• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Cowboys Week

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he's grown so accustomed to wentz missing him, it's like why bother making it look close. now foles.. foles.. i'm saying, foles.. nick foles would have put some air under it and led him to the sidelines, where he would have caught it and rolled in for the TD.

tons of air under that ball... Nelson just did what Nelson does...

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
na, na, na, na. weren't you just one of the guys wanting ramsey? talking about crapshoot picks and all that? now because of one game, you're on the opposite view?

I absolutely was ... the dude locks in on the opponents best WR and makes things a ton easier for everyone else. He could have been a huge upgrade to the 2ndary which allows more time for the D to get to the QB. But guess what, we didn't get him and there's no other All Pro 24 year old beast Corner out there to be had. So we're stuck with our crap 2ndary and we're not going anywhere since we can't put the claps on even average WR's. Look at the upgrade Minkah Fitzpatrick did to Pittsburgh D. But nooooo, we can't give away those priceless draft picks for a proven stud like Ramsey .... nooooo, we have to make sure we draft more Nelson Agholors with them.

Rooney On Minkah Fitzpatrick: 'I Think He's Made A Difference In Our Defense' - Steelers Depot

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely was ... the dude locks in on the opponents best WR and makes things a ton easier for everyone else. He could have been a huge upgrade to the 2ndary which allows more time for the D to get to the QB. But guess what, we didn't get him and there's no other All Pro 24 year old beast Corner out there to be had. So we're stuck with our crap 2ndary and we're not going anywhere since we can't put the claps on even average WR's. Look at the upgrade Minkah Fitzpatrick did to Pittsburgh D. But nooooo, we can't give away those priceless draft picks for a proven stud like Ramsey .... nooooo, we have to make sure we draft more Nelson Agholors with them.

Rooney On Minkah Fitzpatrick: 'I Think He's Made A Difference In Our Defense' - Steelers Depot

i don't disagree. the odds of getting a player like these guys in the draft is clearly not good. they would be a huge upgrade to the team. however, you have to take into account age, money and other factors. we cannot give up multiple picks for a player like ramsey when the team as a whole is so old and poor. we're not just drafting one position. we need help everywhere.. and they don't need to be immediate superstars, or ever turn out to be one. we just need depth and guys capable of making some plays.

you lose two 1st rounders and a 4th on ramsey, and what happens? QB's locate him and just throw everywhere else. ramsey can't replace 3, 4 poor corners. at this point i'd rather sign a couple of solid vets to play corner and keep 3 picks instead. as bad as the secondary is, we need to draft some linebackers.

even the 4th rounder is important. we got josh sweat in 2018. we could have drafted tarik cohen instead of hollins in the 4th in 2017. vaitai was a 5th in 2016. hicks was a 3rd in 2015. kelce was a 6th in 2011.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't disagree. the odds of getting a player like these guys in the draft is clearly not good. they would be a huge upgrade to the team. however, you have to take into account age, money and other factors. we cannot give up multiple picks for a player like ramsey when the team as a whole is so old and poor. we're not just drafting one position. we need help everywhere.. and they don't need to be immediate superstars, or ever turn out to be one. we just need depth and guys capable of making some plays.

you lose two 1st rounders and a 4th on ramsey, and what happens? QB's locate him and just throw everywhere else. ramsey can't replace 3, 4 poor corners. at this point i'd rather sign a couple of solid vets to play corner and keep 3 picks instead. as bad as the secondary is, we need to draft some linebackers.

even the 4th rounder is important. we got josh sweat in 2018. we could have drafted tarik cohen instead of hollins in the 4th in 2017. vaitai was a 5th in 2016. hicks was a 3rd in 2015. kelce was a 6th in 2011.

Age is no factor with Ramsey ... I have said nothing regarding Patrick Peterson and Chris Harris because those guys are almost at the end of the line. We need youth as well as talent and Ramsey would have gotten us both. Yes, with a guy like Ramsey teams will look to throw elsewhere, but that takes away a big part of the field and makes it easier to scheme with extra help on the other side. Since we didn't get him though we are pretty much screwed because there is no long term surefire answer. Jalen Mills actually didn't look horrible and may have been competent as our #2 moving forward with Ramsey on the opposite side .... but shoulda coulda woulda ... With our current situation I don't see an answer in our 2ndary. We are now "forced" to hit on draft picks which like I've said is always a crap shoot.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to get any easier with Buffalo next week in Buffalo
Buffalo defense is going to shut us out. I'm probably going to sell my tickets. Buffalo defense is legit and they have Come Beasley who has killed us in the past.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Wentz
"We didn't show up".
It's the bleeping Cowboys and they did NOT show up.
PATHETIC.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Age is no factor with Ramsey ... I have said nothing regarding Patrick Peterson and Chris Harris because those guys are almost at the end of the line. We need youth as well as talent and Ramsey would have gotten us both. Yes, with a guy like Ramsey teams will look to throw elsewhere, but that takes away a big part of the field and makes it easier to scheme with extra help on the other side. Since we didn't get him though we are pretty much screwed because there is no long term surefire answer. Jalen Mills actually didn't look horrible and may have been competent as our #2 moving forward with Ramsey on the opposite side .... but shoulda coulda woulda ... With our current situation I don't see an answer in our 2ndary. We are now "forced" to hit on draft picks which like I've said is always a crap shoot.

Rey, I've ben an Eagles draftnik for a looooooong time. Anymore, I doubt we have the scouts to find any gems, and Howie would rather trade up for a player, and sometimes missed out on those "studs". We just can't draft. The whole scouting dept is inept. I think looking back, that Joe Douglas was overrated too. Unless Howie over ruled him. We have no bright future with this team.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey, I've ben an Eagles draftnik for a looooooong time. Anymore, I doubt we have the scouts to find any gems, and Howie would rather trade up for a player, and sometimes missed out on those "studs". We just can't draft. The whole scouting dept is inept. I think looking back, that Joe Douglas was overrated too. Unless Howie over ruled him. We have no bright future with this team.

I don't think Howie has final say in personnel. He is the deal maker for sure but not the person deciding who gets picked if I am understanding it correctly.