• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this Finally the year???

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cubs get it done? I don't believe in curses and all that BS that comes with being a Cubs fan but I've got to say being odds on favorite to win the World Series has me in a strange place. Im cautiously optimistic. Go Cubs Go

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cubs get it done? I don't believe in curses and all that BS that comes with being a Cubs fan but I've got to say being odds on favorite to win the World Series has me in a strange place. Im cautiously optimistic. Go Cubs Go
shut your damn mouth! The first rule of Cubs winning the world series is you don't talk about the Cubs winning the world series.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont believe in curses either, but I am not a big fan of these last moves. Hendricks is progressing up the rotation but he still gets knocked back down. 5 years of waiting for kids to get here, then sign back a guy that refused 15.8 qualifying offer, which put in motion the Heyward signing, then take him back so one of Schwarber or Soler is on the bench each game. Best defensive second baseman we have is Baez, but he wont play there since they decide to make the super sub the every day second baseman.

It feels more like when the bulls were three peating and all the bandwagon fans were back in.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Arrieta's stats over the last part of last year, first part of this year are sick! All most of the sports talk shows could talk about today. Amazing the run he's having.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont believe in curses either, but I am not a big fan of these last moves. Hendricks is progressing up the rotation but he still gets knocked back down. 5 years of waiting for kids to get here, then sign back a guy that refused 15.8 qualifying offer, which put in motion the Heyward signing, then take him back so one of Schwarber or Soler is on the bench each game. Best defensive second baseman we have is Baez, but he wont play there since they decide to make the super sub the every day second baseman.

It feels more like when the bulls were three peating and all the bandwagon fans were back in.

I didn't like the Heyward signing, maybe baseball's most overrated player considering the money he got. But love the Zobrist signing. Wouldn't really call him a "super sub", guy is a valuable player to have.

His on base is .390+ with 24 RBIs

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the Heyward signing, maybe baseball's most overrated player considering the money he got. But love the Zobrist signing. Wouldn't really call him a "super sub", guy is a valuable player to have.

I notice you post these two opinions AFTER Heyward goes 1 for 21 and Zobrist has 8 rbi's in two games. ;)

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I notice you post these two opinions AFTER Heyward goes 1 for 21 and Zobrist has 8 rbi's in two games. ;)

Two opinions about what? Heyward is an overrated player, he has never in his career been worth $200 million.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont know if I wrote it here or not, but I was fine with the Zobrist signing in his superman role. I cannot stand listening to Lean and Bob over cocks constantly referring to Zobrist as a super sub, claiming that Baez should get the Zobrist award for winning a gold glove at multiple positions when the guy is playing second base and they try to make Baez into him. What is the point? Does nobody else feel that Bryant is feeling fucked over here? He already had the grievance about the two weeks, wants to at least get to super 2, but now you are bouncing him from third to left to right? Ben Zobrist was nobody special before he began playing 7 positions. That is where I see the value. But now, we just got a 16 million dollar second baseman. I dont think anyone can talk me out of the fact that Baez could be having hot homerun streaks if he was there everyday and that 16 million could have gone elsewhere.

We have been told to have patience and wait, and right when the troops get here its sign three position players. I still do understand though, that a part of signing Heyward was to get him out of St Louis, but those pricks just keep filling those roles with really good system guys anyway.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if I wrote it here or not, but I was fine with the Zobrist signing in his superman role. I cannot stand listening to Lean and Bob over cocks constantly referring to Zobrist as a super sub, claiming that Baez should get the Zobrist award for winning a gold glove at multiple positions when the guy is playing second base and they try to make Baez into him. What is the point? Does nobody else feel that Bryant is feeling fucked over here? He already had the grievance about the two weeks, wants to at least get to super 2, but now you are bouncing him from third to left to right? Ben Zobrist was nobody special before he began playing 7 positions. That is where I see the value. But now, we just got a 16 million dollar second baseman. I dont think anyone can talk me out of the fact that Baez could be having hot homerun streaks if he was there everyday and that 16 million could have gone elsewhere.

We have been told to have patience and wait, and right when the troops get here its sign three position players. I still do understand though, that a part of signing Heyward was to get him out of St Louis, but those pricks just keep filling those roles with really good system guys anyway.

I agree that Zobrist's value is that he can play multiple positions. Of course Baez would hit for more power, but his fielding is still a little suspect. Having Zobrist gives us a ton of flexibility, like getting La Stella in at 3rd or 2nd, or getting Baez in at 3rd or 2nd, while Zobrist plays 2nd or Right. There's just a ton of flexibility in our depth right now, which pays off when someone like Schwarber goes down.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they cant win it with this team this year, "Is it finally the Cubs year?" should be banned from all languages for 117 years, 8 months, 24 days, 3 hours, 12mins and 32 seconds...after THIS years WS.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Zobrist's value is that he can play multiple positions. Of course Baez would hit for more power, but his fielding is still a little suspect. Having Zobrist gives us a ton of flexibility, like getting La Stella in at 3rd or 2nd, or getting Baez in at 3rd or 2nd, while Zobrist plays 2nd or Right. There's just a ton of flexibility in our depth right now, which pays off when someone like Schwarber goes down.

I just hate LaStella at third and really did not think I would have to see Baez playing those two innings at first base, thought Zobrist was the primary backup for Rizzo or Bryant. Baez infield defense has been stellar, I can see him making mistakes that cost runs learning left or right field on the fly.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hate LaStella at third and really did not think I would have to see Baez playing those two innings at first base, thought Zobrist was the primary backup for Rizzo or Bryant. Baez infield defense has been stellar, I can see him making mistakes that cost runs learning left or right field on the fly.

Baez has been good defensively, so far, some of his throws have been a little wild. La Stella playing 3rd should doesn't bother me, I like seeing the rotation of La Stella and Baez playing, Szczur too when he's healthy.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they cant win it with this team this year, "Is it finally the Cubs year?" should be banned from all languages for 117 years, 8 months, 24 days, 3 hours, 12mins and 32 seconds...after THIS years WS.

I disagree.

I don't think this team is hitting it's peak this season. I think next season is when this team really hits that peak. Rizzo, Bryant, Heyward, Russell, Baez are all mid 20's or younger. And there's still some talented guys in the system like Almora, Happ, Contreras, Vogelbach. A couple of them will probably be traded before this season ends.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

I don't think this team is hitting it's peak this season. I think next season is when this team really hits that peak. Rizzo, Bryant, Heyward, Russell, Baez are all mid 20's or younger. And there's still some talented guys in the system like Almora, Happ, Contreras, Vogelbach. A couple of them will probably be traded before this season ends.

What are you going to trade them for? Better pitching? The Cubs are leading the league in ERA, or at least at or near the top. Better run production? The Cubs are leading the league in run differential and it isn't even close. Better closer? I just, um, at a loss.

And all of this with one of the Cubs strongest young bats out for the year. Amazing.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you going to trade them for? Better pitching? The Cubs are leading the league in ERA, or at least at or near the top. Better run production? The Cubs are leading the league in run differential and it isn't even close. Better closer? I just, um, at a loss.

And all of this with one of the Cubs strongest young bats out for the year. Amazing.

For a starting pitcher yes. I don't trust Hendricks as a playoff pitcher, or even Jason Hammel. So yeah, another top 3 starter would be a great addition

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reason to be trading any of these players.... You know the old adage" If it isn't broke, don't fix it"....

They are playing lights out right now........ No need to destroy the chemistry.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with all these rainouts they might be playing in october just to finish the season.