• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Franklin is tearing Vandy a new one

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
speaking of that. I was told Franklin had a disaster of a press conference. r*pe cover up question was asked and it went down hill.

I haven't seen anything on that not even in Tweets so I really can't comment.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
speaking of that. I was told Franklin had a disaster of a press conference. r*pe cover up question was asked and it went down hill.

I didn't hear anything about the r*pe stuff, but he killed it during the parts I was listening to, he was engaging to almost an annoying level. He is a great salesman at the very least, and if he is genuine Penn State is about the perfect fit for him.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

haven't heard of this, but why in the world would that question even be asked to Franklin? He has nothing at all to do with that. Reporters need to realize not ask such stupid questions for someone that has absolutely no connections to that.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that's possible. But it's also possible that he promised them lots of money, and if he's not at Vandy, they won't get paid. So they have to go to Penn State to get their cash. (as long as we're making up scenarios).

This whole thread is about making up scenarios, unless somebody has some inside information. All we know for a fact is that commits who were going to Vandy are now following Franklin to PSU. For all you know, its because Franklin has some evil mind-control device.

In other words, welcome to the world of internet forums.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't plan on playing football afterwards then Vandy is definitely the better choice.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't plan on playing football afterwards then Vandy is definitely the better choice.

Meh, kids get drafted from any school. No one at Vandy with NFL potential is getting overlooked.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haven't heard of this, but why in the world would that question even be asked to Franklin? He has nothing at all to do with that. Reporters need to realize not ask such stupid questions for someone that has absolutely no connections to that.
--
Apparently, at the end of the conference a reporter asked "Given the history at PSU what questions dd the University asking you regarding the r*pe allegations you were recently involved with at Vandy". I forgot about his Vandy issues.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. vandy is only 20 spots ahead of psu in us news. of those 20 spots only 11 are FBS schools. so as much as everyone wants to raise a big stink about franklin telling commits to "screw the value of a degree" vandy & psu are basically a 10 vs a 9.5.

2. how many vandy/SEC fans are going to call this "a lateral move" now?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the coach wanted you and you had to choose between Vanderbilt or Penn State? Where you going?

Easily Vandy. Better academics, better competition, plus Nashville > Happy Valley....

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the coach wanted you and you had to choose between Vanderbilt or Penn State? Where you going?
For the next 4 years, PSU may not be the better deal. They aren't out of the woods yet on the penalties ... just ask USC fans how the residue of scholarship limitations work. And, no Bowl for at least 2 years.

That said, I can easily see kids following Franklin to PSU.

I still like Franklin, but this shows the hypocrisy that exists ... here is Franklin just a few years ago:

"It was less than two years ago that Franklin stood before a signing-day crowd supporters at Vanderbilt's Student Life Center and said players who decommitted from his program were not "men of honor" and "men of integrity."

Fucker!

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the next 4 years, PSU may not be the better deal. They aren't out of the woods yet on the penalties ... just ask USC fans how the residue of scholarship limitations work. And, no Bowl for at least 2 years.

That said, I can easily see kids following Franklin to PSU.

I still like Franklin, but this shows the hypocrisy that exists ... here is Franklin just a few years ago:

"It was less than two years ago that Franklin stood before a signing-day crowd supporters at Vanderbilt's Student Life Center and said players who decommitted from his program were not "men of honor" and "men of integrity."

Fucker!

gimmie a break.....
larger fanbase
larger stadium
better facilities

and ask USC how the scholarship restrictions affected them? um they came off the bowl ban #1 in the preseason polls. it was lane kiffen who did the most damage to that program not the ncaa.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

--
Apparently, at the end of the conference a reporter asked "Given the history at PSU what questions dd the University asking you regarding the r*pe allegations you were recently involved with at Vandy". I forgot about his Vandy issues.

A bush-league reporter from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette got bent out of shape when Franklin said "Penn State will dominate the state in recruiting" then when another person asked "are you throwing down the gauntlet to pitt" he responded with "no disrespect to pitt but we are Penn State"

They media tried to take it down shortly thereafter but he responded in a classy way and the AD stepped in and assured everyone that the vetting process was thorough.... I saw a blurb later on 6 oclock news that was leading up to the sports report & the only thing the pittsburgh media said was in regards to the r*pe thing.

The media sickens me, Franklin killed the presser.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bush-league reporter from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette got bent out of shape when Franklin said "Penn State will dominate the state in recruiting" then when another person asked "are you throwing down the gauntlet to pitt" he responded with "no disrespect to pitt but we are Penn State"

They media tried to take it down shortly thereafter but he responded in a classy way and the AD stepped in and assured everyone that the vetting process was thorough.... I saw a blurb later on 6 oclock news that was leading up to the sports report & the only thing the pittsburgh media said was in regards to the r*pe thing.

The media sickens me, Franklin killed the presser.

Franklin has been suspected of helping cover up a r*pe. I actually think it is a relevant question, given the history. One that PSU admin and fans could certainly do without, but not one that it ridiculous to ask.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin has been suspected of helping cover up a r*pe. I actually think it is a relevant question, given the history. One that PSU admin and fans could certainly do without, but not one that it ridiculous to ask.

It shouldn't matter what school/job he was taking. It should be relevant no matter where he went.

Things were quadruple checked. The fact that PSU hired him should make you feel more confident that he was not involved in a coverup.