• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's That Time Again

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN's Jayson Stark, the Rays are trying to be "opportunistic" by seeing what offers they can get for Jake Odorizzi and Matt Moore.

According to Starks, Chris Archer is the only starter the Rays won't make available in a trade. Tampa Bay has excellent depth and could easily swap one of their talented arms for a productive, middle-of-the-order bat. As we've seen in the past with aces like James Shields, Matt Garza and David Price, the Rays are not afraid to pull the trigger. The Rays could very well be sellers at the upcoming Winter Meetings.

&

According to ESPN's Jayson Stark, the Indians are doing "a lot of listening" on Carlos Carrasco, Danny Salazar and Trevor Bauer.

Stark suggested the Indians could deal one of their top starters at the Winter Meetings. "They could trade one of these guys and maybe bring back a haul," said one anonymous AL executive. The same exec said Cleveland isn't likely to "sell low" on either Carraco or Salazar. That makes Bauer the Wild Card of the group. Given that starting pitching is the team's biggest strength, it's hard to picture the Indians making a move unless they're blown away by an offer.

-----------------------

It's that time again to see if Felix is worth more to others than us. He is owed around $106M over the next 4 years thru his ages 30-33 seasons. With the price of pitchers out there, you at least have to consider it especially since the Dodgers have been striking out on their free agent targets and they have the money and prospects to make it work. We get financial relief we seem to need and a whole lot of added depth.

He ranks 315 All-Time in innings pitched. Cliff Lee is 353rd, Verlander 381st. Lackey has pitched 210 innings more and is 7 years older. My point is that there is not 1 active pitcher close to his talent (a #1 if you will) that has pitched more innings than Felix. He is the old timer of the group. Not sure that is something you put on the good side of the column.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing the absurd contracts that pitchers have been signing this offseason, Felix looks like a bargain.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing the absurd contracts that pitchers have been signing this offseason, Felix looks like a bargain.

agreed which is why I asked the question. we can't/won't afford what we need to go with him maybe time to move on in a different direction while he still has value. all or nothing and i am not seeing are all.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed which is why I asked the question. we can't/won't afford what we need to go with him maybe time to move on in a different direction while he still has value. all or nothing and i am not seeing are all.

I think if you move Felix, you have to move Cruz and Cano as well. It is evidence that the front office doesn't feel a fire sale is necessary, which means the odds of Felix being traded are extremely low.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you move Felix, you have to move Cruz and Cano as well. It is evidence that the front office doesn't feel a fire sale is necessary, which means the odds of Felix being traded are extremely low.

Odds are non-existent, but that doesn't mean it should not happen. And trading a former ACE (he is a B+ pitcher now) for ready to go younger pitchers while saving $20M doesn't mean restart. If done right, it means moving forward.

If you could get Jose Fernandez, Yelich, and AJ Ramos for Felix, take it and run (and I know this would never, ever happen). Just saying how you could deal while still moving forward and improving.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds are non-existent, but that doesn't mean it should not happen. And trading a former ACE (he is a B+ pitcher now) for ready to go younger pitchers while saving $20M doesn't mean restart. If done right, it means moving forward.

If you could get Jose Fernandez, Yelich, and AJ Ramos for Felix, take it and run (and I know this would never, ever happen). Just saying how you could deal while still moving forward and improving.

I'd hold off on downgrading him from an Ace to a B+ pitcher. At times, Felix looked absolutely dominant, just like his old self, but there were just weird games where he got absolutely hammered. I believe that Felix could return to form next year, but there is an equally probable chance he could be at the point where he is a B+ pitcher.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hold off on downgrading him from an Ace to a B+ pitcher. At times, Felix looked absolutely dominant, just like his old self, but there were just weird games where he got absolutely hammered. I believe that Felix could return to form next year, but there is an equally probable chance he could be at the point where he is a B+ pitcher.

No. Big games, he fades. He is #10 on the All-Time innings pitched list. 10th! There are 4 guys ahead of him that may be done making him 6th all-time. Look at the guys ahead of him; CC (done). Lohse (done). Just behind him; Verlander (C+ stuff). He is in the land of borrowed time for SP's. I believe is the only active pitcher in the top 35 of that list under 30. That is a lot of innings in a short time.

He was tied for 13th in WAR with Hamels who was no longer an ACE either. He was .1 WAR ahead of Harvey who is not an ACE. Heck, Lackey was a 5.6 WAR compared to his 4.4. Sorry, I may be in the minority but he is a B+ SP right now.

Gallardo was a 4.1 and Quintana a 4.0. He is currently in a lower neighborhood.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've wanted them to trade Felix for a couple years now, if they could get a kings ransom which was/is likely.

Getting top prospects and using his 25M per to spend on free agents seems like the way to go imo.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to trade Felix. Couple die hard Cubs fans in Chicago (they know their baseball, trust me) and even they were like, "MAYBE Bryant, but it would take Felix and a couple others for sure." This was before Bryant locked up ROY (early season) but hell yah I would've done that.