• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Brohm to Purdue

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brohm didn't turn it around that was Taggart
WKU transitioned and went 2-10 0-12 in that period. 0-12 was first year in Sun Belt.
Under Taggart they went 2-10 then 7-5 and 7-5 (7-6 for the year but he left before the bowl).
Petrino came in for a year and went 8-4 largely with Taggart's players.
Brohm then went 8-5, 12-2, 10-3. that leaves it at Taggart's players from his last class he was building.
While I won't dispute that Taggart had a lot to do with the turnaround while still adjusting to the transition to the FBS, I don't think that he would've had the success that Brohm has had while he was there. I believe that with Brohm now gone that he left WKU in a better spot than when he took over. I'm just wondering who they'll go after now after Holt coaches the bowl game.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, if I'm not mistaken, the coaching jobs look like this:

Power 5 filled:
Indiana
LSU
Purdue
Texas

Power 5 still open:
Baylor
Oregon

Group of 5 filled:
FIU
Fresno State

Group of 5 still open:
Cincinnati
FAU
Georgia State
Houston
Nevada
San Jose State
Western Kentucky

If I can track down the coaching carousel thread, perhaps I'll copy/paste this info there.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Taggart is just above Fleck but still doesn't have quite the resume I would prefer.
Harsin has come up from Boise. But I feel like Oregon just fired a coach people are saying only won because of Kelly's players. so I don't see why they over look Petersen's players at Boise for Harsin.
Matt Rhule maybe. back to back 10 win seasons. but still a short head coaching career.
Question Oly...Would Oregon fans tolerate a more traditional coach that wasn't HUNH/Spread/throw it around the yard type?

Reason I ask is I've heard from my Baylor alum brother-in-law that there is a great big internal fight going on down there about what type coach to pursue. Seems there is a great number that are not willing to tolerate a more traditional coach unless they are willing to hire an offensive coordinator. (I told him they better just take the best they can get cuz there aren't a lot that want to deal with that mess.)

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question Oly...Would Oregon fans tolerate a more traditional coach that wasn't HUNH/Spread/throw it around the yard type?

Reason I ask is I've heard from my Baylor alum brother-in-law that there is a great big internal fight going on down there about what type coach to pursue. Seems there is a great number that are not willing to tolerate a more traditional coach unless they are willing to hire an offensive coordinator. (I told him they better just take the best they can get cuz there aren't a lot that want to deal with that mess.)
Hard to say. I for one wouldn't care. I grew up in the Brooks era and it didn't really change until I was in my 20s under Bellotti. I like the faster pace but I don't mind a slowed down methodical approach either.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, if I'm not mistaken, the coaching jobs look like this:

Power 5 filled:
Indiana
LSU
Purdue
Texas

Power 5 still open:
Baylor
Oregon

Group of 5 filled:
FIU
Fresno State

Group of 5 still open:
Cincinnati
FAU
Georgia State
Houston
Nevada
San Jose State
Western Kentucky

If I can track down the coaching carousel thread, perhaps I'll copy/paste this info there.

Helfrich is gonna end up at Nevada or San Jose State. you heard it here first.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be interested to know the deal about Fleck. There has to be a reason nobody hired him this off season. I've heard some rumors but have no idea if there's any truth to them.