• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Osweiler the new Matt Flynn/Matt Cassel?

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brock would have stayed in Denver he would have been just fine. He decided to take the money instead of staying a in really good situation. I can't blame him for that. It's about getting paid. Peace.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the question. It is way to early to judge Brock so far. They are still the team to beat in the AFC South which sucks. Peace.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brock would have stayed in Denver he would have been just fine. He decided to take the money instead of staying a in really good situation. I can't blame him for that. It's about getting paid. Peace.
Short-term maybe. With a first round pick waiting in the wings his leash would have been much shorter in Denver.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short-term maybe. With a first round pick waiting in the wings his leash would have been much shorter in Denver.

Well they wouldn't have drafted Lynch if they signed Brock.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they wouldn't have drafted Lynch if they signed Brock.
It's hard to say that without knowing what the front office planned to do if he stayed. It's possible they still pick Lynch after signing Osweiler. Look at how much the Eagles spent through their cap and the draft on their quarterback situation over the past few years

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: Scott Pioli is a terrible GM

Thank god he's gone so he can ruin some other team.

In ATL...reunited with his buddy Dimitroff in some subordinate role...sounds like a glorified scout actually...they were well on their way to collapsing the Falcons until Quinn got the job and final say on the 53....this past draft looks like Quinn's.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season has been somewhat predictable so far for HOU...a guy <10 career starts get a huge contract...I pegged HOU for a 9-7 record with #99, so I'll give it until next season...O'Brien is noted to be a good OFC guy and this is his guy....hand picked.

iamotexm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how much of the mentoring Manning gave to him soaked in

klbynes500

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to being deficient of watching the amount of Osweiler that I would've needed to watch, in order to type a legitimate opinion about his performance, so far, I will type what I'd seen from Osweiler.

As long as Osweiler has Miller and Blue, Osweiler has an advantage as a passer. Both running backs will make coverages looser, if they're running the ball, effectively. Most of the time, Miller and Blue run the ball, effectively.

When I saw the Texans vs. the Broncos on Monday Night Football, I noticed Osweiler had thrown most of his passes to the tight end. In another game, he threw many of his attempts to the tight end.

Accuracy and prudence from each attempt I didn't concentrate much about what was shown from Osweiler.
That's why I can't give a good opinion about Osweiler's performance, for this season.

Also, I watched very little of the Texans' offensive line's performance.

iamotexm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing you need is a 3rd or 4th progession target........N.E. has that and they catch the ball

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say that without knowing what the front office planned to do if he stayed. It's possible they still pick Lynch after signing Osweiler. Look at how much the Eagles spent through their cap and the draft on their quarterback situation over the past few years
Trust me, there's not a chance they're drafting Lynch if Osweiler re-signs in Denver. Maybe they take Dak in the third or fourth round if he's still there (they supposedly really liked him before the draft), but they wouldn't trade up for Lynch with Osweiler in the fold.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans fan starts GoFundMe to buy out Osweiler deal

When Brock Osweiler was introduced by the Houston Texans in March, the signing was hailed as a potential masterstroke for a team looking for the final piece of the championship puzzle. Following a Week 1 win over the Bears, Texans owner Bob McNair gushed, "He's everything we thought he would be. He can perform under pressure, and that's what you want."

Cut to the present day. The Texans are still atop the AFC South, but all is not well. Osweiler has played poorly, and the Texans are coming off an ugly primetime loss to the Broncos in which an overmatched Osweiler averaged 3.2 yards per attempt on 41 throws against his former team. If you turned up the volume of your TV, you could hear John Elway cackling from his luxury suite. It was a grim scene for the NFL's Houston franchise.

The natives, meanwhile, are restless. One disgruntled Texans fan has started a GoFundMe page with the goal of raising enough cash to buy out Osweiler's $72 million deal. (The contract only actually includes $37 million guaranteed, but you know, symbolism.)

"I am a die hard Texans fan and we need to get rid of Brock Osweiler or we're not going anywhere. He is a waste of 72 million and for a dollar a day we can get him out and make DeAndre Hopkins happy."

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
72 mil for a guy that hadn't really proved himself..... dumb .. Why not just turn to the draft and make a cheaper gamble... This is why desperate franchises don't win, they put all there eggs in the wrong basket...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Essentially the OP is asking is he a flop?

<10 career starts before this season, basically a rookie in terms of live game action. New team, system, etc. this was very predictable.

HOU was foolish enough to pay him the money...fans have a right to boo or be pissed, but they would be more foolish imo to expect him to play like Tom Brady or something just because he's cashing big checks.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans fan starts GoFundMe to buy out Osweiler deal

When Brock Osweiler was introduced by the Houston Texans in March, the signing was hailed as a potential masterstroke for a team looking for the final piece of the championship puzzle. Following a Week 1 win over the Bears, Texans owner Bob McNair gushed, "He's everything we thought he would be. He can perform under pressure, and that's what you want."

Cut to the present day. The Texans are still atop the AFC South, but all is not well. Osweiler has played poorly, and the Texans are coming off an ugly primetime loss to the Broncos in which an overmatched Osweiler averaged 3.2 yards per attempt on 41 throws against his former team. If you turned up the volume of your TV, you could hear John Elway cackling from his luxury suite. It was a grim scene for the NFL's Houston franchise.

The natives, meanwhile, are restless. One disgruntled Texans fan has started a GoFundMe page with the goal of raising enough cash to buy out Osweiler's $72 million deal. (The contract only actually includes $37 million guaranteed, but you know, symbolism.)

"I am a die hard Texans fan and we need to get rid of Brock Osweiler or we're not going anywhere. He is a waste of 72 million and for a dollar a day we can get him out and make DeAndre Hopkins happy."

That fan is dumber than a sack of rocks!

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Essentially the OP is asking is he a flop?

<10 career starts before this season, basically a rookie in terms of live game action. New team, system, etc. this was very predictable.

HOU was foolish enough to pay him the money...fans have a right to boo or be pissed, but they would be more foolish imo to expect him to play like Tom Brady or something just because he's cashing big checks.
It's not that he's not Tom Brady, it's that he's playing worse than the guy they ran out of town the previous season.