• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's begun. Lions hire outside party to find new GM and Prez.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parcells is garbage now, has been for awhile. Sole reason Miami is still struggling, ever since he passed on Matt Ryan for Jake Long. This is also the only reason anyone wanted the Lions to take Jason Smith the year after, because "genius" Bill Parcells took a LT over a franchise QB. :crazy:

I'm not impressed w Casserly based on his work on NFL network. Just something about him. He's young enough to still be a GM in this league and never gets a sniff. He also built the Texans pre-Watt era, no? Not much of a resume there.

I know the jury was out on Matt Ryan. Not everybody considered him a franchise QB. Jake Long was a beast before injuries derailed his career as well.

Casserly did have the balls to take Mario Williams when everybody and anybody was saying Reggie Bush was the next Barry Sanders or whatever. The thing with Casserly is he's probably just a cranky old fucker that nobody likes being around.

Polian is the biggest name but literally rode Manning's coat tails to his championship and consistently couldn't build a defense to compliment Manning. Along with having a bunch of barren drafts, ala Mini-Millen.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not have a choice the ways things are going in Baltimore this year. At least that is what Swarm was hinting at. He may be right.
Bill Parcells always said its best to get out a year early than a year too late.

However, I think Harbaugh will get out at just the right time when he gets canned the day after the season ends.

Won't matter, Caldwell's lame duck ass will be back for a third year.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not impressed w Casserly based on his work on NFL network. Just something about him. He's young enough to still be a GM in this league and never gets a sniff. He also built the Texans pre-Watt era, no? Not much of a resume there.

IMO you're way off on Casserly. Great resume from his past. I would say he is not in tune with today's NFL. Still old school. He was huge in building "The Hogs" with Bethard. Part of 3 or 4 SBs? Can't member off top of my head. I felt that was Snyders downfall in letting him go. He wanted a puppet he could control and not make decisions for him.

With Texans, he also drafted some great talent. Towards the end of his stay there is were I see see him not adapting to the changes as the NFL evolved. Why I still feel he has old school. I do agree I would not want him advising in today's game. I just don't see saying not much of a resume. He's got to be pushing 70 these days. Can't consider that young enough, can you?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the jury was out on Matt Ryan. Not everybody considered him a franchise QB. Jake Long was a beast before injuries derailed his career as well.

Casserly did have the balls to take Mario Williams when everybody and anybody was saying Reggie Bush was the next Barry Sanders or whatever. The thing with Casserly is he's probably just a cranky old fucker that nobody likes being around.

Polian is the biggest name but literally rode Manning's coat tails to his championship and consistently couldn't build a defense to compliment Manning. Along with having a bunch of barren drafts, ala Mini-Millen.

Great point about Mario. Forgot about that.

After 15 years of trying and failing to be the Colts, no Polians or Dungy's.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was screaming for Miami to take Matt Ryan. And I'm a MI fan. Drove me insane that Lions world wanted Jason Smith JUST because Parcell's took Long the year before. Had he taken Ryan, Stafford would have been the overwhelming favorite to be drafted by this town.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point about Mario. Forgot about that.

After 15 years of trying and failing to be the Colts, no Polians or Dungy's.

Actually I would like Dungy, not Polian.

Dungy was instrumental in building the Bucs right before Gruden came in and won with his pre-made team. Then got a championship later with Manning. If Polian knew anything about building a defense, Manning would have 3 rings.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I would like Dungy, not Polian.

Dungy was instrumental in building the Bucs right before Gruden came in and won with his pre-made team. Then got a championship later with Manning. If Polian knew anything about building a defense, Manning would have 3 rings.

Ya but the Tampa 2 D is old news, look at the Bears and Bucs. Plus, Dungy has assisted twice now in helping us find HC's, backing both Marinelli and Caldwell. Dungy would not be a fresh start.