• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jagr?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, the top two lines are going to be a threat to score at all times with Briere, Giroux, Jagr, JvR and Voracek in the mix. It looks like the third and fourth lines will be great checking lines that'll still have the ability to wreak havoc in the offensive zone and chip in a few goals. I don't know that Nodl will make the starting roster. It's tough to say at this point. Do you take him over Couturier? There's no place for Shelley on this team, so it's probably not a bad thing that he got suspended.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Couturier hasnt impressed me. Not worth wasting a year of his ELC for this year

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take him over Nodl, Talbot, *******, Sestitio, Read, and several others.

not for the role thats going to be filled.. at least imo.. couturier needs to be groomed to be a star and playing him on the flyers 3rd line isn't going to do that.. i wish he could play in the AHL and take a step forward in competition level and still be the go-to guy for offense.. i think its a stuipd rule that he cant play in the AHL

(yes i realize he's projected as a two-way center, but i'm sure the flyers brass is looking for enough offense that he can hold down a top 6 role)

i think read fits the 3rd line slot with simmonds/hartnell and schenn perfectly.. slide talbot and nodl to the 4th line to play with betts and put shelley on the waiver wire

Last edited by a moderator:

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not for the role thats going to be filled.. at least imo.. couturier needs to be groomed to be a star and playing him on the flyers 3rd line isn't going to do that.. i wish he could play in the AHL and take a step forward in competition level and still be the go-to guy for offense.. i think its a stuipd rule that he cant play in the AHL

(yes i realize he's projected as a two-way center, but i'm sure the flyers brass is looking for enough offense that he can hold down a top 6 role)

i think read fits the 3rd line slot with simmonds/hartnell and schenn perfectly.. slide talbot and nodl to the 4th line to play with betts and put shelley on the waiver wire

Yea that is definitely a major flaw in the AHL system.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, 4 players of ours were waived today.

PHI - Jason Bacashihua
PHI - Johan Backlund
PHI - Dan Jancevski
PHI - Jon Kalinski

Jancevski should have been gone a long time ago.No surprises as far as the others go.

Damn.. I guess I'll have to throw away his bobblehead I got from Matt.. :L

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Couturier hasnt impressed me. Not worth wasting a year of his ELC for this year

I'm not saying the kid is physically or mentally ready at this point to handle the rigors of a full NHL schedule, but his poise, positioning, skating and awareness have been well above average so far this pre-season.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the kid is physically or mentally ready at this point to handle the rigors of a full NHL schedule, but his poise, positioning, skating and awareness have been well above average so far this pre-season.

He played 82 games two years ago, Tox, and 68 last year. I was gonna make a post against bringing him up for just that reason and decided to look up the stats before I looked like an ass. Obviously the Q isn't the NHL, but it's not like he's only played 30 game seasons.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right...the Q is not the NHL. Not by a long shot. The only similarity is that both leagues play hockey.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played 82 games two years ago, Tox, and 68 last year. I was gonna make a post against bringing him up for just that reason and decided to look up the stats before I looked like an ass. Obviously the Q isn't the NHL, but it's not like he's only played 30 game seasons.

hm i figured they played shorter seasons too.. lol

i think we'll get out best look at if he should play in the NHL this year during the first 9 games.. see how he does, and if he looks out of place, send him back.. if he lights up it, send someone else away (need to open up a contract, and maybe some cap space)

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
jagr doesnt need to be a great skater...but dam that boy can pick the corners...reminds me a little of shannah...at the end of his career not a great skater but you cant teach players to be great snipers...you have it or you dont...he has it...expect 25-35...bank on it...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yoooo

is all i have to say.

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
YOOOOO,

People forget how big Jagr really is!!! I mean were used to whistling at his fluffy mullet but now that we got him......embrace him.....he is one of the greats!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think we need to rest him every so often so he wont be tired come playoff time or do you think he is fit enough for the full NHL schedule?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think we need to rest him every so often so he wont be tired come playoff time or do you think he is fit enough for the full NHL schedule?

from all the articles i've read it sounds like he's probably in better shape than half the team..

but.. 1. those are articles, and 2. a 39 yr old body doesn't hold up like a 22 yr old body, regardless of the conditioning

i'm sure they'll keep an eye on it, but i bet they dont look at evaluating that until christmas time

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were saying on TV the other night that he skate with weights and a weighted stick in practice. KHL rinks are bigger so more skating. 15-16 minutes per night. Never in a millions years did I ever think I would see Jagr in Philly Orange. So far so good!!!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am more than sure he is fit, but his minutes will probably be slightly regulated regardless. Even still, he's going to get an absolute ton of power play time and you're obviously not going to see him killing any penalties. His minutes will be easier than most, but still put him in prime position to rack up points.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stand by face off dot on PP score goal. Slide into the slot on PP score goal. Pass puck to Giroux score goal. Heck this is easy stuff he'll be more than ready come playoff time! ; )

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were saying on TV the other night that he skate with weights and a weighted stick in practice. KHL rinks are bigger so more skating. 15-16 minutes per night. Never in a millions years did I ever think I would see Jagr in Philly Orange. So far so good!!!!!

lol Me either, but it's like you said...so far, so good.