• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jagr apparently staying in Omsk

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little tidbit in the Calgary Herald today...I'm sure our Russian correspondent MM213 can provide further details. I've never been to Omsk myself, but I guess it beat out Edmonton :p

BostonAJ

They fucking won?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure what's going on in that organization but Edmonton is definitely on the free agent shit list at the moment.

Bummer about Jags. Kinda doubted that he had the drive to compete in the NHL anymore. I think he's been on cruise control for awhile now.

MM213

Медведей не кормить
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just a little tidbit in the Calgary Herald today...I'm sure our Russian correspondent MM213 can provide further details. I've never been to Omsk myself, but I guess it beat out Edmonton :p
Come on, Dash, I haven't been to Russia in years :D

Jagr seems to like it in Omsk. It's the 2nd largest city in Siberia and hockey is sport number 1 there. Locals are absolutely crazy about their team and hockey arena is almoust always at full capacity.
I've heard Jagr was thinking about returning to NHL, but Edmonton was never on his list.
According to Russian news Jagr all but officially signed a new contract with Avangard (and agreed to play for half of his previous salary!)