• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jay Gruden Starting To Get Called Out

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be. He did give up. No excuse for that. You are down 2 scores with a minute and a half and you punt the ball away. It was a long shot, but you never know whats going to happen.

It was a damned if you do damned if you dont situation.

Suppose he goes for it and Griffin gets a major injury in a game we eventually lose any way. Then every one proceeds to eviscerate him for continuing to put Griffin at risk in a game that in the grand scheme of things meant nothing. The end of this season should be about two things....

Fundamental football at EVERY position

Not getting any one injured.

Im not saying we roll over and play dead. But as our season is over and we are basically playing for draft position any way... Basic Football 101. Teach the QB to actually play QB. Figure out if ANY of our O-lineman are worth holding onto long term ( and I include Williams in this because he gets injured too often for my tastes). I think we have our starting Corners, and i even think we have a decent D-line although they are a little long in the tooth.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never heard of benching players or giving up on games simply to avoid an injury until Shanny last year and Gruden this year, both worrying about RGIII's health.

I've also never seen a team punt with 3 minutes down by 2 scores. Never.

This team sets a new bar for dysfunction every week, every season.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never heard of benching players or giving up on games simply to avoid an injury until Shanny last year and Gruden this year, both worrying about RGIII's health.

I've also never seen a team punt with 3 minutes down by 2 scores. Never.

This team sets a new bar for dysfunction every week, every season.

Dude... I was and still remain a fan of Mike. But the excuse he used for benching Griffin was hogwash. Mike wanted to bench him alot sooner than he did, but couldnt come up with a real reason that didnt sound like he was just fed up with him. I tend to think Gruden made the right call, but went about it the wrong way. There is a way to tank a game. Being obvious about it is NOT the move. A couple of Max protect pass plays coulda done it.

eamines

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden should've been called out. I heard his explanation, but he's playing a dangerous game. When players think you've quit on them, bad things happen. Garco'n seems to be one of those players, in reading his instagram post.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a damned if you do damned if you dont situation.

Suppose he goes for it and Griffin gets a major injury in a game we eventually lose any way. Then every one proceeds to eviscerate him for continuing to put Griffin at risk in a game that in the grand scheme of things meant nothing. The end of this season should be about two things....

Fundamental football at EVERY position

Not getting any one injured.

Im not saying we roll over and play dead. But as our season is over and we are basically playing for draft position any way... Basic Football 101. Teach the QB to actually play QB. Figure out if ANY of our O-lineman are worth holding onto long term ( and I include Williams in this because he gets injured too often for my tastes). I think we have our starting Corners, and i even think we have a decent D-line although they are a little long in the tooth.

Problem I have with that theory is that Gruden apparently had no issue with playing McCoy even though he was hurt. What in the hell was he thinking? IMO - that (more than the decision to punt) was a terrible decision. Any of those poor decisions & poor results on their own are not that bad. However - Gruden really doesn't have many positives to counter these. To the best of my knowledge his only real pluses at this time are the rout of the Jags, the upset of the Boys and calling out RG3 during that press conference. Otherwise - honestly what has the guy accomplished this season?

I would be thrilled if Gruden proves everyone wrong & shows us that he is a worthy NFL coach next season - assuming he is still in DC.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem I have with that theory is that Gruden apparently had no issue with playing McCoy even though he was hurt. What in the hell was he thinking? IMO - that (more than the decision to punt) was a terrible decision. Any of those poor decisions & poor results on their own are not that bad. However - Gruden really doesn't have many positives to counter these. To the best of my knowledge his only real pluses at this time are the rout of the Jags, the upset of the Boys and calling out RG3 during that press conference. Otherwise - honestly what has the guy accomplished this season?

I would be thrilled if Gruden proves everyone wrong & shows us that he is a worthy NFL coach next season - assuming he is still in DC.

3 wins, a recurring circus, and of course "It wasn't like this in Cincinnati"

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think we need to ease off the Gruden gutting for the moment. Think about it guys. Even if Gruden totally shits the bed next year, it will be better than the likelihood of the type of coach we could expect to get if we fire Gruden right now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont like gruden , either country , got it :suds:

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I didn't get Colt McCoy hurts his neck against the Rams; yes he gets cleared to play by the Dr but knowing Colt McCoy has a bad neck we activate 2 QB's on Sunday against the Giants, also in the 1st half we were doing rollouts and bootlegs but in the 2nd half we weren't doing the rollout or bootlegs

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think we need to ease off the Gruden gutting for the moment. Think about it guys. Even if Gruden totally shits the bed next year, it will be better than the likelihood of the type of coach we could expect to get if we fire Gruden right now.

NP. How about in return you ease off your 24/7 rants about RG3? The problems for this team go well beyond both of these guys.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NP. How about in return you ease off your 24/7 rants about RG3? The problems for this team go well beyond both of these guys.

Actually when is the last time I have ranted about Griffin?? To paraphrase Denny Greene... he is what I thought he was all along. And yes this team does have much larger issues at the moment than Griffin (Although I do still think getting him helped accelerate the slide).