• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jed gets his ass ripped on social media

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a story that Jed came out on the 4th of July wishing everyone a happy 4th on Twitter. The 49ers fans ripped him a new one and I think it would be a good idea if Jed just kept quiet until his team gets back on their feet and wins some ballgames. Eddie D. should sit down with his nephew and have a heart to heart on how do deal with the media and the fans. Word to Jed...get it in gear kid and get the team back to a Super Bowl..until then his ass is grass around here and he needs to understand that . He needs to put up..or just shut up. No one wants to hear him speak. The fans want a 6th Super Bowl Championship...period. If Jed wants to be respected then he will have to win it all.

Go 49ers !!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is a story that Jed came out on the 4th of July wishing everyone a happy 4th on Twitter. The 49ers fans ripped him a new one and I think it would be a good idea if Jed just kept quiet until his team gets back on their feet and wins some ballgames. Eddie D. should sit down with his nephew and have a heart to heart on how do deal with the media and the fans. Word to Jed...get it in gear kid and get the team back to a Super Bowl..until then his ass is grass around here and he needs to understand that . He needs to put up..or just shut up. No one wants to hear him speak. The fans want a 6th Super Bowl Championship...period. If Jed wants to be respected then he will have to win it all.

Go 49ers !!

Is "put up or shut up" any different for any other Owner? Is it different for any other Owner in ANY sport? BTW - Jed did get us to a SB, but doesn't seem like it affected you?

right now, which Owners ARE able to wish everyone a happy 4th?

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is "put up or shut up" any different for any other Owner? Is it different for any other Owner in ANY sport? BTW - Jed did get us to a SB, but doesn't seem like it affected you?

right now, which Owners ARE able to wish everyone a happy 4th?

You have to understand the Bay. The 49ers were on the doorstep with Harbaugh and most fans believe Jed and Balkke leaked shit out on Coach to undermine him. Jed likes to talk...the fans are still pissed with last years cluster fuck soap opera. Jed should take some advice and lay low and please stay off Twitter.

Go 49ers !!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing wrong with tweeting happy 4th. These fans needs to get a life

Reactions: GNG

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You have to understand the Bay. The 49ers were on the doorstep with Harbaugh and most fans believe Jed and Balkke leaked shit out on Coach to undermine him. Jed likes to talk...the fans are still pissed with last years cluster fuck soap opera. Jed should take some advice and lay low and please stay off Twitter.

Go 49ers !!

yeah ok, depends on what we each think happened to cause the coaching change.

for me, don't see Harbaugh as totally innocent and then there was this conspiracy to undermine him. Do believe personalities just didn't match, and it lead to the parting of ways.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is nothing wrong with tweeting happy 4th. These fans needs to get a life

this was my initial reaction too.

as a LONG time 49er fan that went thru 'thick and thin', i get the frustration that has arisen again. I also get as Owner, some chit comes with the territory. Just that in this particular post, seemed extreme? anyway, all good.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Go 49ers !!

In 2012. In 2013, they were kind of in the front yard - but tripped over the same damn problems that kept them outside in 2012. And last year, we weren't even on the right street - largely due to the side of the ball that Harbaugh specializes in.

I'm not defending York, but Harbaugh didn't cut it last year, and I don't buy that that was all because of the FO stuff. We never corrected fundamental mistakes on offense.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was my initial reaction too.

as a LONG time 49er fan that went thru 'thick and thin', i get the frustration that has arisen again. I also get as Owner, some chit comes with the territory. Just that in this particular post, seemed extreme? anyway, all good.

Exactly. I don't agree with the way the coaching change happened but for me anyway, it is time to move on. If York had tweeted something like the team has a better coach or we are going to win with class now, I could understand some fans piling on him. But not for saying happy 4th. York didn't do anything improper and he doesn't need to stop tweeting holiday greetings. It is the heckling fans that need to get over it and get a life

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2012. In 2013, they were kind of in the front yard - but tripped over the same damn problems that kept them outside in 2012. And last year, we weren't even on the right street - largely due to the side of the ball that Harbaugh specializes in.

I'm not defending York, but Harbaugh didn't cut it last year, and I don't buy that that was all because of the FO stuff. We never corrected fundamental mistakes on offense.

Harbaugh brought a lot of good things to the team and obviously did a lot right. But still I think there was a stubbornness there that prevented him from changes that would improve the offense.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harbaugh brought a lot of good things to the team and obviously did a lot right. But still I think there was a stubbornness there that prevented him from changes that would improve the offense.

after last season, can't help but agree.

Yes, we Thank Harbaugh for not only turning it around, but doing it from the get go. but you got the impression things wouldn't change offensively?!

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of everything that went down..the soap opera that went on and the distractions it caused for the the team especially in the locker room by Balkke and Jed really pissed fans off . Harbaugh is no innocent in this but most fans feel he was doomed before the season started and it was felt by everyone. A complete waste of a year with too many injuries and a Management who turned their backs on a successful overall Head Coach.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Of everything that went down..the soap opera that went on and the distractions it caused for the the team especially in the locker room by Balkke and Jed really pissed fans off . Harbaugh is no innocent in this but most fans feel he was doomed before the season started and it was felt by everyone. A complete waste of a year with too many injuries and a Management who turned their backs on a successful overall Head Coach.

yes, no question there were issues that became distractions. But 'break ups' aren't unusual at the NFL level, there aren't many long term Coaching staffs and five years might be long? Fortunately, we did experience three GOOD seasons before that fell apart. Imagine if we were still continually losing from the Donahue era?

When posted like above, blaming the GM and Owner is ok, it "comes with the territory". Whether the Owner is totally to blame, partially, or even out of their control, fans point to these guys cause that is just the way it is.

BTW - We shouldn't place injuries as a fault of the GM or Owner.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh only has himself to blame for choosing Kaepernick as his starting QB.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KAP took them to a Super Bowl and if they just turn him loose again he could do it again. Kap has the skills to win it all..no doubt in my mind.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KAP took them to a Super Bowl and if they just turn him loose again he could do it again. Kap has the skills to win it all..no doubt in my mind.
Alex Smith got the team to 13-3 IIRC.
Kaep is more mistake prone than Alexis. He is 10 times the athlete but his mistakes out weigh his potential.
Look at how one little mistake on a 2 yard pass hurt Seattle last year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith got the team to 13-3 IIRC.
Kaep is more mistake prone than Alexis. He is 10 times the athlete but his mistakes out weigh his potential.
Look at how one little mistake on a 2 yard pass hurt Seattle last year.

I like Alex Smith but he is so risk averse he would rather check the ball down then throw even a fairly difficult pass downfield. It is no coincidence that none of his receivers have ever put up big numbers. In 2011 everything was perfect. Great running game, special teams play, and a defense that had a great turnover ratio constantly put the offense in good field position. Pass blocking was better also. The New York Giants defense figured out how to play the Alex Smith led offense. They beat SF in the NFC championship game and the following season completely shut the offense down and Alex threw multiple pics. Whether Kaepernick is the long answer remains to be seen but we know Alex Smith is not the answer.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LET KAP RUN>>>>Make T-Shirts...hee hee

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Alex Smith but he is so risk averse he would rather check the ball down then throw even a fairly difficult pass downfield. It is no coincidence that none of his receivers have ever put up big numbers. In 2011 everything was perfect. Great running game, special teams play, and a defense that had a great turnover ratio constantly put the offense in good field position. Pass blocking was better also. The New York Giants defense figured out how to play the Alex Smith led offense. They beat SF in the NFC championship game and the following season completely shut the offense down and Alex threw multiple pics. Whether Kaepernick is the long answer remains to be seen but we know Alex Smith is not the answer.
Fair statements Pat, but allow me to show voice my opin ion.
In the NFCCG you reference.
Smith threw for 2 TD's and no Ints.
SF had 150 yards on the ground.
If you don't turn it over, you win that game with the D that SF had at the time. SF had the lead when KW fumbled the PR in the 4th and he gave up the game with the OT fumble deep in SF territory.
That loss should not be AS's fault.

After having Pete as our HC in a pass driven, pass happy league, I am sure a team that has a great D, a powerful run game, and a QB that does not have to be prolific but avoids TO's is a tough team to beat.
Score 22 points a game and you should go 12-4, or close to it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you don't turn it over, you win that game with the D that SF had at the time. SF had the lead when KW fumbled the PR in the 4th and he gave up the game with the OT fumble deep in SF territory.

After having Pete as our HC in a pass driven, pass happy league, I am sure a team that has a great D, a powerful run game, and a QB that does not have to be prolific but avoids TO's is a tough team to beat.

Hell, if the officials don't ridiculously call a dead ball on Bradshaw's "forward progress" - despite the fact that he was hit, immediately knocked backward, landed on a defensive player after losing the ball, and never actually went to the ground nor was he ever wrapped up by the D - the Niners win that game.

But Smith was still a big reason we lost. We couldn't move the ball through the air against that D. Smith needed an absolutely elite D to keep us in the SB hunt. Kap has the ability to make do with less. Wilson has his flaws, but he can make the big play when his team needs it. Smith struggled with that.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 49ers were also 1-13 on 3d down conversions which killed many drives. I don't recall the plays he made for TDs. I like Alex Smith but your QB has to be able to throw into tight windows and make plays every once in awhile. Alex either can't do it or just refuses to. He had a great TD to interception ratio because he won't make those throws. At least Kaepernick will make some of those throws Smith can't. With a stout D and run game he didn't need to do a lot, but he still needs to make plays down the field every once in awhile. The Giants were able to crowd the line and play tight as they weren't worried about Smith beating them downfield. It wasn't all of Smith's fault but part of it does fall on him.