• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Suh on his way here?

BigLiquid530

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I wish we could get Suh

The Green Bastard

rat #442 from the SS KFFL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Suh ending up in Chicago in '15. I'd love to have him become a Bear, but I just can't see it. And I don't think it has anything to do with him being a dirty player or hated by anyone on the current team, etc. The main thing is that I think he's just going to be too costly to sign. He's going to break the bank.

The other thing is that there are several other needs that are more pressing than DT. I have to think Pace is going to look at it and say, yes, he would definitely improve the D-line, but there are other places where that money would be spent more wisely.

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
main reason Cutler extension pissed me off is that it prevented a play for Suh. Imagine him on that DL, sooner or later Rodgers leg would go, lol.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh's franchise tag number is over 26 million...Detroit can't afford it...period

Heard the cap hit would be like 36 mil. Mayhew already said it could be a possibility to franchise him anyways. Theres no way they let suh go to the bears. They would franchise him and see if they could do something within another year. But i think suh ends up in NY. thats what his sister wants. If he leaves i hope its all the way to the jets. That way we dont have to play him twice a yr.

The funny thing to me that if he leaves, whatever team gets him their fans will all of a sudden love him cuz hes on their team.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franchise tag is average of top 5.

Ngata is at 16 million cap hit.
Fifth is 9 million.

Suh is at 13.6 now. He would be getting a little less for next year.

That is based on cap numbers. If its based on cap

average salary,

1) McCoy 15.86
5) Willfork 7.6

Its gonna be the same as the new orleans tight end.

Suh's difference is 9.7 dead money hit for next season that would take him up around the 22 he made this year. I dont know where 36 million is coming from.

He will get franchised, he will be pissed.

C

cubzzzfanincali

The tag is the HIGHER of Top 5 or 120% of previous year's cap number. Since his 2014 number was $22.4 million, his tag amount is $26.7 million.

I don't care what Detroit is saying, there is no way they are going to tag him. They may be saying that in a contract bluff way, maybe, but I will literally shit in my pants if they use the tag on him. They already have $40 million of 2015's cap dedicated to Stafford and Johnson.

Detroit fans need to face the obvious reality. He is gone. There are other places who can float way more money past his nose. Not Chicago, but several other teams.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*The tag would carry a price over $26 million, and tacking on the $9.7 million in dead money he carries puts his total cap hit at a behemoth $36 million. That would make Suh far and away the biggest cap hit in the NFL -- he led the league in 2014 with a $23.2 million hit.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, thanks for the clarification guys, I thought it had to do with more average value since teams are bastardizing the cap moving dollars to dead money.

I only heard he is gonna rival Watts 100 million 6 year deal, so I dont know if its gonna be more money elsewhere. If he gets that 100 million dollar offer, the lions can still beat that and end up saving money.

I dont think Suh is gonna be really big on getting up front money since he just got 22 million, he shouldnt need it unless he is buying an island somewhere, so end numbers are probably gonna be something Detroit can afford. A team that has space might try to throw 30 at him right away to keep his cap hit down for the rest of the contract, I just cant see that being that big of an advantage to pry him away. Detroit is really in a dead money hole now as it is, they cant keep pushing the dollars back anyway. They need to bite the bullet on either stafford or Johnsons dead money so they dont get hit together.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Suh would stipulate in his contract that he will only play if Vajayjay Cutler is released. I think he hates him that much.

Uh… Suh said this year that he respects Jay and thinks he's one of the toughest QB's in the league.

He was quoted saying this.