• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jermaine O'Neal to have surgery on wrist.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely this is a season ending injury. There hasn't been any word of a timetable for return, but I can't imagine him being back any sooner than the playoffs at best. It's too bad because he was showing that he could be a great contributor off the bench. Next man up until Ezeli is healthy again.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope Ezeli comes back strong and works off the rust quickly, because this is a very serious setback. Granted, signing O'Neal was a risk in the first place, so they shouldn't be too surprised. With Bogut in constant foul trouble, O'Neal out, Ezeli out, Kuzmic out, and Lee and Speights just generally sucking (for emergency centers), we've got major problems at C. Iguodala returning won't help that situation much.

Last edited by a moderator:

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'oh

I'm hoping LaGruber/Meyer/West decided to use our trade exceptions on a big this season. It would be a shame to see this year's roster go to waste.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'oh

I'm hoping LaGruber/Meyer/West decided to use our trade exceptions on a big this season. It would be a shame to see this year's roster go to waste.

I'd agree, who do you have in mind?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely this is a season ending injury. There hasn't been any word of a timetable for return, but I can't imagine him being back any sooner than the playoffs at best. It's too bad because he was showing that he could be a great contributor off the bench. Next man up until Ezeli is healthy again.

Seems like the Dubs can't catch a break with injuries this year.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree, who do you have in mind?

We've floated out there a few ideas

1) Our TE thread

2) Another thread

Honestly, I don't think the Dubs are going to have to target a veteran with a bad contract. Something like a Chuck Hayes in TOR. Someone who isn't a long term answer, but could be a stop gap this year while FE gets healthy.

In the Green thread, you talk about trading D.Lee and HB for an upgrade. The simple answer is to trade them both to LA for Gasol and start LA on their rebuilding year. If it was a D.Lee/HB/SPeights package for Gasol/Henry, I would be tempted. I could see Gasol walking after this year, but a deep Playoff run could entice him to stick around.

D.Lee is on a down trend this season, his value was highestly last year when he put up allstar #'s.

HB has shown flashes this year, he made a old VC look silly multiple times on Iso's yesterday. I wouldn't trade HB unless we got a better deal in return.

Tough decisions. Iggy coming back in a few weeks is going to help. I still hold out hope for Kuzmic being a good player in the long run aswell.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayes and Lowry for 1st and 2nd rounders?

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't really have any draft picks to trade, had to give lots of them to Utah to take Biedrins and Jefferson off our hands.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't be a fan of giving up those type of assets for Hayes who is owed 6 million next year and Lowry who will walk. If they can swing a deal for a backup guard to add to this core, I'm all for it. I'd much rather get Vasquez who could play spell both Curry and Thompson and is RFA. I doubt Toronto moves him though instead of Lowry.

Regarding O'neal, I thought he was getting surgery NOW because it would allow for him to get back before playoffs. That is what I Lee said today on with Bucher, though he did say he was not sure and that was just the impression he was given. I can't see JO getting the surgery if it is indeed season ending without at least shutting it down for a few weeks and see if some rest and PT could help alleviate the pain he has.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
O'Neal's post-surgery tweet: [MEDIA=twitter]411574559351926784[/MEDIA]/photo/1

On KNBR last night, Mark Jackson said that O'Neal would be back with the Warriors this year. He did that without being asked how long O'Neal would be out, he just said it straight-away. I hope that's the case, because as much as some of us may like Ezeli, there's a world of difference between his effectiveness (almost solely on the defensive end) and O'Neal's effectiveness on both ends of the court. I really hope O'Neal is able to come back in a couple of months, shake off some rust, and be ready to go strong in the playoffs.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Neal's post-surgery tweet: [MEDIA=twitter]411574559351926784[/MEDIA]/photo/1

On KNBR last night, Mark Jackson said that O'Neal would be back with the Warriors this year. He did that without being asked how long O'Neal would be out, he just said it straight-away. I hope that's the case, because as much as some of us may like Ezeli, there's a world of difference between his effectiveness (almost solely on the defensive end) and O'Neal's effectiveness on both ends of the court. I really hope O'Neal is able to come back in a couple of months, shake off some rust, and be ready to go strong in the playoffs.

JO just tweeted he's not out for the season, contrary to media reports. Might be wishful thinking, but we'll have to see. He wants to be out here contending for a championship by his own account, so I believe he'll do everything in his power to be back out on the court.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In shape vs Basketball shape are 2 different things.

I don't care if its YMCA , AAU, Highschool, NCAA, NBA, WWE, etc.

You can be in shape, and not be in "NBA shape". I"ll take Kuzmic/D.Lee/Dedum/Armstrong at the backup five if they are healthy vs a 35 year old vet coming off an injury.

WORD.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In shape vs Basketball shape are 2 different things.

I don't care if its YMCA , AAU, Highschool, NCAA, NBA, WWE, etc.

You can be in shape, and not be in "NBA shape". I"ll take Kuzmic/D.Lee/Dedum/Armstrong at the backup five if they are healthy vs a 35 year old vet coming off an injury.

WORD.

I think if Festus can come back and contribute we'll be OK. This might be good for JO as his legs will be fresh for the stretch run and the playoffs. Its not a back or leg injury, so his conditioning should be fine and he can work his way back. I'll take JO over Kuzmic, Dedmon and Armstrong easily, especially the way he had been playing this year and his playoff experience over a rookie or journeymen.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL! Currently we don't even qualify for the playoffs.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Currently we don't even qualify for the playoffs.

With Iguodala back, I think we'll be fine as far as making the playoffs go. He doesn't solve all our problems, but he will help us win enough more games to make the playoffs. Phoenix will fall off, they are not making the playoffs, and with Iguodala, I believe we are better than Dallas and Denver.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JO 2-3 weeks away?

He been drinking Grant Hill's blood?

FE is apparently expected back in March. That's almost a full year out for his injury :doh:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezili is garbage. A complete waste of a draft pick.

K. I think you're just going for shock value now with your statements. How you could come to Ezeli being garbage after he played well in his rookie year is beyond me.

:doh: