• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

janoris jenkins has 4 kids?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kinda fuckin baby requires 50K a month in child support? The system is is fucked up.

I blame the judges and lawyers on this one. To me, it doesn't matter how much you can afford to pay outside reasonable minimum or maximum limits. It doesn't matter if the child would have had so much better life had their been a family. These judgments are based upon these two ideas which drive me crazy (relatively). I don't have any children out of wedlock or divorces, but I've had colleagues tell me about how hard they've fought for custody, lost, and get hammered on child support. None of them were hit for 50K of course and they got visitation rights, but the system is skewed. In one case, I know the mother and she's as irresponsible as hell. My colleague was very responsible as far as money, circle of friends, temper, education, etc., except for dating this woman (this wasn't a one night stand). He gets to visit his daughter every other weekend and pay a lot to support her shopping, basically. I know not every situation is like this, but he either had really poor attorneys or the system is rigged.

I think that if you are as reasonable as the mother, work as hard as the mother, dedicate time like she does, and try to get custody, outside of mental problems or criminal behavior, custody should be split and child support minimal (assuming one or the other make too little and the other a bit more). These things can be supported by affidavits, testifying, etc. Nothing's ideal and I can understand not making kids switch every four days, but there's something wrong when the person who doesn't get to have their kids has to pay a lot. If you run away or fake it for the judge, I have no sympathy.

Oh, and this is in general, nothing to do with Jenkins or athletes that likely can't/won't be there for the kids.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me, I got caught up in the general discussion of child support. I see now that your statement was in reference to the op. I agree with you.... :yield:

you quoted what CC posted, so i didnt think you were only talking about jenkins and college kids...

It's all good. I could have been more clear.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the judges and lawyers on this one. To me, it doesn't matter how much you can afford to pay outside reasonable minimum or maximum limits. It doesn't matter if the child would have had so much better life had their been a family. These judgments are based upon these two ideas which drive me crazy (relatively). I don't have any children out of wedlock or divorces, but I've had colleagues tell me about how hard they've fought for custody, lost, and get hammered on child support. None of them were hit for 50K of course and they got visitation rights, but the system is skewed. In one case, I know the mother and she's as irresponsible as hell. My colleague was very responsible as far as money, circle of friends, temper, education, etc., except for dating this woman (this wasn't a one night stand). He gets to visit his daughter every other weekend and pay a lot to support her shopping, basically. I know not every situation is like this, but he either had really poor attorneys or the system is rigged.

I think that if you are as reasonable as the mother, work as hard as the mother, dedicate time like she does, and try to get custody, outside of mental problems or criminal behavior, custody should be split and child support minimal (assuming one or the other make too little and the other a bit more). These things can be supported by affidavits, testifying, etc. Nothing's ideal and I can understand not making kids switch every four days, but there's something wrong when the person who doesn't get to have their kids has to pay a lot. If you run away or fake it for the judge, I have no sympathy.

Oh, and this is in general, nothing to do with Jenkins or athletes that likely can't/won't be there for the kids.

It might not be every situation when it comes to the father but it seems pretty damn close! It seems like the Judges in most cases label the father a home wrecker and therefore has to pay the consequences of said action. They dont take anything into consideration either when it comes to the father.
I have a friend that had to sell his house, car, and could only afford to rent a room. The mother could afford a house with extra rooms, a BMW, and the child was walking around with holey shoes! I remember we took him to the mall for new shoes and he had no problem buying his son shoes but we both thought, "isnt that what the support is for?''.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
College students with no income shouldn't be breeding like rabbits.

Its even worse than that....I was reading up on Parrish Cox, and saw that he had a bunch of kids coming out of college - and he had a few of them in HIGH SCHOOL. Nobody should be acting like there is a single iota of thought or responsibility or anything like that going into these things. I mean, I hate to sound like some kind of uptight ninny, but what the fuck could possibly be going on in your brain when you do things like that? I suppose there could be some assumption that someday they will have unlimited money and can afford unlimited kids.......which would at least be some kind of logic, if ridiculous.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a football superstar, I would get snipped. That shit is easily reversible now. I would get snipped and when a girl tried to say I knocked her up, whoops....guess not!

Not exactly. The procedure itself is easily reversible. The problem is, after a certain time period (not long, like 6 months to a year), the body targets sperm cells as bacteria, and codes to attack them with white blood cells. So while the procedure can be "undone," so to speak, there is no guarantee that virility returns. You're at a fraction of the ability, pre-vasectomy, to have live rounds.

Not that this should stop athletes from having them. In my opinion, it would be a good idea for anybody on scholarship to get one.

That last sentence probably isn't going to make me too many friends, though.

Mandatory llama: :llama:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its even worse than that....I was reading up on Parrish Cox, and saw that he had a bunch of kids coming out of college - and he had a few of them in HIGH SCHOOL. Nobody should be acting like there is a single iota of thought or responsibility or anything like that going into these things. I mean, I hate to sound like some kind of uptight ninny, but what the fuck could possibly be going on in your brain when you do things like that? I suppose there could be some assumption that someday they will have unlimited money and can afford unlimited kids.......which would at least be some kind of logic, if ridiculous.

Ding!

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gained custody of my daughter in 2002. Her mom has not been apart of her life or paid support for almost 10 yrs. They finally sent her a notice to start paying the calculated amount of 4000.00 dollars over that 10 yrs. LOL I wonder how they calculated that amount? She goes to the courts crying about the economy, having two more kids on a welfare income, and they suspended the amount so she wont gain interest until she gets a job.

I have never ever heard of them doing this for men!

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel sorry for these guys at all. Be responsible and don't have a 4 baby mommas and you should be fine. Blame everyone you want but the athlete is to blame for getting all these chicks preggo.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel sorry for these guys at all. Be responsible and don't have a 4 baby mommas and you should be fine. Blame everyone you want but the athlete is to blame for getting all these chicks preggo.

Plus One!

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gained custody of my daughter in 2002. Her mom has not been apart of her life or paid support for almost 10 yrs. They finally sent her a notice to start paying the calculated amount of 4000.00 dollars over that 10 yrs. LOL I wonder how they calculated that amount? She goes to the courts crying about the economy, having two more kids on a welfare income, and they suspended the amount so she wont gain interest until she gets a job.

I have never ever heard of them doing this for men!

Insurance rubric. Men under 25 cause the majority of havoc on the road. Is that your problem if you've never caused a wreck, or gotten a ticket? Yes. Same principle. Is it right? No. But it is playing the odds.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Word. Blame the woman for "trapping" the poor dumbass who refused to control his destiny if you'd like. I find it entirely pathetic.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
child support is the screwing you get for the screwing you did. Don't want to be in the position don't do it or wrap it.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
child support is the screwing you get for the screwing you did. Don't want to be in the position don't do it or wrap it.

Hilarious! I have never heard it put quite like that - that's just about perfect.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. I was speaking for those who get divorced, though I've never had to go through that and never will. And there's always some blame for anyone who gets divorced, whether that be picking the wrong person, being the wrong person, rushing in, being abusive, being drunk in Vegas, not communicating, being too cheap/spending too much, etc. Those who are never getting married, either one night stands or bfgf, strap one on or make the payments. I do feel bad about custody and visitation rights regardless. A little OT: when I was a kid and heard abstinence doesn't work, I thought shit, how am I going to stop getting someone else pregnant if not having sex isn't good enough? Just kidding, I didn't think that, but when people say abstinence doesn't work, that's what I immediately think (I know the point is that teaching abstinence doesn't work because kids/college-students/young-adults/old-adults won't listen or resist the urge).

Last edited by a moderator:

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy shouldn't be a first rounder. In my opinion he was overrated in college and he can't seem to shed this "thug mentality"... he'll always be a liability.