• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I've Perfected The Touchless Ball Return

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the precautions that golf courses have made have pretty much been proven pointless.

For the touching precautions, I mostly agree, but hands to face as a hygiene issue is something I'm more aware of now as a result of CV19. But, that's not entirely true...it's proven to be a people to people transmitted virus.

Social distancing so far is the only thing proven to work...limiting one per cart is not proven pointless.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the touching precautions, I mostly agree, but hands to face as a hygiene issue is something I'm more aware of now as a result of CV19. But, that's not entirely true...it's proven to be a people to people transmitted virus.

Social distancing so far is the only thing proven to work...limiting one per cart is not proven pointless.
I should have said most all.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have made many upgrades and changes since I started this thread. My first versions didn't take into account how much punishment these need to take. We now have it tough as nails with all steel attach points and 1/16" 7x3 cables. The top is a two piece construction that can really take a good swipe. My courses are thrilled with them now and all the players are raving about them.

I'm hearing that those ezlyft ones with the rod attachment are breaking and my buddy says that he knows a couple of courses that had them and got rid of them.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny that it's an on-going political affair to try to get these installed at my own course. Since day one I've had to tip toe because our Super went ahead and made 18 shitty lift-out devices. He used a tube first and the ball didn't fit into the hole. After the members cried he cut away the tubing and went with a rigid rod. Not only did the rod get in the way, he used fucking electrical tape and shit like I said earlier. He got so tired of fixing them that now we've gone back to fucking foam in the holes.

Our asst pro really wants them. We played a couple of weeks ago and I gave him one to try. I said, hey, why don't we put one in the practice green and see what folks think? Oh no.....super dude would be red-assed over that so he took it and said he'd work on it. I didn't hear back from him so I figured it's dead in the water but I saw him yesterday and he said he's still working on it and he's confident that he'll be able to convince them. Lol! It's been two weeks! Super dude def has hurt feels.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with foam.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with foam.

Well that's terrific, you should start a thread. My buddy's putt on Saturday did the 180 and rolled up off the foam and out of the hole.

So you're cool with that.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I typed a bit too soon when I said that I had perfected the ball return. I definitely had some issues off the start but I have this fucking thing bulletproof now. It can take all sorts of punishment and still work just fine.

The Country Club of Greenfield is one of the courses where I kept updating until they were working perfectly. My FIL sent me this pic in the paper of my device. Notice that the lift is visually up and out of the way and that there's no rod to get in the way. Kevin the Pro there is a great guy and he's very pleased with them.

Talk to your club's management! I'll be happy to mail one set up for free to any of you who can convince your club to just set one out on the course and see what people think.

1DmVVxS.jpg