• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's begun. Lions hire outside party to find new GM and Prez.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should just save some money and use accounttemps.:dhd:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. I wonder if they could use the service to find a head coach too or maybe a couple offensive linemen.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't won't them to hurry, but be nice for someone to start evaluating early. I realize there's film. Mayhew's replacement can use any advantage possible. Although I still doubt anything is done before We ring in the new year

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if TPaul is going to turn in an application.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. I wonder if they could use the service to find a head coach too or maybe a couple offensive linemen.

They should hire Bob. He is liked and respected everywhere. Ask anyone who uses AT.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is going to have to stock up his liquor cabinet then.

Meow is the only guy I know who can out drink Lewand and pop more pills than Irsay combined. He'd be a huge hit at owners meetings. The cap lectures would be epic.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but you're going to have to be extremely creative. If you get a slew of bullshits, it won't be because you're wrong, but because it's already been said here.

These guys wanted to apply for the job too, but we have said expressly no more MMs

mandm.png

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP

The Lions are looking for some outside help for the next wave of executives to try to turn things around there.

According to Josh Katzenstein of the Detroit News, longtime Cowboys executive Gil Brandt said the Lions have retained Chicago search firm Heidrick & Struggles to help them find a new team president and General Manager.

Heidrick & Struggles is identified as helping the NFL hire Paul Tagliabue as commissioner in 1989, though Tagliabue was already working for the league at that time.

Teams hiring search firms isn’t unusual (the Jets paid for one to find John Idzik for them in 2013), and Lions owner Martha Firestone Ford made it clear upon firing Tom Lewand and Martin Mayhew they were beginning a national search.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP

The Lions are looking for some outside help for the next wave of executives to try to turn things around there.

According to Josh Katzenstein of the Detroit News, longtime Cowboys executive Gil Brandt said the Lions have retained Chicago search firm Heidrick & Struggles to help them find a new team president and General Manager.

Heidrick & Struggles is identified as helping the NFL hire Paul Tagliabue as commissioner in 1989, though Tagliabue was already working for the league at that time.

Teams hiring search firms isn’t unusual (the Jets paid for one to find John Idzik for them in 2013), and Lions owner Martha Firestone Ford made it clear upon firing Tom Lewand and Martin Mayhew they were beginning a national search.

Gotta give it to Martha. She already saw the Ford's were unfit to hire anyone competent.