• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Patrick Willis a Hall of Famer?

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My honest opinion I would say no stat wise because of sacks. But what are your thoughts?
Dont get me wrong Willis is the best LB in the game.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a freakin ILB. They don't get a lot of sacks. Of course he's a Hall of Famer. It's just a matter of time.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he continues to play at this level for another 6-10 years then it's no question. He is on track for the HOF

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sacks are pretty much the least important stat for MLB.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes if Willis continues to play that way he has, he is absolutely a hall of famer. That being said, I'm not sure he's the best LB on this team. He might be SLIGHTLY better than Bowman right now but not a lot better. Together they are monsters.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes if Willis continues to play that way he has, he is absolutely a hall of famer. That being said, I'm not sure he's the best LB on this team. He might be SLIGHTLY better than Bowman right now but not a lot better. Together they are monsters.

The one thing I wonder about there is how Bowman would look without P-Willie.

I love Bowman, but I look at what Spikes has done in SD as well as what Bart Scott has done in NYJ (and the other LBs that have played next to Ray) and wonder how much of Bowman's success is due to playing next to the best ILB in the world.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They mentioned Derrick Thomas tonight, the only other guy to make Pro Bowl in his first 5 seasons. He only played 8 years (I think) and made the HOF, but I think there was some sympathy vote involved because of his tragic death. Lots of sacks also helped him, because he was not really a complete player. So I think Willis would have to keep this up for more than 3 more years I'd say.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I wonder about there is how Bowman would look without P-Willie.

I love Bowman, but I look at what Spikes has done in SD as well as what Bart Scott has done in NYJ (and the other LBs that have played next to Ray) and wonder how much of Bowman's success is due to playing next to the best ILB in the world.

Bowman did pretty well last year when Willis was out.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Willis was Willis before Bowman got here. We have no idea if Bowman is Bowman without Willis.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As other have said, sacks aren't that important for MLB/ILB. Ray Lewis only had 2.5 more sacks in his first 6 years, Willis still has half a season to match that. Singletary only had 19 in his entire career, Willis currently has 17.

Last edited by a moderator:

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Willis is able to win a Superbowl or 2 and he keeps playing at this level he will go down as the best ILB the game has ever seen.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great at tackles but not big plays for my money. Very few fumbles forced or recovered, ints, or sacks. Nice plays, not big plays.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great at tackles but not big plays for my money. Very few fumbles forced or recovered, ints, or sacks. Nice plays, not big plays.

First 5 years in the league:

Ray Lewis: 714 tackles, 16 sacks, 2 FF, 3 FR, 9 INTs, 38 PDs, ESPN didn't count stuff Lewis' first 5 years in the league.

Patrick Willis: 692 tackles, 17 sacks, 12 FFs, 4 FFs, 5 INTs, 40 PDs, 31 stuffs.

Willis has more sacks, FFs, FRs, and PDs than Lewis did in his first 5 years. Lewis has more tackles and INTs. If you take the best 5 seasons of Lewis' career in terms of stuffs, he has 32. Only 1 more than Willis, and those were his BEST seasons across his entire career.

Obviously the difference here is that Lewis had that superbowl MVP in 2000 that separates both players, but there's no doubt that Willis is on his way to becoming in a first ballot HOF the second he retires.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Willis has 13 forced fumbles in 5.5 years, Ray Lewis has 19 in 17 years.

Ray Lewis had 19.5 sacks in 6 years, in 5.5 Willis has 17

Willis has 6 INTs the first 5.5 years, Ray Lewis who is one of the best MLB at intercepting passes was at 12 in 6 years.

Singaltary had 19 sacks, and 7 Int in his entire career.

We already established MLB/ILBs don't get a lot of sacks, and I don't know how many LB's where INT machines, but i'd assume there isn't to many I think the most by any MLB is Don Shinnick with 37, Ray Lewis is up high on the list with 31. Even Urlacher who played Safety in College only has 21 in his career.

Willis is on par, or passing some of the greatest to ever play the position and you are saying it's not good enough.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On the same subject but a little off course here,

Do you guys think Willis as fallen off a little bit as of late? (This and last season)

He just doesnt seem like the same explosive player that made some holy shit plays. Obviously an extremely good player still and one of the best but seems to have lost a little bit. I'm kind of surprised lately when watching him because he is 27 years old and in his prime.