• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Isaiah McKenzie appreciation Thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signed with the Bills today.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect to McKenzie, but this team has enough going on as far as bumbling, hold-your-breath, head holding moments .. and I was sort of happy to see Cracraft on the field

Best of luck to McKenzie, but I can't say that I'm not a little bit relieved

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO McKenzie can be a top return man in this league if he gets mentally right. He just doesn’t seem to have that part down yet.

Cracraft does very little for me. He is fine as a 5th WR but he isn’t a game changer nor game ruiner like McKenzie.

He is safe but very limited upside. Smart, technician type maybe he can work his way up that way.

I liked him some in college but often hurt and doesn’t have a lot of upside/seperation.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should find out about Taylor today. He might be a nice 4/5 WR. Can be a punt returner and has more upside as a WR.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is best to shelf him for the year and get him at 100% for next year.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO McKenzie can be a top return man in this league if he gets mentally right. He just doesn’t seem to have that part down yet.

Cracraft does very little for me. He is fine as a 5th WR but he isn’t a game changer nor game ruiner like McKenzie.

He is safe but very limited upside. Smart, technician type maybe he can work his way up that way.

I liked him some in college but often hurt and doesn’t have a lot of upside/seperation.

Yep, yep, I just meant that seeing Cracraft back there provided a bit of peace of mind in a close game as far as reliably catching the punt ..

I remember wanting Trindon Holliday on the field as much as possible, thinking that game action would help his game - and as unfair as it might be because McKenzie is a different player, McKenzie has just sort of represented this current Bronco team in terms of "what could have been" and bumbling mental errors .. That game last year in which he allowed the clock to run down is just a sore reminder of the past few years ..

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, yep, I just meant that seeing Cracraft back there provided a bit of peace of mind in a close game as far as reliably catching the punt ..

I remember wanting Trindon Holliday on the field as much as possible, thinking that game action would help his game - and as unfair as it might be because McKenzie is a different player, McKenzie has just sort of represented this current Bronco team in terms of "what could have been" and bumbling mental errors .. That game last year in which he allowed the clock to run down is just a sore reminder of the past few years ..

Last year he made so many mental mistakes.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just glad if he is going to blow up he went the the AFC East to hurt give a team a chance against the Patriots. If he is just bad then it will be hard to notice. The Bills have been playing Peterman.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he does well for the Bills. No hard feelings: there were plenty of other things that made the Broncos regrettable last year and he just played his role. I still hold my breath on every punt though. It’s instinct now.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its sad about the 2017 draft class. Bowles should be benched as well but they have very little depth right now.

Elway drafted athletes not football players in 2017.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely doesn't need another appreciation from me -

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKenize had 3 rushes 32 yards, 1 catch 14 yards, 1 PR for 33 yards, yesterday.

This kid can play. I’m tellin ya. He can ball.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Bills the last two weeks they are using McKenzie the exact way we should have. Similar to how the Chiefs used Tyreek Hill his rookie year.

Short little gadget plays. He has a rushing touchdown today. Another good return. I really question why we traded up in round 5 to draft McKenzie a known good PR/gadget player if we were never going to use him right.

yes, he messed up fumbling punts last year, but that was last year.

I just feel like we never find a role for a guy like this that can be very beneficial to our team. You see the Chiefs have it all the time. Not ready to call him a great asset to the Bills, but in two weeks I have seen them use him exactly the way we should have used him coming out of college. At least give him a chance that way. He isn't a big catch guy. He is a return man and gadget WR/RB type.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Bills the last two weeks they are using McKenzie the exact way we should have. Similar to how the Chiefs used Tyreek Hill his rookie year.

Short little gadget plays. He has a rushing touchdown today. Another good return. I really question why we traded up in round 5 to draft McKenzie a known good PR/gadget player if we were never going to use him right.

I just feel like we never find a role for a guy like this that can be very beneficial to our team. You see the Chiefs have it all the time. Not ready to call him a great asset to the Bills, but in two weeks I have seen them use him exactly the way we should have used him coming out of college. At least give him a chance that way. He isn't a big catch guy. He is a return man and gadget WR/RB type.
That is on the coaches and kinda reflect badly on their ability to utilize talent
Patterson same in New England
BB is running him because that is what he is best at.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is on the coaches and kinda reflect badly on their ability to utilize talent
Patterson same in New England
BB is running him because that is what he is best at.

Yes- Totally agree.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don;t disagree - I mean, I loved Chris Cole Trindon Holliday ..

But on the other hand, these types of players do have a limited repertoire, and once teams see what they can do - and when they do it - there will be questions as to how effective they can be ..

McKenzie is obviously not an every down player, so when he gets in the game, you are showing you hand to some extent ... and there are only so many roster spots -- we are just starting to get Hamilton more snaps ( who is obviously a different player ), but I don;t think it is a bad thing to fill the roster with more complete players ..

And I'm sure there is more to it than McKenzie's inability to secure the ball at times - he made some very questionable mental errors last season ..

You're right DC, with everything you say .. and I wish McKenzie the best ... I just don;t think the Broncos - as they are currently put together - will miss him ..

You want a game breaker for tight games .. there no point using a roster spot on a gadgety player for when you are up 35-3 ...

In today's game, for example - vs the Steelers, tied in the 4th quarter - you really want to see McKenzie back there field a punt on the 15 yards line with 3 or 4 minutes to go ??

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not saying Denver will miss him. Just making thr statement that Buffalo is using him the way he fits best on a team. Maybe he was on the wrong team best suited for him. I hope he does well.

Also, I have no problem with McKenzie fielding a punt in that situation as long as the coaching staff tells him to call for a fair catch in that situation. That’s on them to coach him in that situation. Catching the ball was never his problem. Being smart and not fumbling after he ran with it was his problem. So give him one instruction only. Cracraft surely isn’t what McKenzie is, not taking anything away from him. Can we trust him more, probably??? But McKenzie never really had that second chance to earn our trust. He had a good PS returning. We didn’t have a problem promoting him when we needed to but then we got fancy cutting him after one week on the active roster and the team that tried to sign him off our PS got him off waivers. Sorta like another Georgia WR we had Tavares King a few years back.

Last edited:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also see he fumbled altho it was not a TO