• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's official: Jameis Winston will be a bust

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This is an old article, but I just heard it today on the radio:

FSU's Jameis Winston plans to continue playing baseball - NFL.com

Baseball is like poison to a QB's career. Any QB who plays baseball will invariably suck in the NFL. Ask the Dallas Cowboys. (Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, Quincy Carter).

By the way, in case you were wondering how Quincy's been since retiring from the NFL: he's been arrested like 6 or 7 times since then.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he still be your Bust Pick for next year if it's this obvious to you this year? I suppose it would be based upon the "experts" belief on him, but I've heard you disqualify others based on obviousness (to you).

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about washed up basketball players trying to play baseball?

Tracy McGrady makes hitters uncomfortable

McGrady pitching tryout (taken from a side view)

McGrady throwing to Roger's boy, Koby Clemens (Behind home plate angle)

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His pitching mechanics are bad. He needs a lot of work. He needs to finish the pitch. He is throwing all arm in those clips.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Real GM:

Jameis Winston served as a counselor at the Manning Passing Academy over the weekend and aspires to be a quarterback like a Manning.

"I'm an observer," Winston told reporters, "so I just observe the way (Peyton) does things. He's so detail-oriented. And how he carries himself -- I'm really trying to see how he carries himself because I want to be the guy 10, 15 years from now that's viewed like a Peyton Manning or an Eli or an Archie."

Winston has a national title ring and a Heisman Trophy.

Winston is onto something. I see a lot of Peyton Manning in him:

Woman named Peyton Manning arrested in Nashville on felony drug charges | FOX Sports on MSN

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real GM:

Jameis Winston served as a counselor at the Manning Passing Academy over the weekend and aspires to be a quarterback like a Manning.

"I'm an observer," Winston told reporters, "so I just observe the way (Peyton) does things. He's so detail-oriented. And how he carries himself -- I'm really trying to see how he carries himself because I want to be the guy 10, 15 years from now that's viewed like a Peyton Manning or an Eli or an Archie."

Winston has a national title ring and a Heisman Trophy.

Winston is onto something. I see a lot of Peyton Manning in him:

Woman named Peyton Manning arrested in Nashville on felony drug charges | FOX Sports on MSN

I think it would have been funny if you forgot to place the link. We could quote you on it and you would have to explain that you weren't really saying that like how deep9er denies the sub-par draft comment, except we'd believe you. Just kidding, I don't know the draft well so it's not for me to judge.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about washed up basketball players trying to play baseball?

Tracy McGrady makes hitters uncomfortable

McGrady pitching tryout (taken from a side view)

McGrady throwing to Roger's boy, Koby Clemens (Behind home plate angle)

This is so lame. It takes alot more than a 90MPH fastball to be a successful pitcher in the Major Leagues. Merkin Valdez was a big prospect for the Giants. Could through a 95 to 97 MPH fastball and ended up being a bust

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it would have been funny if you forgot to place the link. We could quote you on it and you would have to explain that you weren't really saying that like how deep9er denies the sub-par draft comment, except we'd believe you. Just kidding, I don't know the draft well so it's not for me to judge.

just kidding??!!

:-)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: he is still a kid though hopefully he will keep maturing and realize his eminence talent.

Speech to text or auto-correct? ;) (I'm assuming you were saying "immense".)

OT: I have always wanted to pull the "assuming makes an ass out of you and me" spiel when someone assumes something benign and normally assumed, correctly. And then say, you are correct.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny this thread got resurrected because yesterday Tracy McGrady got his first career strike out as a pitcher for the Sugar Land Skeeters!

.....and then promptly retired.

The Skeeters website sez McGrady's career stat line is:
4 Games (started?!)
6.2 Innings
4 Hits
5 Earned Runs
10 Walks
0 Strike Outs (except for the SO above during yesterdays all star game)
6.75 ERA

I only hope the Skeeters can fill the 87 MPH fastball sized void left by McGrady.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

were you even here when that draft thing was going on?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
were you even here when that draft thing was going on?

I was there with you guys on ESPN and then here, but I rarely ever post on the draft. I don't know enough about college football or positions outside of QB - and even then, it's all opinion.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was there with you guys on ESPN and then here, but I rarely ever post on the draft. I don't know enough about college football or positions outside of QB - and even then, it's all opinion.

ok, was just wondering.

yep, that's what a few posters lost track of.........its all opinion. not going to name names, but some thought their draft opinions were gospel.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah he won't be a Bust. The kid can ball and he is a pocket QB that can run. He looks to pass first.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
nah he won't be a Bust. The kid can ball and he is a pocket QB that can run. He looks to pass first.

if there was a way to separate football play versus off field items, agree he won't bust. he can perform on the field of play no doubt. but just can't help think his off field issues indicate a STRONG problem with his character? not a criminally bad character, and not only immaturity either, just an "aloofness" to the proper way to behave.

no one is perfect but when you expect to be a top NFL QB, expect to be a high draft pick, this kind of aloofness won't cut it. don't think any team will draft him round 1, unless a bad team trades up into LATE round 1.