used so much stickum you couldn't see their hands.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many complaining about stickum today know the reason stickum was banned? It was about all the crap sticking to the ball, not because of a competitive advantage, all teams used it, well maybe the Oakland DB's had an advantage. They used so much stickum you couldn't see their hands.
I remember a picture of one of the Oakland db's who had so much stickum on his hands he held a ball with his palm facing the ground and his fingers open. It was like it was glued to his palm.

Gee, I wonder why they outlawed it . . .

LOL

Lester-Hayes-stickum.jpg

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what kind of illegal substance Odell Beckham uses on his gloves.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.........Jerry who.....?,........I lost respect for him when Randy Moss broke one of his TD/records back in (07/w. Pats),.......he expected Moss to call "HIM"up and honor Rice to some degree......?,.......Moss said FU/back with some degree.,.......Rice being named the "greatest" NFL player of all time on NFL/NWRK was highly questionable too ....my-op.,.....a few years ago....!?
I don't want to assume anything, but is this guy special needs?

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything the gloves are probably as sticky as Stickum anyway.

Gloves are legal every player has the option to wear them. Stickum was not so every player that used it had an unfair advantage over those that did not.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes that was an issue with the Stickum of the 70's, not the still illegal Stickum Rice was using in the 80/90s or the Stickum the Chargers were using in 2012

Last edited: