• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Patrick Willis a Hall of Famer?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the same subject but a little off course here,

Do you guys think Willis as fallen off a little bit as of late? (This and last season)

He just doesnt seem like the same explosive player that made some holy shit plays. Obviously an extremely good player still and one of the best but seems to have lost a little bit. I'm kind of surprised lately when watching him because he is 27 years old and in his prime.

I don't think so. To me it seems like teams are giving up on the run early so it limits his chances to make a lot of plays. I don't think he has lost anything.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't dropped off the defense Has gotten better, P Willie went from BEING the defense to being the best player on a DOMINATE DEFENSE. Add Aldon, Justin, Bowman, Rogers... more people in place to make the plays. The only LB still playing that was as good as Willis is Ray Lewis in his Prime, Urlacher is kind of close. Willis is still the same explosive player thats why teams gameplan for him now and he is still a beast.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if willis was on like the browns, he'd have huge stats

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't dropped off the defense Has gotten better, P Willie went from BEING the defense to being the best player on a DOMINATE DEFENSE. Add Aldon, Justin, Bowman, Rogers... more people in place to make the plays. The only LB still playing that was as good as Willis is Ray Lewis in his Prime, Urlacher is kind of close. Willis is still the same explosive player thats why teams gameplan for him now and he is still a beast.

Dominant*

Sorry, pet peeve.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The one thing I wonder about there is how Bowman would look without P-Willie.

I love Bowman, but I look at what Spikes has done in SD as well as what Bart Scott has done in NYJ (and the other LBs that have played next to Ray) and wonder how much of Bowman's success is due to playing next to the best ILB in the world.

Wow, I never thought about that, but Bart Scott was suppose to be great. I guess we see why Lance Briggs has never left Urlacher and the Bears

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Willis was Willis before Bowman got here. We have no idea if Bowman is Bowman without Willis.

I think you are right also Clyde, we do not know what Bowman would be. I do not want to find out, we have to keep both of those guys

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Briggs is legit. 4-3 OLB play isn't as dependant on the LB play next to him to the degree an ILB in a 3-4 depends on his counterpart.

Bowman is legit too, but I don't think he'd look quite as good if he were on an average defense. That's why I'm not extremely excited about signing him to a long-term deal.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Willis has 13 forced fumbles in 5.5 years, Ray Lewis has 19 in 17 years.

Ray Lewis had 19.5 sacks in 6 years, in 5.5 Willis has 17

Willis has 6 INTs the first 5.5 years, Ray Lewis who is one of the best MLB at intercepting passes was at 12 in 6 years.

Singaltary had 19 sacks, and 7 Int in his entire career.

We already established MLB/ILBs don't get a lot of sacks, and I don't know how many LB's where INT machines, but i'd assume there isn't to many I think the most by any MLB is Don Shinnick with 37, Ray Lewis is up high on the list with 31. Even Urlacher who played Safety in College only has 21 in his career.

Willis is on par, or passing some of the greatest to ever play the position and you are saying it's not good enough.

Nice stat work

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Briggs is legit. 4-3 OLB play isn't as dependant on the LB play next to him to the degree an ILB in a 3-4 depends on his counterpart.

Bowman is legit too, but I don't think he'd look quite as good if he were on an average defense. That's why I'm not extremely excited about signing him to a long-term deal.[/QUOTE]

Your not?
Goldston or Bowman if we had to choose to sign one to a long term deal?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Your not?
Goldston or Bowman if we had to choose to sign one to a long term deal?

I'd easily take Bowman.

But if it came down to Bowman VS a guy from another team like Mike Wallace or maybe a CB like Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, I'd go w/ the latter. I'd also rather sign a big-time DL to a long-term deal than Bowman.

Regardless, I hope the Niners try to trade Bowman this offseason. If they can get something for him, they should.