• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's begun. Lions hire outside party to find new GM and Prez.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could leave Xanders in head of scouting, wouldn't upset me either.

They'll leave it up to the GM. He prob get an interview.

Each day, John Harbaugh becomes a more realistic option for our next HC.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The last guy from MI who coached this team did not fair so well.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last guy from MI who coached this team did not fair so well.

OMG u haters are just gonna shit on whoever the new guy is I can feel it! Where's my slippers?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think Harbaugh is going to leave his alma mater and rich tradition of winning that the U of M has for Martha and the sorry ass Leo's?

No way, no how. I don't care how many gummers she gives him.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Harbaugh is going to leave his alma mater and rich tradition of winning that the U of M has for Martha and the sorry ass Leo's?

John not Jim. We will have no more coaches named Jim. Just like we will have no more GMs that are MM.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John not Jim. We will have no more coaches named Jim. Just like we will have no more GMs that are MM.

Oh ok. Confused about that. John is going to leave the Raven's for the Leo's? Highly doubt it.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok. Confused about that. John is going to leave the Raven's for the Leo's? Highly doubt it.

He may not have a choice the ways things are going in Baltimore this year. At least that is what Swarm was hinting at. He may be right.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

John Harbaugh. Not Jim. Yes, I think John Harbaugh is a very realistic option here.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost in the excitement surrounding the 3rd greatest W streak going in the NFL, is the fact that the Lions officially hired Ernie Acorsi to lead the search for new GM.

Lions hire Ernie Accorsi to guide GM search

Accorsi, 74, has been the general manager for the Baltimore Colts (1982-83), Cleveland Browns (1985-92) and New York Giants (1998-2007). Accorsi, who is a member of the NFL's 10-person career development advisory panel, served as in a similar capacity as a consultant for the Chicago Bears last year and for the Carolina Panthers in 2012-14.

Accorsi will work with the Lions' own internal advisory board, which consists of owner Martha Ford and her children. The Lions had several options for other veteran consultants, such as Bill Polian, Bill Parcells and Charley Casserly.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost in the excitement surrounding the 3rd greatest W streak going in the NFL, is the fact that the Lions officially hired Ernie Acorsi to lead the search for new GM.

Lions hire Ernie Accorsi to guide GM search

Accorsi, 74, has been the general manager for the Baltimore Colts (1982-83), Cleveland Browns (1985-92) and New York Giants (1998-2007). Accorsi, who is a member of the NFL's 10-person career development advisory panel, served as in a similar capacity as a consultant for the Chicago Bears last year and for the Carolina Panthers in 2012-14.

Accorsi will work with the Lions' own internal advisory board, which consists of owner Martha Ford and her children. The Lions had several options for other veteran consultants, such as Bill Polian, Bill Parcells and Charley Casserly.

Damn, I would of took Parcells or Casserly. Casserly is in good with the NFL and might of put a good word in with Goddell and got some ref's to make some extra calls on our behalf.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I would of took Parcells or Casserly. Casserly is in good with the NFL and might of put a good word in with Goddell and got some ref's to make some extra calls on our behalf.

Parcells is garbage now, has been for awhile. Sole reason Miami is still struggling, ever since he passed on Matt Ryan for Jake Long. This is also the only reason anyone wanted the Lions to take Jason Smith the year after, because "genius" Bill Parcells took a LT over a franchise QB. :crazy:

I'm not impressed w Casserly based on his work on NFL network. Just something about him. He's young enough to still be a GM in this league and never gets a sniff. He also built the Texans pre-Watt era, no? Not much of a resume there.