• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Janzen Jackson dismissed from Tennessee

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
University of Tennessee head football coach Derek Dooley announced Wednesday that junior defensive back Janzen Jackson has been dismissed from the Tennessee football team.

“Our program has devoted a tremendous amount of energy, resources, support, and care in an effort to help Janzen manage his personal challenges,” said Dooley. “I will always be there to help him as a person, but there comes a time when a player’s actions preclude him from the privilege of playing for the University of Tennessee football team.

“Although I’m disappointed with this outcome, we will never compromise the long-term organizational values and goals we maintain here at Tennessee.”

Jackson, from Lake Charles, La., played in 23 career games (22 starts) in two seasons with the Vols from 2009-10. He earned Coaches’ All-SEC Second Team honors in 2010, when he tied for the team lead in interceptions with five and led the Tennessee secondary with 69 tackles. Jackson finishes his Tennessee career with six interceptions, 106 tackles, and 15 passes defended.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is too bad but he had his chances.

Santana8907

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Being from Lake Charles myself, what a massive waste of talent this kid turned out to be.