• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

J C Copeland

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UDFA who will be Murrays best friend

Position: Fullback
Combine Height/Weight: 5-11, 271 pounds
LSU Listed Height/Weight: 6-1, 270
Hand Size: 10 inches
Arm Length: 32 inches
40-Yard Dash Time: 4.95
Bench-Press Reps (of 225 pounds): 23
Vertical Jump: 28.5 inches
Short Shuttle: 4.58/12.36
3-Cone Drill: 7.68
Broad Jump: 111 inches
Strengths

Powerful athlete with a well-built frame that allows him to distribute his power...physical player that locks on to a target, gets low and really explodes on blocks...former high-school nose tackle that is a versatile enough athlete to add dimensions to his game...quick first step and leg drive make him a solid short-yardage runner...soft hands for receiving when asked...attitude player, that relished his role in a power-based offense.
Weaknesses

Seemed to regress mentally as a senior, and lost reps to fellow fullback Connor Neighbors at LSU...struggled with his assignments in both the run and passing games a little...will occasionally get sloppy with his shoulders, dip one side and slip off a block...can get lost in traffic and struggle to find his level...could stand to lose a little weight to increase his quickness.
Verdict

J.C. Copeland is kind of a man without a country in the NFL. There aren't a lot of teams that use a dedicated fullback, and the ones that do tend to already have a guy they like in that spot. It's kind of becoming like kicker. Once teams find one they like, they don't want to go to the trouble of finding a replacement unless they feel like they have to. Copeland's not entirely a one-note player, and that'll help him, but at the same time he'll never be confused with guys like Larry Centers or Mike Tolbert that are much more versatile. That limits him. But at the same time, he's an attitude player, and it wouldn't shock me at all if a team fell in love with him somewhere from the fifth round on down.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mauler. I knew they were high on him. I read the other day they visited with him or something.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we liked Clutts

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another attempt by Jerrah to stroke his ego. He can look brilliant if this guy beats out clutz.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just like FBs. It makes me think we are serious about the running game. Clutts had that big fumble vs Washington. I know one play doesnt mean everything but ever since that one guy we had that they never could figure out what was wrong- Fiametta- I have been wanting a FB.

Copeland may not even make the team. He is huge though. I always wanted to take a flier on Jon Connor. I think he has turned into a journeyman.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just like FBs. It makes me think we are serious about the running game. Clutts had that big fumble vs Washington. I know one play doesnt mean everything but ever since that one guy we had that they never could figure out what was wrong- Fiametta- I have been wanting a FB.

Copeland may not even make the team. He is huge though. I always wanted to take a flier on Jon Connor. I think he has turned into a journeyman.

Competition is always a good thing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things that stand out other than his massive size. Lost time to fellow FB and would he be fast enough to play special teams. FBs don't normally get rotated if their main job is just to block because they already have so many plays off. Good kid to bring in as we wouldn't expect a guy without negatives to be an UDFA and we need another FB for training camp. Lets see what happens if he can lost 10 or even 20 pounds.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Clutts, but definitely see it as a spot to bring some competition in at too. Hope we keep a pure FB on the roster to start the season this year. Love just bringing the wood at a defense and running the ball down their throat and it looks like this year our OL will really be up to the task. Wear em down and shorten the game. Best thing we can do this year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really happy with this addition. Whether it's Clutts or Copeland doesn't matter to me, I just want a FB on the roster

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really happy with this addition. Whether it's Clutts or Copeland doesn't matter to me, I just want a FB on the roster

ME TOO!!!!!

The offense looked it's best when we finally started playing in the I-formation last year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ME TOO!!!!!

The offense looked it's best when we finally started playing in the I-formation last year.

No Doubt! Anyone could see Murray take off after we signed Clutts. I am hoping with the signing of Copeland, who I think is a very strong blocker, and the addition of Martin, we go out and try and run the football this year. It would make the play action game lethal, keep Romo healthy, and keep our thin defense off the field while shortening the game. There would be no negatives to running the ball 48-50% of the time

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
run game and solid defense will win you a championship

cowboys need to work on both but its spring the draft is over Like it or not.

Now its time to get to work on taking the first step setting up this years team

Go Cowboys

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a chance to look at his highlights. I would like to see him beat out clutz. He destroys linebackers and safties

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ME TOO!!!!!

Yep. Ever since he was a rookie he has run better behind a fullback, it's been proven each year IMO. That's why I don't understand why they are so stuck on 2 TE sets when that isn't our strength.

Line Murray up behind a FB and let him do his thing.

Let Clutts and this guy go at it in training camp and keep whoever wins.