• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JED YORK-How do you feel about him now?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after erickson, nolan and sing, it's about @!$@#! time he got a real hc

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How do you feel about Jed 11 months later?

He hired Baalke when we all said no

Baalke hired Jim Harbaugh

Jim Harbaugh kept Alex Smith

Without Jed none of those things would have happend.

Proud to say I was on Baalke's bandwagon since the 2010 draft.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
jed's hiring of baalke is admirable, but he will really be known for bringing a new stadium to the niners. whether he pumps in the dough or not is where he will be judged. we all know eddie would get it done...

davidin.fan76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've always given Jed benefit of the doubt. He's had some bumps in the road but he's young and he does love the 49ers. But most importantly he often goes to the "godfather" for advice.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firstly, it's not easy to uproot an established GM from an established team like the ones you pointed out. Secondly, GMs done typically have the same coaching staff connections that say a HC has with regards to bringing in his own guys.

I'm just saying that making the York - Baalke - Harbaugh connection is a bit of a stretch and it's not to say that a different GM could not have brought in Harbaugh. Just MHO

Also, the Yorks presided over the firing of Mooch and the DErk/Nolan/Singletary fisacos. That's 8 solid years of shit football.

But, credit where due -- they did open up the wallets for Harbaugh.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
jed's hiring of baalke is admirable, but he will really be known for bringing a new stadium to the niners. whether he pumps in the dough or not is where he will be judged. we all know eddie would get it done...

yep, from years ago we all knew the stadium was critical for revenue. but it seems a stadium in SF faced some serious issues? so serious don't think even Eddie would've done it by now?

anyways, it HAS made a lot of progress so far. now i wonder if political changes can knock it backwards?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, the Yorks presided over the firing of Mooch and the DErk/Nolan/Singletary fisacos. That's 8 solid years of shit football.

But, credit where due -- they did open up the wallets for Harbaugh.

sometimes people need to separate John from Jed, depending on their rant? cause although Jed is a York too, he didn't assume command since the late 90's?

and as this thread implies, if we're going to rant for negatives (this is easy for us), then we should also credit for positives (difficult for us).

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

As long as he sticks to just the business end of running the team and lets Baalke and Harbaugh handle the football operations I think he'll be successful.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasnt saying no. People have to get there chance/start sometime and somewhere. He deserved the chance and so far so good. Plenty of time to see though.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
York was the biggest reason the 49ers had Singletary as the Head Coach. Which is why I think McCloughan quit. He wasn't happy with being a hand puppet GM under Nolan, and when he finally became a real GM, he was still a hand puppet to Jed York who told him who he had to hire as HC.

Anyway, I don't hate him or love him. I appreciate that he has a passion to see the 49ers win. So far it seems he made the right choices with Harbaugh and Baalke, but he made a lot of wrong decisions with Nolan, Singletary, and McCloughan before that. Not quite fair to act like he is some sort of visionary with his latest GM/HC tandem. It is just nice to see that he learned from his earlier mistakes/failures though.

But lets remember 7 years ago Jed was only 23 his dad was in charge.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dolphins missed out on Harbaugh but they might land luck instead.

I wonder who would be there coach?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins missed out on Harbaugh but they might land luck instead.

I wonder who would be there coach?[/QUOTE]

Their owner seems to be enamored with Urban Meyer.

Yeah, I don't get that. I thought he was done? I guess there aren't a lot of other candidates around right now, but he definitely will have to bring in an OC because his College tricks won't work in the NFL.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I don't get that. I thought he was done? I guess there aren't a lot of other candidates around right now, but he definitely will have to bring in an OC because his College tricks won't work in the NFL.

Norv Turn will be his OC becuase he is pretty much done in San Diego. He has a talented team but he's not that good.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget what he has done with the new stadium plans and stuff. Jed has done a good job, the only thing I questioned about him was jumping the gun too soon in hiring coach Singletary. He acted quickly on that one, though.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget what he has done with the new stadium plans and stuff. Jed has done a good job, the only thing I questioned about him was jumping the gun too soon in hiring coach Singletary. He acted quickly on that one, though.

In hindsight it was a great hire cos it landed us Harbaugh! ;)

stilla9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still hate that bitch ass muthafucka and his ugly ass wife for ruining one of the greatest franchises in the NFL! Wait...... What York are we talking about? Lil York? He's doing 10xs a better job than his father.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
When it comes to Jed I was never negative on him because I always felt he had the earnest desire to build the 49ers into winning organization.

But just because you want to build a winner doesn't mean you know how to build one and that was his biggest fault I had against him was just plain inexperience.

Now he seems to have the pieces in place and staying out of their way and letting them do their job so I credit him for that.